Heisman Trophy 2015

Mavric

I thought Fournette looked ready for the pros last season. CM didn't have a big game against ND is the only puzzling thing with him...considering how little defense there was... I thought Stanford was fortunate to get a few calls to go their way in the passing game that night. E.g., one of their WR's started to catch a pass (read: didn't have control of the ball) on a third and long and was knocked back a yard and a half from the marker before completing the catch...but was given forward progress nevertheless.

Well hopefully McCaffrey wins it. Think it's a joke that Mayfield wasn't invited. Wish Keenan Reynolds was at least invited, but that snub doesn't bother me.

It bothers me, he carried an entire team against many disadvantages. This is why I do not watch the Hypeman unless an ND player is invited.

The Heisman ceremony has become unbearable to watch, particularly for people who don't have a dog in the fight. I could barely stand watching it back in '09 and here we are six years later and it all still feels forced and manipulated.

One of the things that bothers me the most, outside of the endless droning on and on of highlights, panel discussions and interviews, is the fact that a lot of people always seem to agree who the best player is, but then admit that player won't win it.

I can't tell you how many writers, pundits and media personalities said "McCaffrey is the best player in college football, but Henry is going to win" or something else along those lines. I also can't stand the imbeciles who try and defend their voting habits by saying they don't watch a lot of West Coast games because of the time differences. We live in an age of DVR and constant highlight access online. If you can't vote for the best player and if you can't vote for someone because you're too lazy to go back and watch their games, give up your damn vote.

I can't stand the hypesman. It has become a joke but last year's Hypesman was a tough one that I think they got right. Mariota was the best player in college but not by much. Gordon put up video game numbers also. This year it reverted back to it's BS and they got it wrong. Henry should have been 3rd at best. McCaffrey should have won.

• 3 weeks later...