Turn around year?

Nebraska Spring practice starts March 22, Spring Game April 15

The big spring question is ... How will all the top recruits from the last two years fit in? Obviously most of the 2006 class won't hit campus until later this summer, but the sensational 2005 group should start to show what it can do. Considering how big last year's class was, and how many JUCO players were brought in over the last two years, no team in the Big 12 should have a better upgrade of talent on the two-deep roster.

The most important position to watch is ... Running back. Did you ever think you'd see the day when Nebraska would be dead last in the Big 12 in rushing? Of course, the increased emphasis on the passing game had something to do with it, but Callahan initially sold old school Husker fans that the offense would be balanced. Considering the talent in the Nebraska backfield, there's no excuse to see fewer than 100 rushing yards per game. Marlon Lucky, after showing next to nothing as a true freshman, has to live up to the hype.

Spring attitude... This had better be the year the turnaround is complete. Beating Michigan in the Alamo Bowl was a fantastic feather in Callahan's cap after an awful 2004, and now it's time the program took the next step up and played for the Big 12 title. The North might be better than it was over the last few years, but it's not that great.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Sp...looks_Big12.htm

I talked to a guy in my squadron today who is a HUGE Texas fan and he said he is more scared of the Huskers this year then he is of Oklahoma. Mostly due to our aggressive "smash mouth" defense :thumbs And he asked "How come Nebraska is not ranked higher in the pre-season polls? I think they are gonna be one of the better teams this year."

Seeing as how the BCS is not our best friend where do you think the Big Red should be ranked in the BCS pre-season 2006?

Nebraska Spring practice starts March 22, Spring Game April 15

The big spring question is ... How will all the top recruits from the last two years fit in? Obviously most of the 2006 class won't hit campus until later this summer, but the sensational 2005 group should start to show what it can do. Considering how big last year's class was, and how many JUCO players were brought in over the last two years, no team in the Big 12 should have a better upgrade of talent on the two-deep roster.

The most important position to watch is ... Running back. Did you ever think you'd see the day when Nebraska would be dead last in the Big 12 in rushing? Of course, the increased emphasis on the passing game had something to do with it, but Callahan initially sold old school Husker fans that the offense would be balanced. Considering the talent in the Nebraska backfield, there's no excuse to see fewer than 100 rushing yards per game. Marlon Lucky, after showing next to nothing as a true freshman, has to live up to the hype.

Spring attitude... This had better be the year the turnaround is complete. Beating Michigan in the Alamo Bowl was a fantastic feather in Callahan's cap after an awful 2004, and now it's time the program took the next step up and played for the Big 12 title. The North might be better than it was over the last few years, but it's not that great.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Sp...looks_Big12.htm

I talked to a guy in my squadron today who is a HUGE Texas fan and he said he is more scared of the Huskers this year then he is of Oklahoma. Mostly due to our aggressive "smash mouth" defense :thumbs And he asked "How come Nebraska is not ranked higher in the pre-season polls? I think they are gonna be one of the better teams this year."

Seeing as how the BCS is not our best friend where do you think the Big Red should be ranked in the BCS pre-season 2006?

Welp...that's a HUGE ? mark. No one at this point KNOWS how these recruits are going to pan out.

But regardless of how it may turn out, I'll crank up the crimson tint in my glasses for this season! :thumbs

Why? Well...because. I wanna. :woo:wasted:cheers:thumbs

i just read your post and called my uncle who is a texas fan and he said agreed that he is more scared of the huskers then he is of oklahoma. :horns2

i think big red should be ranked atleast #15 this preseason? is that legit enough?

With Colorado and K-State breaking in new coaching staffs, and with KU and Mizzou starting new QB's and Defensive personnel, the Huskers should be the preseason favorites in the North. Getting to the Big XII Championship Game would be a really good accomplishment for this team. If they would happen to get there, anything is possible after that.

The less respect that NU gets from the press at this time the better. I feel that this will increase the blue collar attitude that the team needs to have. That way they continue to go out each week and fight for that respect.

I am curious what the media talking heads will say once NU goes 2-0 against the last 2 NC teams.

I know that might be a stretch but 1-1 is reachable

They better worry more about Texas Tech than us. We can't knock them out of the conference championship and Tech is ready to do that. They have a new QB just like Texas, but Leach gets his ready quick. The new kid is who most wanted to start two years ago. Injured last spring.

Texas is the goal for Tech this year. 2004 it was Nebraska, 2005 it was Oklahoma and this year it will be Texas. They have done 2 out of 3 so far. I would not be betting against Mr. Leach to accomplish this.

I agree with run silent and run deep theory. The less they know and the less they expect only benefits this team.

Who ever we meet in the CCG is in for a real game I think this year.

God I love this staff, they have finally given me hope again!!!!!!!

:yeah

I agree with sker ... Tech is going to be a tough team this year i am sure glad we dont have them on our schedual. :thumbs They only lost their quaterback and the majority of their recieving core coming back. They are going to be a force this year. It would not surprise me to see them play in the BIG XII championship against the BIG RED!!! :box