Oregon Militia Occupation

I think the reaction would be different if it were Muslims. But we don't really have a situation similar to this so I can't know that. Since they're in the middle of nowhere, nobody else is in danger. At the same time, people saying that the fact they're white has nothing to do with the reaction can't know that either.

I think the reaction would be different if it were Muslims. But we don't really have a situation similar to this so I can't know that. Since they're in the middle of nowhere, nobody else is in danger. At the same time, people saying that the fact they're white has nothing to do with the reaction can't know that either.

On that note, Mr. Dynamite probably said it best!

50025248.jpg

While I'm still doing more research on my own time, what do you guys legitimately think would happen if this was a group of either Native Americans holed up in this building demanding their land back, or a group of American Muslims holed up?

So, is it your premise that law enforcement should NOT take into account historical tendencies of various groups but rather should treat each and every demographic exactly the same?

Ask yourself a few questions and then attempt to be honest with your answers.

1- What would you expect to happen if this were a group of radical Muslims as opposed to radical white men?

2- If this were a group of black people, in the exact same situation, do you really think the response thus far would be different?

3- Has a group of native Americans been involved in anything remotely like this in the last 50 years? Why did you use that group in your example?

4- What have been the historic tendencies of white militants types in similar situations? Is the general public typically in danger.

• Fire 1

And to answer Landlord's question, if it were a group of Muslims holed up, I would be expecting them to kill as many infidels as quickly as they could while being willing to give their own life in the action. That is the basic reason that group would and should illicit a different response than what we have seen thus far.

BTW, specifying "American Muslims" is pretty disingenuous. Has there ever been a case of peaceful and law abiding Muslims "holing up" or taking hostages or anything of the like? Or, once that group of Muslims gets to that stage of an action, hasn't it almost always, without fail, ended with bloodshed and death? Please provide an example of some American Muslims doing anything like this that did not devolve into death to the infidels. Just one example.

• Fire 1

And to answer Landlord's question, if it were a group of Muslims holed up, I would be expecting them to kill as many infidels as quickly as they could while being willing to give their own life in the action. That is the basic reason that group would and should illicit a different response than what we have seen thus far.

BTW, specifying "American Muslims" is pretty disingenuous. Has there ever been a case of peaceful and law abiding Muslims "holing up" or taking hostages or anything of the like? Or, once that group of Muslims gets to that stage of an action, hasn't it almost always, without fail, ended with bloodshed and death? Please provide an example of some American Muslims doing anything like this that did not devolve into death to the infidels. Just one example.

Shouldn't the fact that it hasn't happened here tell you something? And how often do a bunch of armed White men take over a federal building or hole themselves up somewhere and end up not hurting anyone? I honestly don't know of examples. In either case (Muslim or not) it's not going to be widely reported if no one is hurt.

Also, from 2001 - 2014, 50 Americans were killed by American Muslims. By my count through now that number is 64.

In 2014 there were 30 (non Muslim) mass shootings with 4+ deaths. That's 120+ deaths in 1 year vs 64 deaths in 14 years.

Wait. Is this an example of "peaceful" "American" white people "holing up"? They're occupying federal property with guns and threatening violence if opposed.

It's not a mystery what would happen if they were black, or Muslim. A small segment of the population (some of whom may be currently downplaying, or even supporting this) would lose their collective bowels in righteous fury. But you can't put that on all white people, Landlord -- and the vast majority of calm, peaceful, very American white people shouldn't have to answer or apologize for the few ;)

The moderate government (and media) response seems rather appropriate, really. Even for much more extreme events (e.g., the Boston Marathon bombings) I think a measured response should be the ideal. That goes mostly to the media, which has a tendency of falling into hysterics, because they're the media and they feed off of big deal news events. I remember when things seemed mostly in control, but the media had descended upon Beantown like it was the scene of the apocalypse. That's unhelpful.

Somewhere and probably in a large group Native Americans are laughing. Eminent domain mofos.

But, I do agreed that this is terorism. And its probably going to end up in a gun fight which will lore than likely start another pissing match

I doubt it'll end in a gun fight. This is posturing. I want to believe that these people aren't actually that stupid but the truth is often times stranger than fiction.

No way the government wants another Ruby Ridge situation. They'll go to great lengths to avoid that, which probably explains why they haven't done anything about this situation yet.

My thoughts exactly. They did wait 6 weeks at Waco though. Entirely different situation, however.

which time in Waco? Koresh and when they opened fire on the bikers???