Cutting the Cord

Channel packages for Playstation Vue:

Here are the packages in full detail:

Access package $39 a month CBS, COZI TV, myTV, NBCm Telemundo, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CMT, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, Destination America, Discovery, Discovery Family, DiY, E!, Esquire, Food Network, Fox Business, Fox News, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, FX, FXX, HGTV, HLN, Investigation Discovery, MSNBC, MTV, MTV2, National Geographic, NBC Sports Network, Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, OWN, Oxygen, Science, Spike, SyFy, TBS, TLC, TNT, Travel, truTV, TVLand, USA, VH1, WeTV, plus ABC, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform (formerly ABC Family), ESPN and ESPN 2

Core package $45 a month Everything from the Access package, plus BTN, BTN Alternative, Golf, IFC, Sundance, TCM, YES, ESPNU, ESPNews and SEC Network.

Elite package $55 a month Everything from the Core package, plus AHC, BET Gospel, Boomerang, Centric, Chiller, Cloo, CMT Pure Country, CNBC World, Cooking, Discovery Life, Fox College Sports Atlantic, Central, Pacific, FXM, LOGO, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, MTVU, NatGeo Wild, Palladia, Sprout, Teen Nick, Universal, Velocity, VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul and Disney Fusion.

Sony also recently announced the Slim packages that offer the same functionality of the standard packages, but are available nation-wide:

• Access Slim: 55+ channels, including live cable TV, movies, and sports channels for $29.99 per month.
  • Core Slim: 70+ channels, including all the channels from Access Slim with the addition of national and regional sports networks for $34.99 per month.
  • Elite Slim: 100+ channels, featuring all the channels from Core Slim with the addition of more top movie and entertainment channels for $44.99 per month.

http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/gaming/playstation-vue-1292722/review

I likey. So you have to have a ps4?

Access package $39 a month CBS, COZI TV, myTV, NBCm Telemundo, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CMT, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, Destination America, Discovery, Discovery Family, DiY, E!, Esquire, Food Network, Fox Business, Fox News, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, FX, FXX, HGTV, HLN, Investigation Discovery, MSNBC, MTV, MTV2, National Geographic, NBC Sports Network, Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, OWN, Oxygen, Science, Spike, SyFy, TBS, TLC, TNT, Travel, truTV, TVLand, USA, VH1, WeTV, plus ABC, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform (formerly ABC Family), ESPN and ESPN 2

Core package $45 a month Everything from the Access package, plus BTN, BTN Alternative, Golf, IFC, Sundance, TCM, YES, ESPNU, ESPNews and SEC Network.

Elite package $55 a month Everything from the Core package, plus AHC, BET Gospel, Boomerang, Centric, Chiller, Cloo, CMT Pure Country, CNBC World, Cooking, Discovery Life, Fox College Sports Atlantic, Central, Pacific, FXM, LOGO, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, MTVU, NatGeo Wild, Palladia, Sprout, Teen Nick, Universal, Velocity, VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul and Disney Fusion.

Sony also recently announced the Slim packages that offer the same functionality of the standard packages, but are available nation-wide:

• Access Slim: 55+ channels, including live cable TV, movies, and sports channels for $29.99 per month.
  • Core Slim: 70+ channels, including all the channels from Access Slim with the addition of national and regional sports networks for $34.99 per month.
  • Elite Slim: 100+ channels, featuring all the channels from Core Slim with the addition of more top movie and entertainment channels for $44.99 per month.

To use Vue you'll need an active subscription, a stable broadband Internet connection and a compatible device. Currently they include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 game consoles, as well as Amazon Fire TV boxes and Fire TV Stick devices (if you have a Fire TV device, you don't need a PlayStation to use Vue). There's also a Vue iOS app for iPad and iPhone, which can Cast to TV devices like Chromecast -- but you can't use Vue if don't own at least one PlayStation console or Fire TV.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sonys-playstation-vue-cord-cutting-tv-service-goes-nationwide-now-starts-at-30-per-month/

To use Vue you'll need an active subscription, a stable broadband Internet connection and a compatible device. Currently they include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 game consoles, as well as Amazon Fire TV boxes and Fire TV Stick devices (if you have a Fire TV device, you don't need a PlayStation to use Vue). There's also a Vue iOS app for iPad and iPhone, which can Cast to TV devices like Chromecast -- but you can't use Vue if don't own at least one PlayStation console or Fire TV.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sonys-playstation-vue-cord-cutting-tv-service-goes-nationwide-now-starts-at-30-per-month/

Yeah, I read it after I posed the question ( realized I wouldn't get a response for a while).

