Zack Darlington status as a contributor

Redux

Darlington seems like he would be a prime candidate for research inside UNL's CB3. I've always been interested to hear more about how this part of the university is directly working with football players (if at all) during the regular season. I'm not suggesting this as a 'let's turn ZD into a guinea pig.' I'm just genuinely curious if their is any monitoring, evaluation or studying of ZD and other players who have battled concussions.

So I keep getting into the debate of what ZD's actual status is. I have been on both sides of the fence at one point. Some say he is cleared to play and others say he is still technically not cleared for any contact.

I know he was green shirt for 2014 spring game but the green shirt came off during fall camp and he had no issues with contact according to the article I read. In 2015 he was playing in spring game, no green shirt and he was listed on the depth chart.

So whered does he stand? I was still under the impression that we were honoring his scholarship and allowing him to contribute in practice, but had no real intentions of actually putting him on the field due to concerns over his concussion history.

Any real information would be appreciated.

He was in the spring game...
Yes, I stated as much in my second paragraph.

I underlined a sentence, it did not come out.. how did he play if he was not cleared. He must have been cleared to play at that point in time.
He was green shirt in the 2014 SG. During Fall practices they took it off him and he then said he had not complications from contact at that time.

I think that sentiment has changed though since now there is buzzing of memory loss and medical hardships. No official statements have been made to my knowledge though, I assume because once they dlap a label on him it' is permanent.