My ACA health insurance nightmare

Congrats JJ!

Score one for the good guys. Shame you had to fight that hard over something that seemingly simple, but I'm glad that everything worked out for you. I really wish it wasn't this hard for you or anybody else to get something as vital as healthcare ironed out.

Ditto.

• Fire 1

It's good that you're getting the Insurance Comissioner involved. I'd sue Chase for giving you a payment notification, then not paying. Beats me how but they're the source of the problem. If the payment was supposed to be made then everything should be reinstated retroactively. I've changed credit cards many times and always have had to call to activate the new one.....with the one exception being that I was notified the old card would be closed due to fraudulent activity. Still, I was notified.

I'd be talking to a lawyer yesterday.

​Having gone to the bottom, I see the problem has been resolved. Glad to see that and now I can go read how.

Yeah, the Insurance Commissioner is like Commissioner Gordon....probably the most useful officer in government when you're being jacked around and lied to by diabolical corporate agents. He puts out the Bat Signal and pretty soon Batman is kicking ass.

It's good that you're getting the Insurance Comissioner involved. I'd sue Chase for giving you a payment notification, then not paying. Beats me how but they're the source of the problem. If the payment was supposed to be made then everything should be reinstated retroactively. I've changed credit cards many times and always have had to call to activate the new one.....with the one exception being that I was notified the old card would be closed due to fraudulent activity. Still, I was notified.

​Having gone to the bottom, I see the problem has been resolved. Glad to see that and now I can go read how.

Actually it was the KP online payment system that provided the payment confirmation. When KP attempted to charge the card then Chase declined it. The KP online payment system seems to be really strange compared to how others typically work. It "schedules" a payment rather than doing it in real time like a person assumes. Anyway....

I did receive a letter from KP today stating that my insurance had been reinstated with no lapse in coverage and that they had reviewed any declined claims and we're reprocessing those. They even apologized and said that when they reviewed my call records that my complaints were not handled properly or escalated to the correct people/department.

Anyway, hopefully my little drama helps prevent anything similar from happening to any of you. And as Hayseed alluded to, when you start getting jerked around don't hesitate to get the Insurance Commission involved.

Actually it was the KP online payment system that provided the payment confirmation. When KP attempted to charge the card then Chase declined it. The KP online payment system seems to be really strange compared to how others typically work. It "schedules" a payment rather than doing it in real time like a person assumes. Anyway....

I find it odd that both of them didn't notify you online about the problem since that's where the transaction occurred. Strange indeed. Glad you got it sorted out after having to stew over it for that long.

• Fire 1

May be a silver lining to all of this. I refilled a couple of my Rx at the KP pharmacy today and they they told me I had fulfilled my max out of pocket for the year and there was no charge whatsoever. I'm not sure but I think they either screwed up or just fulfilled my oop as a goodwill gesture. I sure don't think I've spent that much oop and I had no idea oop would ever apply to the copay on prescriptions. I might be on easy street for the rest of this year.....