Nebraska Cornhuskers at the Clemson Regional

season and this game is over!! Worst regional play I have seen in some time!

We can only manage one run against a team ERA of 6.29

You do know the game isn't over right?

Also stats don't mean sh!t come tournament time.

Sure did yesterday when they gave up 24 runs on 200+ pitches. They didn't learn to pitch overnight, Nebraska couldn't hit the ball off a tee right now, and at some point "WELP THAT'S BASEBALL" doesn't really hold much water. Beating up on some weak Big 10 teams didn't mean much, obviously.

lol, I was just going to bring that up, too.

Louisville is crushing #2 seeded Ohio State 10-0

Well, OSU and Vanderbilt must have weak minded players and ineffective coaches. No excuse for any team ever losing to another team.

Nobody would mind the occasional postseason brainfart if it were only just that: occasional. Vandy can dry their tears on their national championship trophy from 2 years ago (and national runners up a year ago is nothing to be ashamed of), and Ohio State at least managed to win their game yesterday and will get to keep playing tomorrow, plus they have a conference tournament championship trophy to hang their hat on this year. Nebraska has accomplished very little so far under DE. He would be the first to say so.

• Fire 1

Louisville is crushing #2 seeded Ohio State 10-0

Well, OSU and Vanderbilt must have weak minded players and ineffective coaches. No excuse for any team ever losing to another team.

Nobody would mind the occasional postseason brainfart if it were only just that: occasional. Vandy can dry their tears on their national championship trophy from 2 years ago (and national runners up a year ago is nothing to be ashamed of), and Ohio State at least managed to win their game yesterday and will get to keep playing tomorrow, plus they have a conference tournament championship trophy to hang their hat on this year. Nebraska has accomplished very little so far under DE. He would be the first to say so.

Nebraska has been to 2 regionals in 5 years. Before we get our panties in a bunch we need to be in regionals consistently. We do realize that both of our starting pitchers have never pitched in a major NCAA tournament right? One freshmen, one sophomore. Add it to the fact that Ryan Boldt, who really should come back next year as he didn't live up to the hype, and other key players of our offense couldn't buy a damn hit. Experience does matter in these types of situations. And for stats btw doesn't mean anything. Anything can happen in sports. Western Carolina pitching was just effective enough to get 5 double plays that took away scoring chances. They deserve credit. We didn't play our best baseball in the postseason. I think Erstad should keep the offensive play-calling, Silva deserves to stay after helping turning around a sh!tstorm of a pitching staff earlier.

Next year our entire pitching staff will be back for the weekend rotation. Assuming Burkamper doesn't get drafted (or leave).

Also is it just me or did Klemke look like crap throwing the ball in from the outfield?

Makes me miss Dilday.

Credit to Silva for putting together a pretty serviceable pitching staff after some disastrous performances early in the year.

But the offense can not be rationalized, it was terrible.

^My frilly undershorts aren't bunched up all that much, but I want to call a spade a spade. Part of Nebraska's offensive improvement this year was in games against teams the caliber of Penn State, Rutgers or others who didn't find themselves in any post-season action. The Big 10 sent half the teams to the NCAA tournament that it did a year ago.

Freshmen and sophomores contribute all over the country in baseball thanks to stuff like the stifling scholarship limitations and MLB drafting high schoolers; hell, younger guys than some of our players are already in the major leagues (although that kid on the Dodgers may not be a great comparison because he hasn't looked very good so far :blink: ). Sophomores in baseball are basically upperclassmen already given the nature of baseball at the collegiate level. So being young is good, but not rare enough for me to want to use it as an excuse for piss-poor play :dunno Meyers pitched just fine today, but Joba Chamberlain himself could have pitched yesterday and it wouldn't have mattered, staring at strike 3 all day turned out to be a bad approach.