Conference Realignment Again

We only play the good, meaningful teams (OK and UT) outside our division like once every 3-4 years, the conference is TOO BIG! The only game in our division that I care a little bit about is Wiscy, Colorado, just because I hate Wiscy, Colorado, and to a lesser degree jNU Mizzou or IA, KSU, but I could really care less if we played IA KSU or not.

Fixed it for you circa 1996-2010.

So I'm all "Whatever" and like "why again do you want to go back to that"

The best way to realign, if that's really the push, would be to organize 8 "super conferences" of 16 teams each based mainly on geography. That's 96 teams, and each conference would have an 8 team division. You'd have no cross conference play. Each conference would produce a single winner which would go to an 8-team playoff (random seeding). The rest of the teams would go to bowls against cross conference opponents.

That'd be the simplest, cleanest way to break things up, but I highly doubt it would go that way any time soon.

I also don't like the idea of reducing athletic scholarship opportunities for kids at schools 97-116 or whatever it is now.

Wait, you are disagreeing about something? Never seen that before.

Dittos to everything I have ever said about anything here! Mattyice has nothing constructive to say. Repeat that everywhere as well. LOL

• Fire 1

Even though it isn't going to happen, here's what pod-type divisions might look like:

Plains (with protected yearly crossover)

Nebraska (Wisc)

Iowa (Minn)

Kansas

Oklahoma

Northwest

Minnesota (Iowa)

Wisconsin (Nebraska)

Illinois

Northwestern

Atlantic

Penn St (MSU)

Maryland

Rutgers

Ohio State (Michigan)

Lakes

Michigan (OSU)

Michigan State (PSU)

Purdue

Indiana

The best way to realign, if that's really the push, would be to organize 8 "super conferences" of 16 teams each based mainly on geography. That's 96 teams, and each conference would have an 8 team division. You'd have no cross conference play. Each conference would produce a single winner which would go to an 8-team playoff (random seeding). The rest of the teams would go to bowls against cross conference opponents.

That'd be the simplest, cleanest way to break things up, but I highly doubt it would go that way any time soon.

I also don't like the idea of reducing athletic scholarship opportunities for kids at schools 97-116 or whatever it is now.

There is no chance that it will expand to 96 schools. Ever.

umm,

8 X 16 = 96 :blink:

110px-Chinesische.Zahl.Eins.jpgChinesische.Zahl.Acht.jpg115px-Chinesische.Zahl.Drei.jpg

514PC72vvSL._SY450_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Fire 4

umm,

8 X 16 = 96 :blink:

110px-Chinesische.Zahl.Eins.jpgChinesische.Zahl.Acht.jpg115px-Chinesische.Zahl.Drei.jpg

Glad someone else caught that. I guess we can all agree that going against the grain is cm's strong suit. Math, not so much.

Wait, you are disagreeing about something? Never seen that before.

Dittos to everything I have ever said about anything here! Mattyice has nothing constructive to say. Repeat that everywhere as well. LOL

Husker84Law! Don't be so rude. We're just here to talk about the huskers and how much we love them! This isn't huskerhaterboard

• Fire 1