Dirk: If Husker football truly is Pederson/Callahan 2.0, prepare for a wild winter

I really don't feel like this year was anything like BC's first year. I feel a lot more optimism about the program under Riley than I ever did with BC.

Option football has been gone for too long now, it doesn't hurt anymore. It is like a girlfriend that dumped you, and it hurts at first, then she installs a WCO offense on your favorite team and loses lots of games.

We have realized one of TO's greatest fears:

"It's sad," Osborne said, "and yet on the other hand, this marks, what, 42 years of continuity? Every player we've had during that 42-year period could turn on the TV or come visit practice and there was somebody they could relate to, somebody they knew. Now, almost totally, that's gone.

"In a way it's sad, but in another way it's really nice we had that for 42 years. Most places change coaches every three or four years."

Your boy earned his pink note, buddy.

Walking off the Memorial Stadium turf Friday night, I looked up at the scoreboard “28-20” and had a flashback. That score looks an awful lot like Colorado 26, Nebraska 20.

It is not Shawn Eichorst’s fault. It is not Mike Riley’s fault. It’s really not.

Well actually....

I'm not sure why the 28-20 loss to #3 Iowa would remind Dirk of losing 26-20 to a CU team that lost nine games that year. #3 Iowa. Nine loss Colorado. Similar? No. :hmmph

Maybe he should have looked at the Purdue game.

Nobody should ever have to look at the Purdue game again. Worst game of a terrible year. It should be stricken from our records. :facepalm:

Penn State literally buried the game film from their Temple loss this year. Maybe Riley should look into that with the Purdue game

I was gone to CO the weekend of the Purdue game. Got busy and couldn't watch.

Started watching film on WatchESPN 'til halftime when I got back, never finished. Guess there was a reason...

We have realized one of TO's greatest fears:

"It's sad," Osborne said, "and yet on the other hand, this marks, what, 42 years of continuity? Every player we've had during that 42-year period could turn on the TV or come visit practice and there was somebody they could relate to, somebody they knew. Now, almost totally, that's gone.

"In a way it's sad, but in another way it's really nice we had that for 42 years. Most places change coaches every three or four years."

Your boy earned his pink note, buddy.

Sure, but hiring a borderline retiree ensured this pattern will continue, we know it will happen again soon.