Conference Realignment Again

Huh...so the big idea of this piece is adding Football-style relegation to Collegiate American Football? I like the idea, but there's no chance in hell of it happening.

Nope. The SEC and Big Ten will be waiting with crowbars to bash in the NCAA's knees if they even begin to entertain that notion.

You presume that the SEC and B1G wouldn't be busy trying to Tonya Harding each other to death with said crowbars.

Huh...so the big idea of this piece is adding Football-style relegation to Collegiate American Football? I like the idea, but there's no chance in hell of it happening.

Nope. The SEC and Big Ten will be waiting with crowbars to bash in the NCAA's knees if they even begin to entertain that notion.

You presume that the SEC and B1G wouldn't be busy trying to Tonya Harding each other to death with said crowbars.

They know how to multi-task

They know how to multi-task

Two crowbars--one per hand? Sounds a little unwieldy...

I like the idea of OU being in our division. Is this even a possibility or are they just blowing smoke?

There has been smoke to the OU move fot about a year now, I would be shocked if there wasn't any discussion currently taking place.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/78792-ou-to-b1g-media-friend-says-there-are-talks/

Not sure why on earth OU would want to leave the B12--with all their natural, regional, traditional foes nearby--and form the far SW wing of the B1G, but stranger things have happened, I guess, like NU going into the B1G--who's idea was that? I think most of this reallignment stuff is alot of phooey, like I already don't care about most the teams we play in the B1G, like Purdue, ILL, Indiana--I couldn't name one player on any of those teams and the games come and go and I'm like "so what?". We could play Purdue or ILL a million times and I would still be "whatever".

Then they add Rutgers and MD and again, we beat Rutgers and it's like, "so what?, why'd we even play that team"? We only play the good, meaningful teams outside our division like once every 3-4 years, the conference is TOO BIG! The only game in our division that I care a little bit about is Wiscy, just because I hate Wiscy, and to a lesser degree jNU or IA, but I could really care less if we played IA or not. I dunno, going to take a long time to build up an identity within the B1G, I'll prlly be dead before then.

OU wants to improve their academics. Fastest way to do that is associate with better academic universities and increase revenue, both achievable by joining the Big Ten. Also, I think they see the possible doom of the Big 12, getting out while they can would be ideal.

$30M per year less TV money for OU compared to Purdue in 2018...that might be a good reason.

BIG boss Delany said high academics would be required of potential new adds. That pretty much means AAU unless you are Notre Dame. OU isn't AAU.

I'd like OU/KU added but I don't think it will happen unless Texass is in also.

The Longhorn Network is a B1G stumbling block for this scenario. Texas University would never give that up, even though it has lost its shine for them. Delany isn't going to let Texas be Texas in THIS conference after they already blew up two others.

The best way to realign, if that's really the push, would be to organize 8 "super conferences" of 16 teams each based mainly on geography. That's 96 teams, and each conference would have an 8 team division. You'd have no cross conference play. Each conference would produce a single winner which would go to an 8-team playoff (random seeding). The rest of the teams would go to bowls against cross conference opponents.

That'd be the simplest, cleanest way to break things up, but I highly doubt it would go that way any time soon.

I also don't like the idea of reducing athletic scholarship opportunities for kids at schools 97-116 or whatever it is now.

• Fire 1

$30M per year less TV money for OU compared to Purdue in 2018...that might be a good reason.BIG boss Delany said high academics would be required of potential new adds. That pretty much means AAU unless you are Notre Dame. OU isn't AAU.I'd like OU/KU added but I don't think it will happen unless Texass is in also.

Oklahoma came out and said they want to juislce up academics. What that consists of I'm not sure.

I think the whole AAU thing went out the window when we lost our status. If Delaney can add the OU TV market, he is going to do it.

The Longhorn Network is a B1G stumbling block for this scenario. Texas University would never give that up, even though it has lost its shine for them. Delany isn't going to let Texas be Texas in THIS conference after they already blew up two others.

agree, Texas will never fit in........without some huge money concession.

Our Oklahoma Cornhusker Club would love to see OU in our conf. Being able to go to the games nearby would be great - we all 'hate' OU having to listen to their arrogant fans here in the state. We miss going to close games in Norman, Stillwater and Kansas - all a relatively short drive from Tulsa.

The best way to realign, if that's really the push, would be to organize 8 "super conferences" of 16 teams each based mainly on geography. That's 96 teams, and each conference would have an 8 team division. You'd have no cross conference play. Each conference would produce a single winner which would go to an 8-team playoff (random seeding). The rest of the teams would go to bowls against cross conference opponents.

That'd be the simplest, cleanest way to break things up, but I highly doubt it would go that way any time soon.

I also don't like the idea of reducing athletic scholarship opportunities for kids at schools 97-116 or whatever it is now.

Wait, you are disagreeing about something? Never seen that before.

• Fire 1