OWH: Outgoing UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman leaves with unmet goal: Huskers’ return to top

You said TO's hand was a constant like Perlman's, but clearly that's not true. I'm not sure why that realization would prompt a personal insult.

We will agree to disagree. We see it differently. But the reasons to insult you go beyond this.
The difficult thing is understanding how you can see TO as being as responsible as Perlman. TO's picks went a combined 125-46 (73-22) and finished ranked (or were ranked at time of firing) during 11 of 13 seasons - with several division wins, a conference champ win and a NC appearance.

Those records amount to some of the best by first time coaches EVER.

It was Perlman that decided to fire those coaches and replace them with Callahan and Riley.

My one solice is that I actually like Riley as a person. Just wish people would quit tearing down TO, Frank, Bo and their players as a method of defending Riley.

Also wish Perlman would quit bringing the topic up in an effort to justify his idiotic moves.

TO was a poor judge of character then...They might have been decent football coaches but they had other issues that led to their dismissal. Why you can't get that through your damn head is beyond me. But whatever.
TO has always been poor judge of character. It goes beyond 2 football coaches.

Yeah, I don't get this either.

Please elaborate. Are you referring to players?

Mainly.

I guess I don't know that much about TO's professional and personal life. Other than coaches and players, where else has TO shown to often be a poor judge of character?

Guy, those posts, from the same two sets of days (well after day 1), don't say what you claim they say. Other than the frost one I already mentioned.

Is that all you got?

I have in my hands a sealed envelope predicting exactly what you'd say when confronted with yourself.

If you had a flicker of introspection or humor, you might be entertaining.

But it's really a lose/lose for everybody.

Say, speaking of past results predicting future performance, when do you expect to get kicked off yet another Nebraska fan site?

dlOapPF.jpg

• Fire 1

Guy, those posts, from the same two sets of days (well after day 1), don't say what you claim they say. Other than the frost one I already mentioned.

Is that all you got?

I have in my hands a sealed envelope predicting exactly what you'd say when confronted with yourself.

Say, speaking of past results predicting future performance, when do you expect to get kicked off yet another Nebraska fan site?

Did cm steal your girlfriend or something?

• Fire 1

Actually, prior to their firings, a majority of Nebraska fans didn't support firing Bo or Frank.

Please prove facts of this

Go back and look at the coverage immediately before the firings. It's all there.

No. I want to see your proof that the MAJORITY of Nebraska fans didn't approve of both firings.

Is that all you got?

Are you his girlfriend? Serious question.

• Fire 7

Is that all you got?

I'm the evil twin

• Fire 1

Is that all you got?

I'm the evil twin

That explains the +1's

Is that all you got?

I'm the evil twin

That explains the +1's
He's the illegitimate spawn from me and Betty White. She must be giving him the +1's, not me.

You said TO's hand was a constant like Perlman's, but clearly that's not true. I'm not sure why that realization would prompt a personal insult.

We will agree to disagree. We see it differently. But the reasons to insult you go beyond this.
The difficult thing is understanding how you can see TO as being as responsible as Perlman. TO's picks went a combined 125-46 (73-22) and finished ranked (or were ranked at time of firing) during 11 of 13 seasons - with several division wins, a conference champ win and a NC appearance.

It was Perlman that decided to fire those coaches and replace them with Callahan and Riley.

My one solice is that I actually like Riley as a person. Just wish people would quit tearing down TO, Frank, Bo and their players as a method of defending Riley.

Also wish Perlman would quit bringing the topic up in an effort to justify his idiotic moves.

TO was a poor judge of character then...They might have been decent football coaches but they had other issues that led to their dismissal. Why you can't get that through your damn head is beyond me. But whatever.

1) Because those rumors have never been substantiated beyond internet smear campaigns regarding solich.

2) And I never had major issues with Pelini on the sideline because (a) I knew he and his players had a special relationship and (b) figured he'd grow out of it as he matured as a coach. So I don't consider his behavior a "character flaw."

1) Yes they have. You can keep saying they haven't, but you will continue to be wrong.

2) In his 8th year as a head coach, including a fresh start at his hometown university, Bo Pelini has clearly established his character flaw and it has affected his team's performance, regardless of how the players might defend the man. Everyone else in college football is aware of this. The fact that you don't have an issue with it means squat.

If Bo can turn it all around in the years to come, good for him. Seriously. It won't mean his firing was a mistake.

The Solich firing may have been a mistake, but it wasn't without cause or support outside the administration. That Solich did not get plucked up by a Power 5 school in the subsequent 13 years, and has had a solid but unacceptable by Husker standards 80 - 61 record in the MAC suggests the mistake was not tragic.

• Fire 2

This is funny. Someone who accused one of our best players of sabotage in the name of loyalty to Bo is criticising someone else's judge of character.

People who think football is the most important thing at UNL make me giggle. So ignorant. People who are incapable of separating their own preferences from facts make me giggle as well.

It's possible to care only about football when it comes to UNL, but at the same time realize that football is not the most important thing about the university.

I mean, to just name a couple things, UNL is pretty damn important when it comes to figuring out how to feed large populations and come up with alternative fuel sources. I could go on.

• Fire 3

Actually, prior to their firings, a majority of Nebraska fans didn't support firing Bo or Frank.

Please prove facts of this

Go back and look at the coverage immediately before the firings. It's all there.

No. I want to see your proof that the MAJORITY of Nebraska fans didn't approve of both firings.

I'd have to dig through the archives, but for anyone following back in '03, it was shocking and quite upsetting for most fans that a long time Husker was fired a season into retooling his staff. If you don't believe me, I doubt a poll is oging to matter.

As for Pelini, second chart down: http://imgur.com/a/V0R3n

Around 22% wanted him fired. About 60% thought that NU would finish with at least 9 wins last year had we not made a change.

There are other polls, but again, I don't want to go waste time digging through OWH archives when I doubt it would change your opinion much.

• Fire 1

People who think football is the most important thing at UNL make me giggle. So ignorant. People who are incapable of separating their own preferences from facts make me giggle as well.

It's possible to care only about football when it comes to UNL, but at the same time realize that football is not the most important thing about the university.

I mean, to just name a couple things, UNL is pretty damn important when it comes to figuring out how to feed large populations and come up with alternative fuel sources. I could go on.

Who thinks that?

404-Uncle-Buck-quotes.gif