Brexit

No gd way trump could lead.

He would destroy our economy.

And trump doesn't believe in capitalism or free markets. He's a populist who believes only in the cult of himself. And if he has a "movement" going, it's a gd cult.

Ooh so you're "one of those people"...

Absolutely.

veSe85N.jpg

Is this British exports vs imports from EU or am I missing a joke?

Its from a photo that is trending on social media

A photo captioned “Brexit in one picture” showed a table laden with an abundance of European noshes including a French pastry, German sausage and Italian pasta, with a plate of baked beans off in a corner.

And trump doesn't believe in capitalism or free markets. He's a populist who believes only in the cult of himself. And if he has a "movement" going, it's a gd cult.

Absolutely.

One of those people who thinks any idea foreign to their immediate shell of thinking is a cult? At least you admit it.

Absolutely.
One of those people who thinks any idea foreign to their immediate shell of thinking is a cult? At least you admit it.
No. He didn't admit that. There is definitely a cult feeling about Trump and his followers. For example he said he "could shoot someone and not lose any voters," and his fans didn't seem to care what it implied about them.

His fans also ignore any/all valid criticism of him (e.g. proof by his own words that he's lied or contradicted himself) and blame it on media bias.

You can say a lot of things about Trump, but claiming he can't lead is not one of them. We are coming off of 7 years of a failed POTUS that had zero executive experience before he took the job, and it's shown in both his lack of results and his inability to bring both sides together. Trump knows how to make things happen, and sometimes that will mean he will tick off Republicans to pass a compromise.

Trump can't lead.

I'm former military. I have a lot of former colleagues who have openly stated they would consider ignoring orders from him.

He can't lead. He's a thin skinned buffoon. That's the worst combination in an executive.

I can't imagine a worse choice for president at this point, other than maybe palin. I'd include standards but he'd never get his intentions through congress.

Many people said the exact same thing about Obama. This means absolutely nothing.

Very few said Obama was a thin skinned person.

But in any event, it doesn't matter if people were wrong previously. It's about now and Trump would be an unmitigated disaster.

I can't believe the number of republicans that have checked their brains at the door in support of him.

I'm not saying he can or can't lead. I was just pointing out that many used the same lines 8 years ago. Imploring the former military line and stating that they would not follow orders, stating that they couldn't imagine a worse choice for President, etc. It just sounded eerily familiar is all. I'm no Obama fan by any stretch but it sure could've been worse and I don't recall any mass mutiny in our military. I doubt those things would be any different with Trump.

But back to Brexit.

Can anybody explain what is fundementally different economically whether the UK stayed in the EU or left?

Seems to me nothing fundementally changes. They still consume and still produce and will find markets to sell what they produce. Why are most acting like it's the end of the world? I guess I don't get it. Seems like the typical running around with arms flailing saying the sky is falling when it hasn't moved an inch.

• Fire 1

JJ

I don't know the details of Brexit and don't pretend to. I feel much the same way you do in your post.

But on the surface I think a lot of the "panic" is because people (investors) don't know what will come next. The UK will play by their own rules now and not be part of an "organized" EU. I think....Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said, don't know much about it.

• Fire 1

Absolutely.
No. He didn't admit that. There is definitely a cult feeling about Trump and his followers. For example he said he "could shoot someone and not lose any voters," and his fans didn't seem to care what it implied about them.

His fans also ignore any/all valid criticism of him (e.g. proof by his own words that he's lied or contradicted himself) and blame it on media bias.

He has put his foot in his mouth a few times, but his words have also been blown WAY out of proportion on multiple occasions.

JJ

I don't know the details of Brexit and don't pretend to. I feel much the same way you do in your post.

But on the surface I think a lot of the "panic" is because people (investors) don't know what will come next. The UK will play by their own rules now and not be part of an "organized" EU. I think....Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said, don't know much about it.

I understand the short term market panic. That's just the normal reaction to virtually any change. But I have yet to see it explained how this changes the economic fundamentals for the UK or the EU or for anyone. Seems like much ado about nothing...but that is what current day society is good at, I guess.

But back to Brexit.

Can anybody explain what is fundementally different economically whether the UK stayed in the EU or left?

Seems to me nothing fundementally changes. They still consume and still produce and will find markets to sell what they produce. Why are most acting like it's the end of the world? I guess I don't get it. Seems like the typical running around with arms flailing saying the sky is falling when it hasn't moved an inch.

It casts into doubt a lot of the free trade and free movement agreements that were in place before.

As I said, if it was done for the right reasons, in order to liberalize the economy through a more free market, then that would be great.

Unfortunately it appears the far right conservatives and the left laborists are moving the opposite direction.

Absolutely.

He has put his foot in his mouth a few times, but his words have also been blown WAY out of proportion on multiple occasions.

Putting aside the many stupid things he has said (like the comments he made about Brexit), can you list the 5 most intelligent, sensible things he said?

The humor in this is that you accuse me of not wanting to listen to new ideas, but what new idea has he even presented?

Absolutely.

Putting aside the many stupid things he has said (like the comments he made about Brexit), can you list the 5 most intelligent, sensible things he said?

The humor in this is that you accuse me of not wanting to listen to new ideas, but what new idea has he even presented?

You're kidding, right?...

Absolutely.

You're kidding, right?...

Very serious. Can you quote 5 statements?

1. He will cut the department of education and bring education local. That's the best, boldest stance I've ever seen a candidate have. As a former educator i know it's long overdue.

2. Secure borders. Duh...

3. Make other countries pay our costs to defend them.

4. Make great trade deals

5. Support nationalism, not globalism

2 through 5 are the same and they are hollow.

And "nationalism" over "globalism" is an awful idea and better characterized as "domestic manufacturism" over "free market consumers."

Would you support statism trade restrictions? What if California putting tariffs on Nebraska beef?

Finally, "securing the border" is a pipe dream and an awful waste of resources.