BLM from POV of Black Cop

Not one thing you said there had anything to do with my post and my stance on this subject.

It's so far away from my discussion that I have no clue where you are even coming up with this stuff.

And....no. It's not that I don't understand statistics.

banner-lies-damn-lies-statistics.png

53-percent-of-statistics-are-made-up.jpg

Not one thing you said there had anything to do with my post and my stance on this subject.

It's so far away from my discussion that I have no clue where you are even coming up with this stuff.

I apologize, but you replied to me, and you were very vague and I jumped to conclusions. I was originally replying to the article, not you. So I wasn't trying to argue with what you were saying above. I wasn't replying to your post or your stance on the subject at all. You weren't the OP and I didn't quote your first reply so I'm not sure why you thought I was responding to your stance/discussion. My only reply to you was to your saying "Those stats matter."

Then I apologize. Your original post came very shortly after some of my posts on the subject. I possibly worded the first sentence in my post poorly. When I said..."I'm saying those stats matter.".....I should have said, "If you are talking to me, I'm saying those stats matter". Then you could have clarified who you are talking to.

No biggie.

The whole BLM movement started with the whole Travon Martin shooting. It's a bunch of people who lack common sense and patience for the evidence and facts to present themselves

Honest question without googling, have anyone of you heard of Jeremy Mardis, Dylan Noble, Zachary Hammond, Ryan Keith Bolinger, Gilbert Flores or Dillon Taylor

I think that bolded statement lacks common sense. Now tell me, did you know who all of those names were before you listed them trying to prove a point?

Nope and that's my point. I had to do research about other cop shootings. Why is it we always hear about the cop vs black shootings and not the cop vs the white shootings?

How are those victim's names I mentioned above less significant than the ones we are only hearing about? Seriously one of those involved a 6 year old boy and nothing. Had his skin been black we would still be hearing about it today and his name would be remembered with a hash tag. More riots and protest.

The media wants everyone to assume that only blacks are the victims and people ARE buying into that. People can't take the time to do their research before losing their minds.

The whole BLM movement started with the whole Travon Martin shooting. It's a bunch of people who lack common sense and patience for the evidence and facts to present themselves

Honest question without googling, have anyone of you heard of Jeremy Mardis, Dylan Noble, Zachary Hammond, Ryan Keith Bolinger, Gilbert Flores or Dillon Taylor

I think that bolded statement lacks common sense. Now tell me, did you know who all of those names were before you listed them trying to prove a point?

Nope and that's my point. I had to do research about other cop shootings. Why is it we always hear about the cop vs black shootings and not the cop vs the white shootings?

How are those victim's names I mentioned above less significant than the ones we are only hearing about? Seriously one of those involved a 6 year old boy and nothing. Had his skin been black we would still be hearing about it today and his name would be remembered with a hash tag. More riots and protest.

The media wants everyone to assume that only blacks are the victims and people ARE buying into that. People can't take the time to do their research before losing their minds.

Their not.

So....instead of getting all pissy about black people getting angry about black men getting shot, why don't you join their movement and discuss white people who this happens to also?

Isn't the fact that you don't know about this a problem of the media, not society? The media in the local area of each of these killings covered these situations, and it's the local and national press that chooses which stories to cover.

You, and several others, seem to be implying that the Black Lives Matter protesters are at fault for protesting what is a rash of statistically unsupportable deaths by Blacks at the hands of law enforcement.

Isn't your gripe really with the press, who are putting this information in front of you? And don't you have a choice to ignore it, and move on with your life?

Isn't the fact that you don't know about this a problem of the media, not society? The media in the local area of each of these killings covered these situations, and it's the local and national press that chooses which stories to cover.

You, and several others, seem to be implying that the Black Lives Matter protesters are at fault for protesting what is a rash of statistically unsupportable deaths by Blacks at the hands of law enforcement.

Isn't your gripe really with the press, who are putting this information in front of you? And don't you have a choice to ignore it, and move on with your life?

What Knapp is stating here is factual Dewiz,

The media drives what they want the people to believe or understand. There is no one who could logically argue that there is not some form of racism still within certain law enforcement personnel, just as there is reverse racism within BLM. But the media is the one who is pushing all the buttons to reach their ultimate goals.

Divide an conquer!

What a time to be alive!

The media drives what they want the people to believe or understand. There is no one who could logically argue that there is not some for of racism still within certain law enforcement personnel, just as there is reverse racism within BLM. But the media is the one who is pushing all the buttons to reach their ultimate goals.

