Major League Baseball 2016

Mavric

Cool stat lines. One thing that is also mind blowing. This guy in only his second year in the league mind you is going from only playing in 2 games at the very beginning of the season straight to playing in the World Series after being injured for basically the entire regular season and almost all of the post season. It's nuts when you think about it.

Cool stat lines. One thing that is also mind blowing. This guy in only his second year in the league mind you is going from only playing in 2 games at the very beginning of the season straight to playing in the World Series after being injured for basically the entire regular season and almost all of the post season. It's nuts when you think about it.

And I hope his bat is smoking hot.

• Fire 1

And I hope his bat is smoking hot.

He's had quite the layoff. It will be mind blowing to see him make his come back in the World Series of all games!

kyle-schwarber-61114.jpg

This is a great story.

The words don't come as easily as they did 71 years ago, but 97-year-old Jim Schlegel can still rattle off the Cubs starting lineup from the last Cubs World Series, in 1945. Schlegel was there for games six and seven. He'd been in the Army and was at Pearl Harbor in 1941. He came home to Chicago a few days before the 1945 World Series began, and he hopped a streetcar to Wrigley Field on the morning of game six, looking for tickets.

”I got there seven o clock in the morning, I went on Waveland Avenue, there was a short line already, so I just stood there in line, a policeman come by, and he says, soldier, what the hell are you doing here, and I said, I want to get in the game, he says, come here, you don't have to pay for a game, you're a soldier,” Schlegel said.

Lots of returning Servicemen got free tickets to the World Series that year. Schlegel's family is hoping he can make it to a game this time around. They're asking donors to contribute to a GoFundMe page. Their goal? Come up with ten thousand dollars, which is enough for one or two tickets. As for predictions, Schlegel doesn't see the Cubs losing the series, like they did 71 years ago.

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loser: The A’s. They not only are stuck playing in a dump, but now don’t have anyone to pay their mortgage. The A’s, who had been receiving about $34 million in revenue sharing, now won’t get a dime within three years since they reside in one of baseball’s biggest marketplaces.

The slumlord owners of the A's will now have to actually invest their own money into the team. What a concept!

From: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2016/12/01/winners-losers-baseballs-new-labor-agreement/94777082/

• Fire 1