GT: #4 Maryland at Nebraska - 7:30PM CT - BTN

That's lack of running an offense.

Tough to run any offense with a ball hog.
Tough to not be a ball hog when you're the best player and you don't have an offense to run so your team just throws you the ball and expects you to bail them out.

I disagree with him being the best offensive player. White has been all over the floor and is out playing Shields on the offense and defense. I do fault Miles for not doing something about. This was just like the Indiana game where Shields tried to take the game over and shot horrible. We are not good enough to win without a team effort.

So the guy leading our team in assists is a ball hog and the guy producing the most points (scored + assisted) is not our best offensive player.

Got it.

On the post game, Jacobsen said the plan was to get the ball in the paint and kick it out. I guess Shields did not get the memo.

Tough to not be a ball hog when you're the best player and you don't have an offense to run so your team just throws you the ball and expects you to bail them out.

I disagree with him being the best offensive player. White has been all over the floor and is out playing Shields on the offense and defense. I do fault Miles for not doing something about. This was just like the Indiana game where Shields tried to take the game over and shot horrible. We are not good enough to win without a team effort.

So the guy leading our team in assists is a ball hog and the guy producing the most points (scored + assisted) is not our best offensive player.

Got it.

White is ahead in almost every statistic but assists, TOs (Shield is the leader by far) & shot attempts.

Tough game. A few things cost us this game but it wasn't the T. You have a +12 turnover margin and still down at half. Poor shooting was killer in the first half, especially with the multiple break away opportunities. The point where we lost this game is when we were up 3 and Nikkens missed a 3 in the corner, mcveigh had the rebound but went off his hands out of bounds, melo drains a 3 to tie it, next posession Sharon gets fouled and it goes to under 8 timeout. Completely different ballgame up 3 at that point and the ball.

Hey, you at least admit it is on Miles for not correcting things.

White is ahead in almost every statistic but assists, TOs (Shield is the leader by far) & shot attempts.

White is our best scorer. He shoots a higher percentage and has a higher average. But he's a one-trick pony on offense. He averages less than one assist per game. That's hard to do when you're on the floor for 30 minutes per game. So he's either terrible at setting his teammates up or our offensive system is bad.

Shields is only 1.4 ppg behind White but averages about 3 assists per game. Over four times the assists that White has and leads the team. That's a far more complete offensive player.

I'm not sure what other statistics there are to be ahead in.

I wonder how may points White has scored off Shields assists compared to the other way around.

On the post game, Jacobsen said the plan was to get the ball in the paint and kick it out. I guess Shields did not get the memo.

Shields is a post player now? Seems like a wing to me.

I thing he means "after the game" when he uses the term "post game".

You are probably right about what he meant but that isn't what was said. " on the post game", to me that means "speaking about the post game".

Especially tough loss on a night when Maryland was there for the taking..........turnovers, sleepwalking through the first half, etc.

I appreciate how hard this team plays, but in close games our senior leadership (Shields and Bennie) just aren't enough of elite players to finish things off.