Dirk: If Husker football truly is Pederson/Callahan 2.0, prepare for a wild winter

No comparison in my opinion. Colo is no Iowa and this NU team played much better overall than BC's first team.

I didn't say it was a perfect comparison, and I don't think Dirk was either. I think he was saying it's eerily similar. Another disappointing loss, to a team wearing black/gold(yellow), which is in a border state, and a team that a lot of fans don't want to admit is a rival.

I wish people would stop taking things 100% literal all the darn time.

No comparison in my opinion. Colo is no Iowa and this NU team played much better overall than BC's first team.

I didn't say it was a perfect comparison, and I don't think Dirk was either. I think he was saying it's eerily similar. Another disappointing loss, to a team wearing black/gold(yellow), which is in a border state, and a team that a lot of fans don't want to admit is a rival.

Do you really wish that? :dunno

• Fire 1

Walking off the Memorial Stadium turf Friday night, I looked up at the scoreboard “28-20” and had a flashback. That score looks an awful lot like Colorado 26, Nebraska 20.

It is not Shawn Eichorst’s fault. It is not Mike Riley’s fault. It’s really not.

Well actually....

I'm not sure why the 28-20 loss to #3 Iowa would remind Dirk of losing 26-20 to a CU team that lost nine games that year. #3 Iowa. Nine loss Colorado. Similar? No. :hmmph

Huh? CU went 8-5 in 2004, and the win over NU enabled CU to win the Big 12 North. I know it's not the #3 team in the country, but CU was decent.

Decent? They had a 4-4 conference record and still won the North division and went on to get curb stomped by OU 42-3 in the CCG.

My bad. I didn't know what year he was talking about, so I glanced down our schedule of CU games. I was looking at 2009 when we actually *won* 28-20. Brain fart on my part. lol

I stand corrected. :lol:

Eh, it's Colorado who gives a **** lol.

• Fire 1

Walking off the Memorial Stadium turf Friday night, I looked up at the scoreboard “28-20” and had a flashback. That score looks an awful lot like Colorado 26, Nebraska 20.

It is not Shawn Eichorst’s fault. It is not Mike Riley’s fault. It’s really not.

Well actually....

I'm not sure why the 28-20 loss to #3 Iowa would remind Dirk of losing 26-20 to a CU team that lost nine games that year. #3 Iowa. Nine loss Colorado. Similar? No. :hmmph

And the 2015 Huskers fought to the end of the Iowa game. I had a great look at the sideline for that 2004 Colorado game. The team had very clearly checked out, and did not care.

Do you really wish that? :dunno

Thanks for the laugh +1

The parallels would start to become spooky if all of Riley's assistants were his crony buddies and he was trying to run an NFL-style, WCO with an option-oriented athletic QB.

Wow. Didn't even think about that.I see what you did there.

Yep......

Did Riley call any fans f'ing hillbilly's? If so, I'm burning my Sam Keller jersey to ward off evil spirits.

Well actually....

Maybe he should have looked at the Purdue game.

I actually agree with an entire passage from Dirk. I might need to reevaluate my life. Maybe he was different back then......

What’s most concerning about Callahan’s eagerness to fast-forward to 2007 is that with high school phenom Beck watching in the stands, the coach put the ball in the air 55 times against Colorado. This, just two weeks after the Huskers pounded Oklahoma on the ground because, as Offensive Coordinator Jay Norvell said, rushing was Nebraska’s strength.

In the long run, the recruiting emphasis might work out. Callahan might convince the next Dan Marino one can throw for 10,000 yards in the brisk Nebraska breeze. He’ll slip that Colorado tape into the VCR and say, “See? Look how many throws we missed that you could’ve made.”
But, at some point, a coach must maximize the potential of his current players, something Callahan didn’t appear interested in doing this season. Installing the future offense to lure recruits trumped all else.
It was more important than qualifying for a bowl game, more important than beating Iowa State and Colorado, more important than pounding Cory Ross and Brandon Jackson and keeping Joe Dailey and a suspect defense out of the action as much as possible.
  • Fire 4

Well actually....

Nobody should ever have to look at the Purdue game again. Worst game of a terrible year. It should be stricken from our records. :facepalm:

Well actually....

Nobody should ever have to look at the Purdue game again. Worst game of a terrible year. It should be stricken from our records. :facepalm:

Penn State literally buried the game film from their Temple loss this year. Maybe Riley should look into that with the Purdue game

Well actually....

Penn State literally buried the game film from their Temple loss this year. Maybe Riley should look into that with the Purdue game

Turned out that Temple loss wasn't nearly as bad as it looked at the time.