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities. I can save roughly $50 a month which would include an upgrade on my internet service. (to make it faster - they recommend 15+ mbph

Just started my free 7 day trial for Playstation Vue today. I'll post my pros and cons for the Vue. On the website it says that Vue is available in my area but when I type the zip code in when starting my free trial is says that it isn't available outside my location. It already had a zip code for me somewhere in Tennessee so I just left it.

Here are my internet speed results:
Ping - 38

Download - 29.52

Upload - 3.49

Pros:

- Price

- Has the few channels I only watch

- I already own a PS4

- HD looks pretty good on ESPN, FX, TBS, AMC. B1G Network looked good but seemed to get grainy at times too

- Some channels there's something called "Catch Up" that was televised 1-4 hours before live TV that you can rewatch.

- Can create your "My shows" and "My favorite Channels"

- Can record shows

- Can watch Vue off of my phone with the app outside my house. Would I ever do this? Probably not

Cons:

- The controls seem a little sluggish but could get better over time

- No local channels

- If I want to watch TV from the Vue on other TVs in my house I'll have to buy a PS3, PS4 or an Amazon Fire TV.

- Recorded shows or sporting events only stay on the Cloud for 28 days. I like to rewatch Husker games a year from now so this is a bummer

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'll add more as time goes on

• Fire 1

One thing I'm seeing is people are upset about having to pay extra for Showtime, HBO, etc., but don't they already have to pay extra for premiums channels? :lol:

That doesn't really bother me its only $10 but if you're a Playstation Plus member its only $8. The only premium channel I'd subscribe to would be HBO Go but thats not available on the Vue.

Just started my free 7 day trial for Playstation Vue today. I'll post my pros and cons for the Vue. On the website it says that Vue is available in my area but when I type the zip code in when starting my free trial is says that it isn't available outside my location. It already had a zip code for me somewhere in Tennessee so I just left it.

Ping - 38

Download - 29.52

Upload - 3.49

Pros:

- Price

- I already own a PS4

- HD looks pretty good on ESPN, FX, TBS, AMC. B1G Network looked good but seemed to get grainy at times too

- Some channels there's something called "Catch Up" that was televised 1-4 hours before live TV that you can rewatch.

- Can record shows

- Can watch Vue off of my phone with the app outside my house. Would I ever do this? Probably not

Cons:

- No local channels

- If I want to watch TV from the Vue on other TVs in my house I'll have to buy a PS3, PS4 or an Amazon Fire TV.

- Recorded shows or sporting events only stay on the Cloud for 28 days. I like to rewatch Husker games a year from now so this is a bummer

Thanks Dewiz, please keep me updated on how the picture is HD or non. Or are all channels in HD? Also, does everything automatically record to the cloud or do you have to select individual shows to record them?

Ping - 38

Download - 29.52

Upload - 3.49

Pros:

- Price

- I already own a PS4

- Can record shows

Cons:

- No local channels

Thanks Dewiz, please keep me updated on how the picture is HD or non. Or are all channels in HD? Also, does everything automatically record to the cloud or do you have to select individual shows to record them?

I haven't gone through all the channels but the ones I have viewed (AMC, ESPN, TBS, FX, TNT, B1G Network) are all HD. I will say that the picture quality is on par with Netflix.

But I will say B1G Networks HD looks a little grainy....not a big fan of the picture. My DirecTV picture looks a lot more clearer.

Watching the UEFA Championship league soccer match on FS1 (don't ever watch soccer) and the picture looks pretty good. Its clearer than the B1G Network but I think DirecTV is a little bit more clearer and better but still the HD quality on Playstation Vue isn't bad at all. I just have pretty high standards when it comes to HD and HD TVs lol.