Scalia has passed away

Its still a little strange how they didn't do an autopsy on Scalia, especially if he had a pillow over his head? The judge in the Texas district maybe was wanting to respect his body for his family, but still it seems fishy.

The ranch owner clarified, he "had a pillow over his head, not over his face as some have been saying (TRUMP). The pillow was against the headboard."

Scalia's own family has quashed the derp about why they didn't preform an autopsy.

Time for the GOP to remove the tin foil from their heads and do something productive with it, like make oven-roasted vegetables.

All votes now can have a 4-4 tie between justices, I would like to see if we have a deadlock like that happen. If that happens I believe the lower court( State court?) chooses what happens in the case.

Yes, in a tie, the judgement defaults back to the lower court, but opinions are still rendered to establish judicial precedent IIRC.

And IIRC many of the cases are ones where the GOP was hoping the decision would be overturned...this doesn't bode well for them. That, and pushing a decision out for appointment to 2017 would potentially set up the Supreme Court to have eight justices next session as well, depending on how smoothly that appointment went.

That's why if I were a sane, rational-thinking GOP member (unfortunately most to all have been chased out of the party by now), I'd trade a loss now (propose Hillary be nominated for the Supreme Court and strike a deal to promise smooth sailing during confirmation) to remove her from the race, win the Presidency come November, and potentially have two or three appointments (Clarance Thomas and RBG most likely, throwing a third in there because of...reasons?) coming up in the next 3-4 years.

Frankly, filibustering Obama's appointment is going to backfire politically. Stalling until 2017, if they win, is going to make it so they lose ground on multiple social issues they hold near and dear to them until they get a Justice in place. And if they don't win (which is very likely), the GOP will have struck out looking, and have nothing to show for it.

• Fire 1