BLM from POV of Black Cop

I mean, the police are a part of the whole, too. If it's all of us, that's not at the exclusion of the police forces.

OK, just did not want to assume, thanks!

Did you watch the town hall meeting President Obama spoke at and hear the comments given by numerous law enforcement officials?

Listening to that meeting, I came away feeling they laid out a pretty strong argument that law enforcement as a whole, gives more credence to protecting the rights of the minority than any other governmental division. <-- This is a statement in general terms, not stating there is not room for improvement.

Let's not act like criminal justice reform to address institutional bias and other issues is going to have lastinf negative effects on the police themselves, either.

It will make them safer, more effective, and hopefully happier in their jobs.

↑ I agree.

There is no such thing as "reverse racism" as white people didn't create racism as that term implies. A person is a racist no matter what the color of their skin is.

Yep. "Reverse" racism is an inherently biased term, as it implies that, as a White, that person can't be discriminated against because of their skin color.
Reverse racism is a phenomenon in which discrimination, sometimes officially sanctioned, against a dominant or formerly dominant racial or other group representative of the majority in a particular society takes place, for a variety of reasons, often initially as an attempt at redressing past wrongs. It has been described as "preferential treatment, discriminating in favor of members of under-represented groups, which have been treated unjustly in the past, against innocent people".The usage of the term is controversial, with many groups (especially those concerning the interests of ethnic minorities) denying its existence.
Were you going to provide the link to the wikipedia page you copied that from or just leave the implication that these are your own words?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_racism

Knapp, typically, I don't post after a specific time in the day but I see you didn't reply to my answer on this. I have to say that I am disappointed that you suggested that I was trying to pass the description I relayed, off as my own words. I respect you and I am fairly well accomplished in my vocation, am closer to retiring than started anew and way to f'ing old to try to impress anyone especially on a message board. I came here tonight to read what your reply might have been and nothing. No worries, I won't lose sleep over it but I am not sure why out of the blue you would say such, since I have been here since 2013 and to my knowledge, never given you reason to make such a claim.

Diverse Wichitans gather for barbecue with police

As much of the nation was reeling from yet another act of violence in Baton Rouge, La., hundreds of Wichitans came out to a barbecue at McAdams Park with Wichita police officers.

Earlier in the week, protesters had planned to march on Sunday, but after organizers met with Police Chief Gordon Ramsay for hours, according to the protesters, they agreed to break bread together instead.

The idea was to open up lines of communication and build trust, from the perspective of the police, and for the protesters. While the march last week was largely young and black, the crowd at the barbecue drew whites, blacks and Hispanics in larger numbers and included more older people and children.

At one table, three men - a black man, a Hispanic man and a white man - sat down with burgers next to Lt. Travis Rakestraw to share their ideas.

It was the first time since 1992 that Jarvis Scott, the black man, said he’d sat down with a police officer, and the other two said it was their first time ever sitting down with an officer.

This doesn't help the "BLM is a terrorist organization" narrative much, does it?

• Fire 1