199 People, Places & Things Donald Trump has insulted on Twitter

This is actually kind of amazing. Think of the outrage if Obama had said even one of these things.

Click on each quote to go to the exact tweet.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

And remember, this is the front-runner and probable nominee of the party Christians most identify with. A party that invokes Jesus/God/the Bible as part of their identity. The dichotomy here is amazing.

• Fire 4

This is actually kind of amazing. Think of the outrage if Obama had said even one of these things.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

And remember, this is the front-runner and probable nominee of the party Christians most identify with. A party that invokes Jesus/God/the Bible as part of their identity. The dichotomy here is amazing.

Wouldn't be the first time in history that Christians have partook, and/or channeled their anger, and outrage towards the less fortunate minorities that don't go about this world the way they see fit. I mean, by and large they are the most hypocritical of people.

And I identify myself as a Christian, or a 'believer'. I'm just often bothered by the institution that is Christianity, and by a lot of their agendas, and all of their hypocrisy.

I agree with you that Trump is a joke and as a Conservative I'm embarrassed he's leading the GOP nomination right now. I posted on here before that he's the right's version of Obama in that both guys are extremely divisive. Obama goes about it in a more nuance way, while Trump is completely in your face. Trump is really the response to 7 years of incompetence and anger at Obama, but he is not the answer. We shouldn't elect one divisive incompetent President to replace another.

Most Christians I know will NEVER vote for Trump even if it means losing to Hillary. There certainly are some evangelicals who are going for Trump, so not going to deny that, but I really think Trump is bringing in a lot of Independents and moderate Dems into the primary process that are disillusioned with politics and find him entertaining and a breath of fresh air.

Wouldn't be the first time in history that Christians have partook, and/or channeled their anger, and outrage towards the less fortunate minorities that don't go about this world the way they see fit. I mean, by and large they are the most hypocritical of people.

I am very disappointed in the 'evangelical' vote. I guess I would fit into that camp theologically. Some people are too easily swayed by the pride of 'nationalism' (Trump's message - because it isn't conservatism) and fail to realize or forget that as Christians, they belong to a higher kingdom. Yes, citizens of this world with all of the duties and responsibilities of being a citizen but yet ultimately accountable to a higher kingdom. In this case, Trump does not reflect the humble Christ of the Bible who came to serve and save mankind. Trump is an arrogant, self-centered, NASTY (a word he uses on others) dangerous person who is not worthy of a Christian's vote.

However, one can argue the opposite of your last statement with the countless who live their faith daily helping others without fanfare or recognition. People channel their anger. That isn't a Christian thing or a non-Christian thing. Your last statement could be easily turned around on non-Christians (perhaps that is where you are at) who know the right thing to do and don't do it. Beware of throwing the 1st stone of blanket accusation.

• Fire 3

I am very disappointed in the 'evangelical' vote. I guess I would fit into that camp theologically. Some people are too easily swayed by the pride of 'nationalism' (Trump's message - because it isn't conservatism) and fail to realize or forget that as Christians, they belong to a higher kingdom. Yes, citizens of this world with all of the duties and responsibilities of being a citizen but yet ultimately accountable to a higher kingdom. In this case, Trump does not reflect the humble Christ of the Bible who came to serve and save mankind. Trump is an arrogant, self-centered, NASTY (a word he uses on others) dangerous person who is not worthy of a Christian's vote.

However, one can argue the opposite of your last statement with the countless who live their faith daily helping others without fanfare or recognition. People channel their anger. That isn't a Christian thing or a non-Christian thing. Your last statement could be easily turned around on non-Christians (perhaps that is where you are at) who know the right thing to do and don't do it. Beware of throwing the 1st stone of blanket accusation.

Great post TG...

Knapp - Christians may identify wt the party because of the abortion issue - not because of Trump. However, to say that most Christians support Trump or making them guilty by association (Trump being in the sane party) is going too far. My previous post notes my disappointment wt those who place national pride (Trump's message) above Christian thought and faith. They are deceived. Trump has hijacked the party - I think the party leaders and most of the people in the party (including most Christians) are appalled that he has taken control like this. (remember he doesn't win most of the votes just enough to win the primaries in a large pool of candidates).

In the same way 45% of the people in a GE will vote for the worse possible candidate the Dem party will put forward. There are that may who won't vote Repub (except during Reagan's time). In the same way, there are just enough discontents out there who will vote for Trump in the primaries and because there are too many candidates, he could win the nomination. A very bad thing indeed.

Click on each quote to go to the exact tweet.http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=1

It wasn't a blanket statement, that's why I used the phrase "by and large" . The difference between channeling anger between Non-Christians, and Christians is that most Non-Christians don't adhere to, or promote the principles found in the bible like Christians do. A lot of Christians often want to hold people to standard that some of them aren't able to meet themselves.... I fully recognize there a good people from all walks. And I don't have anything against Christianity, as I added to my original post, I identify myself as a Christian. But there is no denying the abundance of hypocrisy throughout Christianity, both historically, and today.

• Fire 1

What % of the US population will leave America if (it is a long shot) Trump wins?

I don't think its a long shot at all. The longer the republicans have multiple candidates the quicker he will lock up the nomination. Hell I think he will win anyways because this is new and fresh, the idea of getting a politician out of Washington. Trump vs Hilary would be interesting but I think trump would expose the hell out of her and she's facing an uphill battle with men anyways who refuse to vote for a woman.