Defining the "Liberal Media" and the "Mainstream Media"

most of the mainstream outlets Americans get their news from tend to be biased toward Democrats

Most mainstream media outlets are biased towards laziness and sensationalism, which the Republican party has given a greater, higher amount of fodder for over the last decade plus.

Spoken like a true sympathizer to the left. Both parties have plenty of material to give to the media, yet it's often covered to suit their own agenda. Not Trump deserves a lot of his own criticism, and perhaps its because he's said so many crazy things in the past that the media now blows the littlest things out of proportion.

A completely clear example of MSM bias was how they handled Patricia Smith's speech at the RNC (the mother of a child that was killed serving this country) compared to the Khans (whose son was also killed). Now, WELL BEFORE Trump made his comments and the Khan story took on a different angle, the MSM was all over the Khans speech and pushing their own agenda that Trump is bigoted and mean to Muslims. Meanwhile, I barely saw ANY coverage on MSM outlets about Smith's speech at the RNC. This is just one of many examples of double standards by the press and how they will highlight a story that is positive for the Dems or negative toward the GOP, or they will minimize a story that is positive for the GOP and negative for the Dems.

This cuts both ways. Fox News didn't even AIR the Khan's speech... They were busy conducting interviews and showing Benghazi commercials. But they cut afterwards to a live feed of Katy Perry.

Everyone crafts their own narrative, I suppose.

C'mon Dude...I watched both conventions, and outside of the primetime speakers from 9-10 CST, Fox did not show MOST of the speakers at the DNC and RNC, while CNN took an approach of showing every speaker. It's wrong to claim Fox was biased if they didn't show the Khan speech. Now if they showed every other speaker but Khan I would agree with your point. Also, Fox covered the Khan story and Trump fallout heavily the entire weekend following the DNC.

What am I a convert to or from?

Well on here you've claimed many times how you used to be a Republican/Conservative and now have disavowed anything to do with that position. Is that not true anymore?

I've said many times I'm still conservative.

What exactly did I convert from and to?

Well this is the first I've heard you state that you are still a Conservative. I've seen many posts where you have claimed the GOP is too Conservative. What policies within the GOP do you support exactly?

The GOP and conservatism aren't the same thing.

I didn't say it was, which you can also say that liberalism/progressivism and the Democratic party are not 100% aligned, but in general when you see party IDs, those who are more conservative are Republicans, and those more liberal are Dems.

What am I a convert to or from?

Well on here you've claimed many times how you used to be a Republican/Conservative and now have disavowed anything to do with that position. Is that not true anymore?

I've said many times I'm still conservative.

What exactly did I convert from and to?

Well this is the first I've heard you state that you are still a Conservative. I've seen many posts where you have claimed the GOP is too Conservative. What policies within the GOP do you support exactly?

What are you claiming I think the republicans are too conservative on?

I have complained that the Republican Party has been taken over by a bunch of whack jobs who think it's more important to try to prove Obama isn't American and that he is really a Muslim with the goal of destroying America by converting us to sharia law instead of actually working for the people and ensuring the government actually functions as small and as efficient as possible.

I'm pissed that they think it's OK to promote years ago the exact same health care ideas that Obama finally put in place. BUT...when he did it, it's the act of a horrible human being.

Instead they should be embarrassed that they never came up with a solution of their own.

Right now, their only tactic of "leadership " is to demonize everyone else in very racist and bigoted ways.

What am I for?

I'm for small efficient government that stays as much as possible out of our lives.

I'm for freedom of religion and that includes more than just Christians.

I'm for a strong military that is used very sparingly and only when we have a true threat.

I'm for capitalism that promotes jobs responsibly and with as little regulation as possible but understand some regulation is needed.

I'm for personal responsibility and that life isn't always fair. Life sucks some times and even though society should provide a minimal safety net, it's not governments responsibility to ensure everyone is living a life of luxury.

I believe in low taxes and that there should be a limit that the government can take legally.

Sorry if I'm not conservative enough.

• Fire 9

What am I for?

I'm for small efficient government that stays as much as possible out of our lives.

I'm for a strong military that is used very sparingly and only when we have a true threat.

I'm for capitalism that promotes jobs responsibly and with as little regulation as possible but understand some regulation is needed.

I'm for personal responsibility and that life isn't always fair. Life sucks some times and even though society should provide a minimal safety net, it's not governments responsibility to ensure everyone is living a life of luxury.

I believe in low taxes and that there should be a limit that the government can take legally.

What am I for?

So I assume neither of you voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 since he stands for hardly any of those things. Is that true?

No I didn't. But not sure what that has to do with the price of beans in China.

I am still interested in what you think I converted from and to.

Well not counting Trump, which of the other GOP candidates were you supporting? The reason Im asking is that you seemed to bash most of them during thr primaries despite the fact that many of them are closer to your points above than anyone else.

The only GOP candidate that I know of that pretty successfully stands for the points JJ laid out is Rand Paul. Others are close on some/most, but almost everyone that's a part of the Republican political machine disqualifies on the "religions freedom for all and not just Christians" bit.

• Fire 1

The only GOP candidate that I know of that pretty successfully stands for the points JJ laid out is Rand Paul. Others are close on some/most, but almost everyone that's a part of the Republican political machine disqualifies on the "religions freedom for all and not just Christians" bit.

What...outside of Trump who has spoken out against Islam, please tell me where Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina, Bush, Christie, and others did not support those of other faiths?

No I didn't. But not sure what that has to do with the price of beans in China.

I am still interested in what you think I converted from and to.

Well not counting Trump, which of the other GOP candidates were you supporting? The reason Im asking is that you seemed to bash most of them during thr primaries despite the fact that many of them are closer to your points above than anyone else.

I'm not sure I remember bashing any other candidates. Maybe I did and don't remember it. I remember my biggest issue in the debates was that the blow hard idiot in the middle of the room was all you heard and nobody else was given a chance to actually debate issues. We had to sit and listen to one guy say..."I'm great...I'm wonderful...everybody loves me....bla bla bla...."

I would have loved to have heard more from Kasich, Carson, Fiorina...etc. I believe if Mr. Blowhard wasn't there, these people could have had good discussions about issues. Even though I don't remember "bashing" them, I'm not a real big fan of Cruz and something about Rubio leaves me wanting something else.

PS....I wasn't "Supporting" anyone because I wanted to hear what they had to say and make a decision.