BLM from POV of Black Cop

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/07/10/riveting-post-by-black-police-officer-confronts-blm-with-raw-honesty-and-every-american-needs-to-see-it-363067

Complaint: Blacks are the only ones getting killed by police, or they are killed more.

Fact: As of July 2016, the breakdown of the number of US Citizens killed by Police this year is, 238 White people killed, 123 Black people killed, 79 Hispanics, 69 other/or unknown race.

Fact: Black people kill more other blacks than Police do, and there are only protest and outrage when a cop kills a black man. University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson examined the latest crime data from the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports and Centers for Disease Control and found that an average of 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012. Professor Johnson’s research further concluded that 112 black men died from both justified and unjustified police-involved killings annually during this same period.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/07/10/riveting-post-by-black-police-officer-confronts-blm-with-raw-honesty-and-every-american-needs-to-see-it-363067#ixzz4EEJPFj4U

I realized that they refuse to believe that most cops acknowledge that there are Bad cops who should have never been given a badge & gun, who are chicken sh#t and will shoot a cockroach if it crawls at them too fast, who never worked in the hood and may be intimidated. That most cops dread the thought of having to shoot someone, and never see the turmoil and mental anguish that a cop goes through after having to kill someone to save his own life. Instead they believe that we are all blood thirsty killers, because the media says so, even though the numbers prove otherwise. I realize that they truly feel as if the death of cops will help people realize the false narrative that Black Lives Matter, when all it will do is take their movement two steps backwards and label them domestic terrorist. I realized that some of these people, who say Black Lives Matter, are full of hate and racism. Hate for cops, because of the false narrative that more black people are targeted and killed. Racism against white people, for a tragedy that began 100’s of years ago, when most of the white people today weren’t even born yet. I realized that some in the African-American community’s idea of “Justice” is the prosecution of ANY and EVERY cop or white man that kills or is believed to have killed a black man, no matter what the circumstances are. I realized the African American community refuses to look within to solve its major issues, and instead makes excuses and looks outside for solutions. I realized that a lot of people in the African American lead with hate, instead of love. Division instead of Unity. Turmoil and rioting, instead of Peace. I realized that they have become the very entity that they claim they are fighting against.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/07/10/riveting-post-by-black-police-officer-confronts-blm-with-raw-honesty-and-every-american-needs-to-see-it-363067#ixzz4EEJx1zXn

• Fire 4

Interesting.

To your first quote about black on black crime. I remember seeing this headline. Not saying I agree with everything that is in the article. Just putting it up there as the argument against this thought process.

I guess my issue with the article is that it acts like it's an either/or mentality.

My feelings on this is that if these communities would get this outraged about the black on black crime, it would help reduce it and bad police officers would be possibly less inclined to believe a black guy in the community is a criminal.

It gets back to my statement in another thread about how these communities need to start producing the police officers that patrol the area. Those officers would have more of a connection to the community, know more people and be more "street smart" for that area.

My feelings on this is that if these communities would get this outraged about the black on black crime, it would help reduce it and bad police officers would be possibly less inclined to believe a black guy in the community is a criminal.

It gets back to my statement in another thread about how these communities need to start producing the police officers that patrol the area. Those officers would have more of a connection to the community, know more people and be more "street smart" for that area.

It doesn't make the same headlines, but don't think that black communities and the movement leaders are just sitting there and twiddling their thumbs towards the violence within their own communities. They are doing something.

The "black on black crime" thing is a strawman distraction, and shouldn't ever be brought up unless we, as white folk, are also going to look at "white on white" crime and get outraged at our own communities as well, because it happens at almost the exact same rates.

It's not really an article that was written by a journalist. It's basically a blog that was written by a black cop. Gotta say, I'm gonna take something a black cop says much more serious than any media outlet.

It doesn't make the same headlines, but don't think that black communities and the movement leaders are just sitting there and twiddling their thumbs towards the violence within their own communities. They are doing something.

The "black on black crime" thing is a strawman distraction, and shouldn't ever be brought up unless we, as white folk, are also going to look at "white on white" crime and get outraged at our own communities as well, because it happens at almost the exact same rates.

That's OK...I'm perfectly fine talking about black on black crime.

If you want to talk about white on white crime, I'm fine with that too.

• Fire 1

It's not really an article that was written by a journalist. It's basically a blog that was written by a black cop. Gotta say, I'm gonna take something a black cop says much more serious than any media outlet.

I believe this was shook off as illegitimate or "written by someone with an agenda" in the other thread.

• Fire 1

Gotta say, I'm gonna take something a black cop says much more serious than any media outlet.

Do you provide the same kind of deference of opinion to black civilians who say that their lives collectively suffer under the weight of bias and lack of opportunity compared to whites?

• Fire 2

Why does the statistic that more Whites are killed by cops keep being used? Each time it's used, a kitten with a brain dies. People who think it proves any kind of point are showing how bad they are at math/logic.

I didn't read the rest of the article, but it's the 4th time I've seen that stat, the total number of people killed, being used this week. Learn what an odds ratio or relative risk are, people.

238/196,817,552 = 1.21e-6
123/38,929,319 = 3.16e-6

3.16e-6/1.21e-6 = 2.61

Blacks are 2.61 times as likely to get killed by police officers.

I'm not claiming this tells the whole story but I'm tired of people not understanding which numbers matter.

• Fire 2

Why does the statistic that more Whites are killed by cops keep being used? Each time it's used, a kitten with a brain dies. People who think it proves any kind of point are showing how bad they are at math/logic.

I didn't read the rest of the article, but it's the 4th time I've seen that stat, the total number of people killed, being used this week. Learn what an odds ratio or relative risk are, people.

