Is NU draft bust U?

So SB Nation found three obscure draft related stats that NU is mediocre at? And they label us Draft Bust U because of it? This is the most contrived bunch of baloney I've ever seen. Typical SB Nation. :facepalm:

SBNation is awesome, but the author is Ryan Nanni. He's a UF grad who got the job because he's friends of the editor, not because of his CFB knowledge.

i wonder if many of the offensive busts were because of never having a pro-style offense here at DONU to prep them for the NFL style of play?

Unsure if you're being facetious, but a lack of offensive talent heading to the league was a problem even under Callahan and his pro-style offense. If my numbers are correct, we sent a total of four offensive players to the NFL from 2005-2009 and they were all linemen. It wasn't until the 2011 draft when we broke the trend and sent two skill players - Helu and Paul.

So SB Nation found three obscure draft related stats that NU is mediocre at? And they label us Draft Bust U because of it? This is the most contrived bunch of baloney I've ever seen. Typical SB Nation. :facepalm:

I too disagree with some of the methodology here, because you could minutely adjust some of the variables and possibly get very different results. One of my biggest problems with it is his first factor - they must have played in the NFL at least four years.

The average NFL career is 3.3 years and he's putting the cut off beyond that point, which means he's ignoring a large population that never meets his arbitrary date of four years. Perhaps it wouldn't affect the results greatly, but I have a feeling it might.

I too disagree with some of the methodology here, because you could minutely adjust some of the variables and possibly get very different results. One of my biggest problems with it is his first factor - they must have played in the NFL at least four years.

The average NFL career is 3.3 years and he's putting the cut off beyond that point, which means he's ignoring a large population that never meets his arbitrary date of four years. Perhaps it wouldn't affect the results greatly, but I have a feeling it might.

Also, a journalist is doing quick work that a statistician would take more time to research. We all could change the oil in a car, but that doesn't mean we're mechanics.

I was thinking probably just by shear number's NU probably wouldn't have the most, no.

Percentage? Maybe.

Cuz NU doesn't send many to the NFL to begin with.

No.

https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/725793458590519299

But NU doesn't send that many guys to the NFL....

I don't think the narrative from this article was ever that Nebraska doesn't send guys to the NFL - it's just that the guys Nebraska does send don't meet the obscure standards set forth by the writer.

I was thinking probably just by shear number's NU probably wouldn't have the most, no.

Percentage? Maybe.

Cuz NU doesn't send many to the NFL to begin with.

No.

https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/725793458590519299

But NU doesn't send that many guys to the NFL....

I don't think the narrative from this article was ever that Nebraska doesn't send guys to the NFL - it's just that the guys Nebraska does send don't meet the obscure standards set forth by the writer.

Both those twitter posts were in response to Coach's assertion that NU doesn't send that many guys to the NFL.