1620 Morning Show

teachercd

I don't know if 12 practices in December is really a huge deal come August...I have some mixed views on that. I think it is what you/they are doing from the end of the bowl game until spring that probably matters more.

12 guitar lessons wont make me Jimi Hendricks

But those 12 lessons will take you from Smoke on the Water to Stairway to Heaven. Source: I play guitar and it happened to me.
  • Fire 1

I don't know if 12 practices in December is really a huge deal come August...I have some mixed views on that. I think it is what you/they are doing from the end of the bowl game until spring that probably matters more.

12 guitar lessons wont make me Jimi Hendricks

But those 12 lessons will take you from Smoke on the Water to Stairway to Heaven. Source: I play guitar and it happened to me.

E A B...

Ha!

• Fire 1

My only gripe with DB's comments is that he's putting it all on the players (no doubt they are at least 50% responsible).

But when the coaches call the 4th and 1 calls... all year long... then the other 50% of the responsibility lays with the coaching staff.

And yet he's recommending the coaching 50% take the player 50% out behind the woodshed.

We have way bigger problems than just the players.

• Fire 1

My only gripe with DB's comments is that he's putting it all on the players (no doubt they are at least 50% responsible).

But when the coaches call the 4th and 1 calls... all year long... then the other 50% of the responsibility lays with the coaching staff.

And yet he's recommending the coaching 50% take the player 50% out behind the woodshed.

Where do you get he is putting it all on the players. He specifically talked about the coaches needing to change things.

• Fire 1

Where do you get he is putting it all on the players. He specifically talked about the coaches needing to change things.

From the original post up above.

The original post above says:

DB mentioned that the staff needs to stop with the "nice" and start holding players accountable and using more tough love.

Not sure how that is "all on the players". That is a coaching issue that he believes needs to be changed.

He has said for weeks that the staff needs to use the best motivator they have - the bench.

DB mentioned that the staff needs to stop with the "nice" and start holding players accountable and using more tough love.

Going from this, he is saying that Riley & Co need to change what they are doing Sunday through Friday before things can be changed on Saturdays.

Yeah, he did say that as well. Nice catch

He's been saying that for at least a month now.

The original post above says:

Not sure how that is "all on the players". That is a coaching issue that he believes needs to be changed.

He has said for weeks that the staff needs to use the best motivator they have - the bench.

I'm talking about the coaches play calling, which is at least as much responsible for our problems as the players. So should the players take the coaches out behind the woodshed?

Don't get me wrong. I believe in fact that the players do need to taken behind the woodshed, but so do the coaches. Who does he recommend does that ?

Don't get me wrong. I believe in fact that the players do need to taken behind the woodshed, but so do the coaches. Who does he recommend does that ?

Eichorst...NO, wait, he needs to go there too, so it would have to be Harvey Perleman who takes them all...NO WAIT, HE NEEDS TO BE FIRST!...

:dunno ...

I GOT IT!! Jason Peters! :bonez

• Fire 1

I flat out won't buy that an extra three weeks of practice isn't beneficial in more ways than not.

Then let Riley and the team knock themselves out. Maybe even go full speed, ones on ones, and tackle to the ground...or more of the same, whatever...

NCAA rules still apply to bowl practices so they'll be similarly limited in how much contact they can do.

Have those who watch practice regularly come out and said this team doesn't do enough full speed and full contact practices/drills? This was a similar gripe under Bo Pelini, but, I've never seen it factually stated in an article outside of off-hand comments from radio personalities like DB. Can anyone point me to an article or statement about this? I hear this all time the time but I've personally never seen or heard anyone back it up. Perhaps, admittedly, I've missed it.

My questioning of DBs comments is when he says it's not lack of talent for this season, but then he and Sharp rattle off plays that Ameer would've made that Newby doesn't make or that there is no rush like what RG4 provided.

I think that comes from a place of him believing the team has the talent to be better than they are but the coaching/transitional changes have held the team back.

I think that's fair, but I don't think it's because of bad coaching necessarily - some of it is due to all the change.

The talent on this team could, without question, be better. I don't think anyone would reasonably argue against that.

My questioning of DBs comments is when he says it's not lack of talent for this season, but then he and Sharp rattle off plays that Ameer would've made that Newby doesn't make or that there is no rush like what RG4 provided.

I think that comes from a place of him believing the team has the talent to be better than they are but the coaching/transitional changes have held the team back.

I think that's fair, but I don't think it's because of bad coaching necessarily - some of it is due to all the change.

The talent on this team could, without question, be better. I don't think anyone would reasonably argue against that.

I think I'm right there with ya. I'm in the belief that there is enough talent to be competitive and win more games than we did, but there is not reliable playmaker on the team. Which is why I'm conflicted with his message, not having a reliable playmaker is the result of not having enough talent.