Most Popular CFB Team by County

• 2 weeks later...

I understand how there can be some weird results in the Dakotas or Montanas or Delawares or Maines of the world that have no FBS teams. But how is about half of Arizona ruled by either the Washington Huskies or Texas Longhorns? There are 2 BCS conference teams in the state.

UCLA is favorite in northern maine and Lousiana tech in wyoming.

Yea their sample size was too small.

This whole thing seemed lazy to me, a great idea, just lazy execution

Well who else in northern Maine would be the most popular? No FBS team let alone power conference team is anywhere nearby.

Although granted UCLA and northern Maine are as far away as any 2 locations in the continental U.S. are.

I understand how there can be some weird results in the Dakotas or Montanas or Delawares or Maines of the world that have no FBS teams. But how is about half of Arizona ruled by either the Washington Huskies or Texas Longhorns? There are 2 BCS conference teams in the state.

even with arizona and arizona st, i wouldnt be surprised to see that the majority of fans root for northern teams. so many snowbirds down there.

UCLA is favorite in northern maine and Lousiana tech in wyoming.

Yea their sample size was too small.

This whole thing seemed lazy to me, a great idea, just lazy execution

Well who else in northern Maine would be the most popular? No FBS team let alone power conference team is anywhere nearby.

Although granted UCLA and northern Maine are as far away as any 2 locations in the continental U.S. are.

I'd expect Maine people to be Penn State fans.