GT: #4 Maryland at Nebraska - 7:30PM CT - BTN

I think we will start winning these games as some of the older players graduate, the younger guys get more experience and we stop shooting 32% from the floor. Hopefully as some of the older players graduate, we stop running the Terran Petteway offense and we see a nice increase in shooting %.

Agree!

Well, that will depend on Miles coming up with an offensive system that isn't dependent on one-player being the lead guy. I have seen a lot of criticism put on Shields for him being too much like Petteway this year. But, if he's being asked to run the offense by Miles, then the blame shouldn't be put on Shields. Shields won the game at Michigan State playing that way, but he's had a tougher time in the past 3 games.

NU is getting torched on the defensive end due to their lack of size. The offense hasn't really been the problem this year.

• Fire 1

I think we will start winning these games as some of the older players graduate, the younger guys get more experience and we stop shooting 32% from the floor. Hopefully as some of the older players graduate, we stop running the Terran Petteway offense and we see a nice increase in shooting %.

Agree!

Well, that will depend on Miles coming up with an offensive system that isn't dependent on one-player being the lead guy. I have seen a lot of criticism put on Shields for him being too much like Petteway this year. But, if he's being asked to run the offense by Miles, then the blame shouldn't be put on Shields. Shields won the game at Michigan State playing that way, but he's had a tougher time in the past 3 games.

NU is getting torched on the defensive end due to their lack of size. The offense hasn't really been the problem this year.

I don't think Miles knew what he was going to really have this year with all the young players. The only thing he knew was a for sure thing this year was Shavon (and Benny, who I admire for his effort but he's just not good enough). Would you not design an offense that runs through your proven Senior? It was the exact same thing with Petteway last year. This team has hinged winning/losing too much on one player the last two years. Which is why I say once the older players graduate, I'm not sure I see one guy being "the guy" like it has been.

If we had a big man I guarantee we win some of these close games, it really is killing us defensively. However, when you have an offense that can go 5+ minutes at a time with no points, that is definitely a problem. A big would do wonders for fixing that problem as well.

If we had a big man I guarantee we win some of these close games, it really is killing us defensively. However, when you have an offense that can go 5+ minutes at a time with no points, that is definitely a problem. A big would do wonders for fixing that problem as well.

Yep, if we had an offense or even some set plays to go to, we wouldn't see nearly this many long scoring droughts. It's basically an every-game occurrence.

If we had half as many big guys on the team now as Miles inherited when he got here, we'd be in decent shape.