238/196,817,552 = 1.2092417448622671620262810707045e-6

123/38,929,319 = 3.1595723521390137854710481835041e-6

3.1595723521390137854710481835041e-6/1.2092417448622671620262810707045e-6 = 2.61

I'm not claiming this tells the whole story but I'm tired of people not understanding which numbers matter.

Hmmm, I came up with pi r2....

Seriously though, Moiraine is right. You have to look at the totals in relation to overall population of each to get a useful number. 2.61 times more could be signaling a problem. I think you also need to factor in the rate of crime within the group. But that is really tough to get a fair number if one group is being unequally targeted by police already. And then you have the contributing factors of neighborhood, existing disadvantage, etc. It's not easy to get a completely fair number for comparison.

Not only that, but if they are unarmed, they're 5x as likely to be killed (compared to whites). This is one of the most damning statistics that points to systemic bias in our judicial system, yet I haven't seen anyone address it specifically.

238/196,817,552 = 1.2092417448622671620262810707045e-6

123/38,929,319 = 3.1595723521390137854710481835041e-6

3.1595723521390137854710481835041e-6/1.2092417448622671620262810707045e-6 = 2.61

Hmmm, I came up with pi r2....

Seriously though, Moiraine is right. You have to look at the totals in relation to overall population of each to get a useful number. 2.61 times more could be signaling a problem. I think you also need to factor in the rate of crime within the group. But that is really tough to get a fair number if one group is being unequally targeted by police already. And then you have the contributing factors of neighborhood, existing disadvantage, etc. It's not easy to get a completely fair number for comparison.

I agree that crime rates are important factor to consider. If people want to use those stats then fine. Just stop using the ones that are meaningless.

Why is it that liberals want to create issues where none exist and will constantly attempt to ignore the facts in the furtherance of some irrational agenda? The fact is that more whites die in police related incidents than blacks. It is also true that blacks die at disproportionately higher numnbers than whites in police related incidents. This does NOT prove anything about racial discrimination (or the latest modification thereof now referred to as racial bias). The primary reason for the disproportionately higher level of police interactions with blacks over whites is the disproportionately high level of criminal activity in the black communities generally. More crime begets more police interaction and inevitably more death and injuries involving police actions vis a vis the individuals involved. This is NOT racial bias or discrimination. It is simply fact!

While police are human and certainly not infallable by any means. In fact, police, in my experience, have a tendency by personality type to be a more aggressive and physically dominant mindset, lending themselves to be interested in and willing to take on the criminal, also a person with a similar more aggressive and physically dominant type. When the typical criminal (a bully or thug if you will) is contacted by a cop, the odds of a physical confrontation (fighting, resistance, gun fire, etc.) are dramatically higher than the typical confrontation of an average law abiding citizen with another average law abiding citizen. Cops and robbers don't get along, naturally. One should reasonably expect that anger, hate and dispute will be the order of things when parties who resent each other meet.

The Black Lives Matter and those who support them are quite resentful of the authority and control which police and the government they represent over them. Very few people, of any color or community at large, really like being confronted by the police, whether it be to issue a speeding ticket or warn them of spitting on the sidewalk or arresting them for a major crime. The allegation that the entire police force of each and every city, state, town and county are filled with racial hate and simply out to get the poor blacks is pure nonsense. Never has that been the case and certainly not in today's society. Blacks are at least proportionately represented in most police forces across the land certainly nothing short of reasonably representative of society at large. Racial hate is mostly a thing of the distant past, or at least was until Obama & Co injected a big dose of hate and accusatory speech into the public discourse. The great majority of our society today had put race issues well in the rear view mirror until recently. Being accused of being a racist no matter who you are is very hurtful and does nothing to bring the races together.

• Fire 3

Why is it that liberals want to create issues where none exist and will constantly attempt to ignore the facts in the furtherance of some irrational agenda? The fact is that more whites die in police related incidents than blacks. It is also true that blacks die at disproportionately higher numnbers than whites in police related incidents. This does NOT prove anything about racial discrimination (or the latest modification thereof now referred to as racial bias). The primary reason for the disproportionately higher level of police interactions with blacks over whites is the disproportionately high level of criminal activity in the black communities generally. More crime begets more police interaction and inevitably more death and injuries involving police actions vis a vis the individuals involved. This is NOT racial bias or discrimination. It is simply fact!

While police are human and certainly not infallable by any means. In fact, police, in my experience, have a tendency by personality type to be a more aggressive and physically dominant mindset, lending themselves to be interested in and willing to take on the criminal, also a person with a similar more aggressive and physically dominant type. When the typical criminal (a bully or thug if you will) is contacted by a cop, the odds of a physical confrontation (fighting, resistance, gun fire, etc.) are dramatically higher than the typical confrontation of an average law abiding citizen with another average law abiding citizen. Cops and robbers don't get along, naturally. One should reasonably expect that anger, hate and dispute will be the order of things when parties who resent each other meet.

The Black Lives Matter and those who support them are quite resentful of the authority and control which police and the government they represent over them. Very few people, of any color or community at large, really like being confronted by the police, whether it be to issue a speeding ticket or warn them of spitting on the sidewalk or arresting them for a major crime. The allegation that the entire police force of each and every city, state, town and county are filled with racial hate and simply out to get the poor blacks is pure nonsense. Never has that been the case and certainly not in today's society. Blacks are at least proportionately represented in most police forces across the land certainly nothing short of reasonably representative of society at large. Racial hate is or at least was until Obama & Co injected a big dose of hate and accusatory speech into the public discourse. The great majority of our society today had put race issues well in the rear view mirror until recently. Being accused of being a racist no matter who you are is very hurtful and does nothing to bring the races together.

nvm
  • Fire 1