Worst thing about Hawkeye success

Not discouraged tbh. Play like we did the last 3 games, minus the TOs of course, and we can compete for the conference right now. Hopefully upgrade the talent at some positions and we got stew going.

As disappointing as this season was as a whole we were much closer to competing with the top of the league this year than in recent years.

There really is no truth to the bolded, see Purdue and Illinois.

If wonder boy does what the coach says, you could cross off the Illinois issue and if TA had been well enough to play,we would have only had two picks instead of four..cough cough..

If the staff would have figured out clock management and would have actually had a QB boot in their play book, cross off Illinois.

Since both QBs had their problems with the INT, the common denominator is the staff and their game plans.

I just read a lot of whining about our team. Whoever said this team was closer to competing for a conference crown this year than any of the previous 10 years hit the nail on the head.

Losing SEVEN games by a combined point total less than a single game against Wisconsin in 3 out of the 4 times we've played them since joining the league. Nobody expected Tommy to throw 4 more interceptions than last year in 2 less games to date. Nobody expected Nebraska's defense to struggle against the pass while changing their defensive philosophy to finish 8th nationally in stopping the run.

Stop whining. This staff and team will win. You sound like five year olds on a long car ride.

I just read a lot of whining about our team. Whoever said this team was closer to competing for a conference crown this year than any of the previous 10 years hit the nail on the head.

Losing SEVEN games by a combined point total less than a single game against Wisconsin in 3 out of the 4 times we've played them since joining the league. Nobody expected Tommy to throw 4 more interceptions than last year in 2 less games to date. Nobody expected Nebraska's defense to struggle against the pass while changing their defensive philosophy to finish 8th nationally in stopping the run.

Ya, cuz finishing a distant 4th in what is possibly the worst division in 4th FBS is closer to winning the conference championship than actually playing in the game itself.

Stop whining. This staff and team will win. You sound like five year olds on a long car ride.

Irony. You must not have been on this board much the past few years. Now there was some epic whining.

Your mind is stuck in wins and losses vs actually using your eyeballs to see this team is nowhere near the ball park of getting blown out anymore. Those days are over and you should be thanking your lucky stars for it. They're tracking upwards whether you'll admit it or not.

Try to stop hanging onto the lowest fruit. That's what whiners do.

Your mind is stuck in wins and losses vs actually using your eyeballs to see this team is nowhere near the ball park of getting blown out anymore. Those days are over and you should be thanking your lucky stars for it. They're tracking upwards whether you'll admit it or not.

My eyes saw this staff guide the team to getting blown out 42-13 in the 3rd quarter to Purdue.

That didn't pass they eyeball test, no matter how much Pedeyshine you try to rub in my eyes.

You want to talk about low hanging fruit and whiners, I agree. See how many people are still hung up over blow out losses of the past regime. Major league whining right there.

My eyes saw this staff guide the team to getting blown out 42-13 in the 3rd quarter to Purdue.

That didn't pass they eyeball test, no matter how much Pedeyshine you try to rub in my eyes.

You want to talk about low hanging fruit and whiners, I agree. See how many people are still hung up over blow out losses of the past regime.

and still only lost by 10 points. Do you cry yourself to sleep everynight, with your autographed Bo Pelini 5x7 firmly in your grasp?

Not getting upset by losing 3 out of 4 matchups to a single team by an embarrassing margin is a great way to stay in shape. I hear Youngstown State is looking for fans.

You want to talk about low hanging fruit and whiners, I agree. See how many people are still hung up over blow out losses of the past regime.

and still only lost by 10 points.

Garbage time points at the end of a blowout. So Callahanesque.

Do you cry yourself to sleep everynight, with your autographed Bo Pelini 5x7 firmly in your grasp?

Not getting upset by losing 3 out of 4 matchups to a single team by an embarrassing margin is a great way to stay in shape. I hear Youngstown State is looking for fans.

Some of us have the intellect to understand that the previous coach needed to go AND can see that the current coach is terrible.

Some can't figure out that seeing the ineptitude of the current staff isn't the same as clamoring for the return of the former.