What's up Husker fans..

Canesfan01

Richt had top talent at Georgia too. He may win a few more games since the acc is crap but if he couldn't beat good teams at Georgia what makes Miami different?

You could argue the ACC is better suited for him to win since recruiting should do well and there isn't one coach (Saban) with a stranglehold on the league.

The ACC also isn't as good as the SEC top to bottom.

Richt had top talent at Georgia too. He may win a few more games since the acc is crap but if he couldn't beat good teams at Georgia what makes Miami different?

Well, he should have access to the same amount of talent, and the ACC is not to be confused with the SEC.

The fact that ANYONE fails at Miami, considering the talent they have in their backyard, as well as the history of outstanding pro players and championships they've developed, boggles the mind.

Richt> Riley

True enough. For right now, maybe. But back in 2011:

Golden > Richt

Remember how hot Al Golden was when you hired him four years ago? He was one of a handful of elite coaching hires that year. Everyone wanted him. But now he's a bum. What happened?

I have occasionally wondered if coaching at schools that are overflowing with talent such as Miami is bittersweet. On one hand, you have incredible athletes with amazing talent which can do anything asked of them playing the game of football. However, do those same talent rich players come with an entitled individualistic mindset that makes them harder to coach? Is it harder to get them to play as a team? Of course this is all speculation, but I do think some coaches have troubles because they fail at speaking a language that gets through to some players. People in general receive, process and learn information in different ways. I don't follow the Canes enough to know if that is what happened to Golden, but who knows?

I have occasionally wondered if coaching at schools that are overflowing with talent such as Miami is bittersweet. On one hand, you have incredible athletes with amazing talent which can do anything asked of them playing the game of football. However, do those same talent rich players come with an entitled individualistic mindset that makes them harder to coach? Is it harder to get them to play as a team? Of course this is all speculation, but I do think some coaches have troubles because they fail at speaking a language that gets through to some players. People in general receive, process and learn information in different ways. I don't follow the Canes enough to know if that is what happened to Golden, but who knows?

This^^^

Also, I found a very interesting perspective on Coach Richt's paradox of meshing faith & football. Let me know if you all think his style will mesh with south Florida.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/great-reads/the-paradox-of-uga-football-coach-mark-richt/

At the end of the day, this is pretty much what happened at Texas the last few years under Mack Brown. I see Miami pretty much getting a Mack Brown clone for HC, great recruiter mediocre coach. We all know the sun shine's on a dog's a$$ every once in a while. Will Richt be as lucky as Brown and win that one single NC?