Riley's Take on Our Offense Going Forward

In-n-Out has big menu, albeit a poorly kept secret one.

Damn Oregan people. Trying to connect with Californians and failing miserably. Hopefully this doesn't hurt recruiting.

We hate Californians. We're always trying to get rid of them.

Loved my recent visit to Bend, Crater Lake and Ashland.

But they shot me when I tried to pump my own gasoline.

I won't be back, Oregon psychos!

I wish cm got a job as Bo's waterboy in Youngstown. heh

Water sucks. Gatorade is better.

Water is the best (and it's natural too) thing you can drink. And as a diabetic I won't touch Gatorade, far to much sugar in it.

• Fire 1

Water is the best (and it's natural too) thing you can drink. And as a diabetic I won't touch Gatorade, far to much sugar in it.

I believe he was referencing the seminal and universally lauded masterpiece "The Waterboy" starring American Treasure Adam Sandler.

• Fire 1

I never tire of the Armstrong/pro-style offense discussion, because it's fascinating on multiple levels, and mainly this one: The essence of coaching is devising the best methods to utilize talent. After largely coming up short on that count last season, mainly as it applies to Armstrong, Riley and Langsdorf seem increasingly and genuinely intent on altering their system to try to maximize Tommy's talents. Of course, it's easier said than done, because in many cases, it takes Riley and Langsdorf out of their comfort zones.

But Armstrong, in many respects, also must leave his comfort zone. We're essentially talking about two separate entities that must adapt for the greater good. You see that often in life, including in marriages. Last I heard, about half of marriages end in divorce. The good news is, the Armstrong-Riley/Langsdorf union is still alive and well despite Nebraska's 27 giveaways last season, which tied for 116th nationally and largely explains the Huskers' 6-7 finish.
Turnovers obviously weren't the only issue. But they clearly held back an offense that often was pretty salty — 34th nationally in average yards per game. Nebraska still has enough talent at the skill positions to be a top-25 offense. Yes, I think the revamped line will be fine. But will Armstrong commit to improving his mental game and mechanics? And will Riley and Langsdorf follow through on what sound like promising alterations to take advantage of their leather-tough and athletic quarterback?
During the spring, you saw the coaches turn Armstrong loose more often as a runner, including more designed runs. He continued to run the zone-read option. But in the Red-White Spring Game, we saw effective use of quarterback-draw plays and even a traditional sprint-out option play.
"There's some more stuff we're doing with him," Langsdorf said. "At the same time, you have to be careful about how many hits the guy is taking. I think that's always a danger with a guy who runs around. You look at (NFL quarterback Robert Griffin III) and the beating he took and injuries he's had. You have to be smart. But Tommy is definitely a threat, and we need to use that part of his game. I think it's important."

LJS

I believe he was referencing the seminal and universally lauded masterpiece "The Waterboy" starring American Treasure Adam Sandler.

Leslie%20Nielsen%20Bingo.gif

Leslie%20Nielsen%20Bingo.gif

[url=http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/horse-poops-on-ladys-head.gifts]

http://giphy.com/gifs/post-feelings-half-E3ZDzQYphnnXy