Divide an conquer!

What a time to be alive!

If you listen to their story and become angry enough that you keep watching and even tune in the next day......they have accomplished their goal.

• Fire 2

The media drives what they want the people to believe or understand. There is no one who could logically argue that there is not some for of racism still within certain law enforcement personnel, just as there is reverse racism within BLM. But the media is the one who is pushing all the buttons to reach their ultimate goals.

The bolded is a two way street, though.

I routinely hear people say this, and while it is true, the public also drives what they want to believe or understand as well as what content is delivered. The phrase "if it bleeds it leads" holds very true. You'll see people post on news websites regularly "why don't you cover more of this" or "why don't you cover more of that." The simple truth is that news stations cover what gets the most public interest or what they believe the public will find most interesting. They're not perfect, by any means, but it has always been the role of journalist to make these considerations.

Apply that today. If a white man is gunned down in the street by police then it is definitely a story, but probably only on the local/state levels. Maybe sporadically on the national level. If a black man is gunned down, chances are national groups will pick up on it and the national interest will demand more coverage.

Does anybody remember when Tareik Artis was shot by law enforcement in Lincoln several months ago after a traffic stop? CNN and ABC called local law enforcement within half an hour of the shooting for details and CNN had a crew preparing to head to Lincoln before it was determined that the shooting was justified.

tl;dr these types of stories drive readership locally and nationally, and spark serious debate. The public's interaction and interest is equally culpable as to what news gets covered more often than not.

I routinely hear people say this, and while it is true, the public also drives what they want to believe or understand as well as what content is delivered. The phrase "if it bleeds it leads" holds very true. You'll see people post on news websites regularly "why don't you cover more of this" or "why don't you cover more of that." The simple truth is that news stations cover what gets the most public interest or what they believe the public will find most interesting. They're not perfect, by any means, but it has always been the role of journalist to make these considerations.

Apply that today. If a white man is gunned down in the street by police then it is definitely a story, but probably only on the local/state levels. Maybe sporadically on the national level. If an armed black man is gunned down, chances are national groups will pick up on it and the national interest will demand more coverage.

Does anybody remember when Tareik Artis was shot by law enforcement in Lincoln several months ago after a traffic stop? CNN and ABC called local law enforcement within half an hour of the shooting for details and CNN had a crew preparing to head to Lincoln before it was determined that the shooting was justified.

tl;dr these types of stories drive readership locally and nationally, and spark serious debate. The public's interaction and interest is equally culpable as to what news gets covered more often than not.

I agree with your assessment on it being two way street.

Although you probably did not mean to exclude certain words in your example above, the fact that you omitted or added "armed" in one situation vs. the other, not, could impact the story line as well.

Apply that today. If a white man is gunned down in the street by police then it is definitely a story, but probably only on the local/state levels. Maybe sporadically on the national level. If an armed black man is gunned down, chances are national groups will pick up on it and the national interest will demand more coverage.

Although you probably did not mean to exclude certain words in your example above, the fact that you omitted or added "armed" in one situation vs. the other, not, could impact the story line as well.

Crap! Thanks for catching that. My example initially involved both being armed.

Fixed for clarification.

Crap! Thanks for catching that. My example initially involved both being armed.

Fixed for clarification.

No worries, recently I have found the urge to identify all typos, not just the misspelling of words but all of them. <_<

Knapp my grip is with both the media and BLM fault haven't I made that clear enough. The media for the lack of media coverage and the BLM believing that their race are the only ones affected and to automatically assume that the cop shot the victim because of the color of his skin.

Anyone who believes that only blacks are the only victim's are delusional.

And don't you have a choice to ignore my post and move on with your life too? We all have choices and I'm choosing to not to buy into this "Only blacks are the victims" BS.

Knapp my grip is with both the media and BLM fault haven't I made that clear enough. The media for the lack of media coverage and the BLM believing that their race are the only ones affected and to automatically assume that the cop shot the victim because of the color of his skin.

Anyone who believes that only blacks are the only victim's are delusional.

And don't you have a choice to ignore my post and move on with your life too? We all have choices and I'm choosing to not to buy into this "Only blacks are the victims" BS.

It's a good thing that Black Lives Matter, and Blacks in general, do not believe that "Blacks are the only victims of guns/violence/police victimization/etc." It would be funny to read that if it wasn't so sad.

The most delusional person is the person who believes that Blacks - or anyone - believes that to be true. I feel bad for people who think such things.

• Fire 2