199 People, Places & Things Donald Trump has insulted on Twitter

I didn't say I view it any different if Trump says it or Obama. I said almost all candidates say very similar things.

Now, there are some things in the list that are above and beyond the normal accepted campaign crap. But, there are a lot in the list that isn't out of the ordinary.

And....are you saying that liberal media hasn't made a big deal out of the crap he has said?

I dispute that "almost all candidates say very similar things." Please post examples of these kinds of statements from the other candidates.

If you're ONLY referring to the nine examples... that's less than 5% of the list, and not a point in favor of Mr. Trump.

Once again with the "liberal media." Who/what are the "liberal media," so we can discuss whether they've made a big deal out of the crap Trump has said.

Also, explain why Trump, a presidential candidate, should be allowed to say "crap" and not have a big deal made of it.

For instance. All of the ones under Ben Carson.

Very weak on illegal immigration - That's an insult???

Has never created a job in his life (well maybe a nurse). - How is that so insulting?

Pyramids built for grain storage - don't people get it? - The rest of the tweet was stupid, but this phrase is insulting?

Many lies by Ben Carson - So....he is the first candidate to say another candidate lied about something?

Very weak on illegal immigration - I thought this was already covered above.

Incapable of understanding foreign policy - OK, maybe an insult but not really something I would crucify him about. Pretty weak insult.

VERY weak on immigration - OK...this is the third time on the list.....it must be a real whopper of an insult.

I didn't say I view it any different if Trump says it or Obama. I said almost all candidates say very similar things.

Now, there are some things in the list that are above and beyond the normal accepted campaign crap. But, there are a lot in the list that isn't out of the ordinary.

And....are you saying that liberal media hasn't made a big deal out of the crap he has said?

I dispute that "almost all candidates say very similar things." Please post examples of these kinds of statements from the other candidates.

If you're ONLY referring to the nine examples... that's less than 5% of the list, and not a point in favor of Mr. Trump.

Once again with the "liberal media." Who/what are the "liberal media," so we can discuss whether they've made a big deal out of the crap Trump has said.

Also, explain why Trump, a presidential candidate, should be allowed to say "crap" and not have a big deal made of it.

MSNBC is not a liberal media outlet? Are you saying they have never made a big deal out of crap Trump says?

Why are any of them allowed to say crap?

MSNBC is not a liberal media outlet? Are you saying they have never made a big deal out of crap Trump says?

Why are any of them allowed to say crap?

I asked you which media outlets were "the liberal media." I made no claim pro/con about MSNBC, and whether I think they make a big deal out of Trump is irrelevant to that question. I wouldn't know what MSNBC does because not only have I never watched that channel, I don't read their stuff online and I don't follow them on Twitter.

I'll make a different thread, because this interests me.

You're going to cherry-pick quotes to defend the premise that Trump doesn't insult people?

I've never said he doesn't insult people. I'm laughing at the list though. Someone put one hell of a lot of work into making a list full of stuff that doesn't fit on the list.

So, any negative list that comes out about Trump I'm supposed to do this? Similar to every time someone reminds me we lost to Purdue last year?

:ahhhhhhhh

Or, should I look at stuff like this with a critical eye no matter who it is about?

Here are the things Trump has said about Hillary Clinton, according to that list. Which one(s) should be removed?

“a major national security risk”

“not presidential material”

“such bad judgement”

“lied last week”

“doesn't have the strength or stamina to be president”

“totally flawed candidate”

“stupidity”

“pathetic”

“LIED at the debate last night”

“SAD!”

“We need a #POTUS with great strength & stamina. Hillary does not have that.”

“lied”

“disloyal person”

“weak and ineffective”

“no strength, no stamina”

“does not have the STRENGTH or STAMINA to be President”

“won't call out radical Islam”

“will be soundly defeated”

“afraid of Obama & the emails”

“SHE HAS NO STRENGTH OR STAMINA”

“corruption is what she's best at”

“weak”

“totally incompetent as a manager and leader”

“no strength or stamina”

“she looked lost”

“her record is so bad”

“the trade deal is a disaster, she was always for it!”

OK...maybe we are defining "insult" differently. I am defining it as something personal that is rude and hurtful to say.

So.....

Here are the things Trump has said about Hillary Clinton, according to that list. Which one(s) should be removed?

