TE Chase Allen [Iowa State - Signed LOI]

Haspula

One of the main benefits that Allen has with consulting for the Big 12 as opposed to coaching is that he has more time to spend with his family. Allen attends camps and clinics for Big 12 officials in the spring and summer and will be traveling on Saturdays to select games within the conference, but he now has time to watch his children play sports.

Allen has been able to watch his sons Chase and Alex play football at Nixa High and attend a few of his daughter Angie’s collegiate rowing competitions. She is a sophomore at KU.

As a high school senior, Chase is a three-sport athlete, starring in football, basketball and track and field. Chase has helped Nixa’s football team to a 3-2 start, lining up at tight end with his 6-foot-7, 220-pound frame. The lanky pass-catcher has only hauled three receptions and one touchdown in Nixa’s run-happy offense, but Chase has been having scholarship offers thrown at him by a number of NCAA Division I schools. Chase has received offers from Iowa State, Missouri State, South Dakota State, North Texas and Southern Illinois, and received interest from Nebraska and Iowa.

Chase is currently making the transition from tight end to wide receiver this season at Nixa, and he knows he’ll have to hit the weight room hard if he decides to play football at the next level. While Chase has been busy helping Nixa to the No. 6 ranking in Class 5 in Missouri on Friday nights, he has been on visits to Nebraska and Iowa State in the month of September.

“When I went to the Nebraska game (vs. BYU), the Hail Mary, I’ve never seen a place go from so excited to just so dead in a split second,” Chase said. “That was crazy and a fun game to go to. I’m looking at all my options right now. Whether it is football or basketball, just when I find a school that is right for me, that’s where I want to go to college.”

http://m.kusports.com/news/2015/sep/20/ex-ku-coach-terry-allen-stays-connected/

That's interesting.

I would think he would see through Jimmy's BS.

What?

I would think a former div 1 HC nor his son would be Buffaloed by the antics the Michigan coach does on the recruiting trail.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree and optimistic that he does. Hopefully the revival of the position for DONU over the last half of the season is enough to offset Harbaugh's history with the position.