We're Going Bowling... And It's Bo's Fault!

Atbone95

Saw a funny joke on Twitter. Everything gets its own thread now-a-days, so I went for it.

We'll be going bowling this year at 5-7, assuming the university doesn't decline. The selections for these bowls are based on APR, or Academic Progress Ratings. These ratings are a 4-year running average of academic success for athletes at the university. As such, Mike Riley had nothing to do with us going, it was all Bo!

Guide to a 2015 Huskers Bowl Game

1.) If you're unhappy the team goes to a bowl game at 5-7, blame Bo.

2.) If you're happy the team goes to a bowl game at 5-7, thank Bo.

3.) If you're happy the team goes to a bowl game but still hate Bo, start mass threads about how the performance in the game will directly correlate to Bo's coaching getting us there.

3.) a.) If the team goes to a bowl game and does well, thank Mike Riley because clearly he did it.

3.) b.) If the team goes to a bowl game and does poorly, blame Bo because he's the reason we were there in the first place.

The tweet ended asking if we were writing the bowl game bonus check to Bo or to Mike this year. I'm leaning Bo. ;)

• Fire 5

Saw a funny joke on Twitter. Everything gets its own thread now-a-days, so I went for it.

We'll be going bowling this year at 5-7, assuming the university doesn't decline. The selections for these bowls are based on APR, or Academic Progress Ratings. These ratings are a 4-year running average of academic success for athletes at the university. As such, Mike Riley had nothing to do with us going, it was all Bo!

Guide to a 2015 Huskers Bowl Game

1.) If you're unhappy the team goes to a bowl game at 5-7, blame Bo.

2.) If you're happy the team goes to a bowl game at 5-7, thank Bo.

3.) If you're happy the team goes to a bowl game but still hate Bo, start mass threads about how the performance in the game will directly correlate to Bo's coaching getting us there.

3.) a.) If the team goes to a bowl game and does well, thank Mike Riley because clearly he did it.

3.) b.) If the team goes to a bowl game and does poorly, blame Bo because he's the reason we were there in the first place.

The tweet ended asking if we were writing the bowl game bonus check to Bo or to Mike this year. I'm leaning Bo. ;)

maybe Bo will help pay for the travel expenses since it's "his fault"?

Bo and Bill Callahan get a lot of grief from Husker Fans, much both deserved & undeserved.

If there's one thing both coaches did right in their time here, it's that they both kept up our student athletes' academic standing. Both stressed academics, attending classes, being a student. Lots of coaches don't do that, but these guys did, and we should commend them for it.

I recall, and could probably dig up an article on it if I wasn't lazy, a story about Bo spot-checking classes when he first got to Lincoln, showing up in his players' classes to make sure they were there. Yeah, lots of coaches do that, but lots don't. That Bo did speaks well of him.

And I know someone's going to post in this thread with some story about having Johnny Football Player in their class, and he slept the whole time, or he slacked off, or he was dumber than a box of hammers. In a group of 100+ guys, you're going to have that. We're talking about the team as a whole.

This is a good thing that everyone can celebrate, no matter their opinion of Callahan or Pelini (or Solich, or Osborne).

• Fire 3

Is the APR calculated with only football players? I'm guessing not.

WOW! Bo must have really worked hard to get all of our student-athletes to class! Especially the wrestlers. I've heard they are a b!tch to get out of bed in the morning.

I wish there were some way to repay him for all that hard work...

You know, like continue to pay him millions for years.

Yes it is separate for each sport. You can click here and select University of Nebraska, Lincoln to find the numbers for each sport for a bunch of years.

The most recent year available is 13-14. For that year, the football team's score in 985. That's better than baseball, men's basketball and wrestling.

Our football score has gone up every year they've had the calculation (except it stayed the same from 07-08 to 08-09). It started at 932 in 04-05 and is now up to the current 985.

For that year, the football team's score in 985. That's better than baseball, men's basketball and wrestling.

Oh well. At least I was right about the wrestlers.

I guess we could give Bo the contractual "bowl bonus" that Riley declined. Why not? It would we a nice Christmas bonus. Since he is still on the payroll, and everything. Send him a meat and cheese tray, too.