1620 Morning Show

teachercd

Benning is getting worse by the week. I can't believe he'd listen to Armstrong's press conference and then go question Armstrong's willingness to be coached.

He's becoming impossible to take seriously. I can now see why he was a complete failure as a coach.

I'm sorry but part of it 100% does fall on the players. This isn't a 100% coach thing. I know you seem to think the players can do no wrong.. but you are wrong!

Coaches and players are at fault here

• Fire 2

Don't get me wrong. I believe in fact that the players do need to taken behind the woodshed, but so do the coaches. Who does he recommend does that ?

Eichorst...NO, wait, he needs to go there too, so it would have to be Harvey Perleman who takes them all...NO WAIT, HE NEEDS TO BE FIRST!...

:dunno ...

I GOT IT!! Jason Peters! :bonez

Awesome !

On all counts.

I love Tommy the player and the leadership, etc he brings to the table. But I don't see how you can watch his play over the course of this year and not question his willingness to be coached.

The home run is far, far too appealing to him. And improvising does pay off now and again. I don't think it's anybody's fault, but I'm certain it drives the coaches nuts. He just hasn't had anyone to seriously challenge him, and he's had a ton of other stuff on his plate in this first year in a new system. IMO, it was either unwilling or unable to this year, and both can change.

He may not have anybody to challenge him as a senior, either. But the incoming guy/s will have something to say about that.

I get annoyed when TA comes of the field after an Int or some other bad play and Langsdorf and/or MR are there to meet him to discuss what Tommy saw or what he didn't see(other teams guy), and he cant stand there and look the coaches in the eye and talk like an grown ass man and leader he is suppose to be. Instead too often I see him turning back and barking something at the coaches while walking away to go sulk. Stand there eye to eye with the coaches and get it figured out. The body language is that of what I used to see from Ryan Leaf. Now im not saying he is Ryan Leaf just that this particular habit he has when coming off the field on these occasions reminds me of him. Maybe im the only one seeing this. But after I recognized it the first time, I watch for it every time, and more often than not the pissy body language thing happens.

• Fire 1

I love Tommy the player and the leadership, etc he brings to the table. But I don't see how you can watch his play over the course of this year and not question his willingness to be coached.

The home run is far, far too appealing to him. And improvising does pay off now and again. I don't think it's anybody's fault, but I'm certain it drives the coaches nuts. He just hasn't had anyone to seriously challenge him, and he's had a ton of other stuff on his plate in this first year in a new system. IMO, it was either unwilling or unable to this year, and both can change.

He may not have anybody to challenge him as a senior, either. But the incoming guy/s will have something to say about that.

I get annoyed when TA comes of the field after an Int or some other bad play and Langsdorf and/or MR are there to meet him to discuss what Tommy saw or what he didn't see(other teams guy), and he cant stand there and look the coaches in the eye and talk like an grown ass man and leader he is suppose to be. Instead too often I see him turning back and barking something at the coaches while walking away to go sulk. Stand there eye to eye with the coaches and get it figured out. The body language is that of what I used to see from Ryan Leaf. Now im not saying he is Ryan Leaf just that this particular habit he has when coming off the field on these occasions reminds me of him. Maybe im the only one seeing this. But after I recognized it the first time, I watch for it every time, and more often than not the pissy body language thing happens.

Hmmm, interesting.

Hmmm, interesting.

Have you noticed this Teach?

Hmmm, interesting.

Teach is too busy taking shots and looking for hotties to look how Tommy is walking off the field after an interception.

Hmmm, interesting.

I hardly ever go into the games (I only went to the Illini game this year) so I can't say I have ever noticed it but I can believe that it happens at times.

Hmmm, interesting.

Teach is too busy taking shots and looking for hotties to look how Tommy is walking off the field after an interception.

I don't really do a lot of shots!

Have those who watch practice regularly come out and said this team doesn't do enough full speed and full contact practices/drills? This was a similar gripe under Bo Pelini, but, I've never seen it factually stated in an article outside of off-hand comments from radio personalities like DB. Can anyone point me to an article or statement about this? I hear this all time the time but I've personally never seen or heard anyone back it up. Perhaps, admittedly, I've missed it.

I can round up a couple of dozen replays from actual games showing poor angles of pursuit and some pretty wimpy tackling, maybe No. 24 on both of Canzeri's TD runs. But that doesn't mean that just because bad technique shows up in a game that it isn't stressed in practice, just that it needs to be practiced more...or better...or something...

Hmmm, interesting.

I don't really do a lot of shots!

I heard you do a shot for every Armstrong INT, and you get completely bombed each Saturday.

I watched every single game and I don't remember seeing that once.

In fact, I specifically remember him coming off the field in this game and standing three talking to Langsdorf specifically about what he saw and what went wrong....you know....eye to eye....man to man.

I can't believe he'd listen to Armstrong's press conference and then go question Armstrong's willingness to be coached.

Probably because he watched Armstrong's season?... :dunno

TA may take coaching well in practice, but panics under pressure. Although the tweet about TA walking out of practice suggests otherwise. I do not like prima donnas, but I really do not like prima donnas that turn the ball over at a world class pace. The coaches must sit players that do not listen and do not perform.

I don't want to make it that Tommy actively ignores or disrespects the coaches. I don't think that's the case. This guy loves football and is a hard worker.

What it comes down to is if you're interested in addressing this area of the game -- I mean, if you're REALLY, really interested -- there's a certain utmost dedication to the craft that goes with it. And if that is there, then it's up to being able to get somewhere or not.

So right now, it should be clear that between one or the other, there's something that needs working on. What's not clear is just which one it is, or if it's a combination, or if it'll get fixed. I would *hope* that we are all Tommy fans though, and hoping for the best.

I thought I picked up DB talking about his opinion of Tommy changing after watching the Iowa game. Saying his demeanor is not what a Nebraska QB should have on the field and coming to the sideline. That's about when he and Sharp started up on the "does Tommy get the nod next year" or "do you make the choice to go with the QB of the future?"