“a major national security risk” Not an insult
“not presidential material” When one candidate is talking about another candidate, not sure how this is an insult.
“such bad judgement” Not really...Candidates say that about other candidate's voting record in congress all the time.
“lied last week” Again, how is saying someone lied an insult? Did she insult Bush when she said he lied about Iraq?
“doesn't have the strength or stamina to be president” Sounds like a candidate statement.
“totally flawed candidate” Again...Not sure if I've ever seen a Presidential campaign where one candidate isn't saying the other one is flawed.
“stupidity” I guess if he is saying she is stupid, then it's an insult
“pathetic” Ditto
“LIED at the debate last night” Note my comment above about saying someone lied.
“SAD!” ​I don't know....maybe she is sad being married to Bill. This could probably be an insult.
“We need a #POTUS with great strength & stamina. Hillary does not have that.” Not sure how this is an insult any worse than what other candidates say.
“lied” See lied comment above.
“disloyal person” Insult????
“weak and ineffective” No other candidate in this campaign has said another candidate is weak and ineffective?
“no strength, no stamina” See above
“does not have the STRENGTH or STAMINA to be President” See above Wait....are you claiming this is a sexist? If so, I've heard men say that about men. Not sure what is being meant by this as an insult.
“won't call out radical Islam” Please explain how this is a personal insult?
“will be soundly defeated” Ummmmmmm........really?
“afraid of Obama & the emails” Seriously????
“SHE HAS NO STRENGTH OR STAMINA” again.......wha???
“corruption is what she's best at” Dems said way worse about Bush. I guess they were insulting him.
“weak” Meh...
“totally incompetent as a manager and leader” Pretty much sounds like a candidate.
“no strength or stamina” Again???
“she looked lost” I guess???
“her record is so bad” Ummmmm......I'm failing to see how this is a personal insult any different than any other candidate.
“the trade deal is a disaster, she was always for it!”Seriously????

Maybe I am totally missing what an "insult" that I'm supposed to be outraged about is.

This is actually kind of amazing. Think of the outrage if Obama had said even one of these things.

Click on each quote to go to the exact tweet.http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

And remember, this is the front-runner and probable nominee of the party Christians most identify with. A party that invokes Jesus/God/the Bible as part of their identity. The dichotomy here is amazing.

Wouldn't be the first time in history that Christians have partook, and/or channeled their anger, and outrage towards the less fortunate minorities that don't go about this world the way they see fit. I mean, by and large they are the most hypocritical of people.

I am very disappointed in the 'evangelical' vote. I guess I would fit into that camp theologically. Some people are too easily swayed by the pride of 'nationalism' (Trump's message - because it isn't conservatism) and fail to realize or forget that as Christians, they belong to a higher kingdom. Yes, citizens of this world with all of the duties and responsibilities of being a citizen but yet ultimately accountable to a higher kingdom. In this case, Trump does not reflect the humble Christ of the Bible who came to serve and save mankind. Trump is an arrogant, self-centered, NASTY (a word he uses on others) dangerous person who is not worthy of a Christian's vote.

However, one can argue the opposite of your last statement with the countless who live their faith daily helping others without fanfare or recognition. People channel their anger. That isn't a Christian thing or a non-Christian thing. Your last statement could be easily turned around on non-Christians (perhaps that is where you are at) who know the right thing to do and don't do it. Beware of throwing the 1st stone of blanket accusation.

It wasn't a blanket statement, that's why I used the phrase "by and large" . The difference between channeling anger between Non-Christians, and Christians is that most Non-Christians don't adhere to, or promote the principles found in the bible like Christians do. A lot of Christians often want to hold people to standard that some of them aren't able to meet themselves.... I fully recognize there a good people from all walks. And I don't have anything against Christianity, as I added to my original post, I identify myself as a Christian. But there is no denying the abundance of hypocrisy throughout Christianity, both historically, and today.

thanks for the clarification

So, does saying someone "will be soundly defeated" falls under that?

Like I have said, I have no problem with someone saying Trump says things that are "scornfully, rudely or disrespectfully about someone." Good Lord....that's obvious. My problem is with the list.

And...yes...there are things on the original list that I guess I would classify as an insult. But, there are a lot that aren't.