The 2016 Republican National Convention

You're welcome to start a "Obama/Democratic Party is communist" thread, huskerfan2000 -- and take that argument as far as you are able to support it.

Your selective post reading noted, or is it just selective moderation. Either way, I didn't start to conversation, but not surprising you selected me to make the comment too. I responded to Guy's post a few pages back.

You're the most defensive poster I've ever seen on this board and that's saying a lot. There are a lot of posters I disagree with (this is the politics forum after all) but at least they make an actual attempt at having a conversation about things they don't see eye to eye with people on. The same can't be said about you.

Your philosophy is "facts are in the eye of the beholder."

It's not possible to have a dialogue with someone like that. There's a reason you were suspended but you don't seem to be grasping what that was.

Please, don't try to act like that is something new, both sides do this (bold). The fact that you can't see that is telling.

Why is it that when I respond to someone who is belittling me I am the one being defensive? The first thread I started posting in (Gun Control) I was being too confrontational, but posters were doing the very same to me.. Go back and reread the thread. I even apologized for doing that only to have Landlord to make a personal attack on me.

Then add in I was given a vacation for the dumbest thing I have seen on the number of boards I have been to. Spamming was the reason, but confrontational was the real reason. I read the rules, and it said nothing about being confrontational as one of them. I have also pointed out a number of others doing the same thing to others, but no posts from you targeting them.. Why?

I can go back and grab the number of posts to present if you want.. some by a mod no less.

EDIT: The funny thing is.. You have confronted me a number of times, and that is ok, but if I respond in kind then I am being defensive?

For an outsider candidate who is also a billionaire, I thought Trump came across as a guy that understands the challenges and fears of the working class, and this was a general theme through all of his children's speeches too. While I think the speech was too long, I think it hit on every single note and specifically targeted minorities, women, and the working class, and surprising the LGBT crowd too. As I've said multiple times on here, this election will come down to whether Americans want an outsider like Trump, or the candidate of the status quo in Clinton. There is a lot of anxiety in the nation with the racial unrest and the increase in terror attacks, but if we do not see any more incidents of terrorism here in the US or abroad, and we don't see any more issues of cops being shot, then voters may forget about what happened in June and July and reward Hillary at the ballots. If we continue to see unrest in the next 2 or 3 months, I think that will push Trump over the top.

I think the DNC will be better orchestrated next week, but Hillary has a real challenge. First, she has to present herself as likable and trustworthy, and I'm not sure how you change someone's opinion in a one hour speech. But a bigger challenge is that she will have to follow 2 great orators in Obama and Bill Clinton. Hillary is not a natural speaker, so the convention staffers will have to make sure she is not overshadowed. We will hear a lot from Hillary and Obama about the recession and claims that the economy is booming, but most middle income voters are not feeling that, so Hillary will have to look to other reasons she should be given Obama's third term.

It is going to be even harder for her to get the Bernie supporters after the emails prove that it was rigged in her favor. I can see a lot of them either staying home or voting for Trump. It was at 20-25% of Bernie supporters that said that they would vote for Trump before the convention and the proof of the rigged primary came out. I would think that number would go up after the latest proof of her corruptness. How much, IDK. It also strengthens the angle of being an outsider vs the corrupt insider who is responsible for how bad of shape the country is in. She is really making it very easy for Trump to win this thing, but he keeps on killing his own momentum by opening his mouth and saying something ignorant. If he wasn't so over the top, this election would be over as I believe that he would have close to a 15-20 point lead in the polls. You can say that about both candidates, they are their own worst enemies. It is going to be a cripple fight (south park reference for those who don't know) to the finish to see who screws up less.

I really think that it will come down to the three debates and that should be in Trumps wheelhouse because as you stated she isn't a good speaker and doesn't have any charisma. Everything about her seems forced and fake which happens when you pander to everybody. Which gets her into trouble when she tries to play both sides of the coin on just about every issue. The biggest example of this was the meeting with the coal miners after she said that she was going to put them out of business.

I've heard that he might announce cabinet positions fairly quickly.

So here are a few names I'll throw out there:

General Mike Flynn, Sec of Def

Rudy G CIA

Newt : Homeland Security

Chris Christi- Attorney General

Ben Carson - Sec of Health and Human Services

Donald Trump Jr - White House Chief of Staff

Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee - Sec of State

Larry Kudlow - Sec of Treasury

Harold Hamm Sec of Energy

Mary Fallen - Sec of HUD

Sarah Palin - Press Secretary (wouldn't that drive the press nuts)

John Bolton - UN Ambassador

Ivanka Trump - Sec of Labor

I don't think he has a choice but to announce his cabinet members before the election. He needs for the people to see who he is (supposedly) going to be listening too and how qualified they are for their jobs. Because they need to be qualified to make up for his qualification.

You're welcome to start a "Obama/Democratic Party is communist" thread, huskerfan2000 -- and take that argument as far as you are able to support it.

Your selective post reading noted, or is it just selective moderation. Either way, I didn't start to conversation, but not surprising you selected me to make the comment too. I responded to Guy's post a few pages back.

You're the most defensive poster I've ever seen on this board and that's saying a lot. There are a lot of posters I disagree with (this is the politics forum after all) but at least they make an actual attempt at having a conversation about things they don't see eye to eye with people on. The same can't be said about you.

It's not possible to have a dialogue with someone like that. There's a reason you were suspended but you don't seem to be grasping what that was.

Please, don't try to act like that is something new, both sides do this (bold). The fact that you can't see that is telling.

Why is it that when I respond to someone who is belittling me I am the one being defensive? The first thread I started posting in (Gun Control) I was being too confrontational, but posters were doing the very same to me.. Go back and reread the thread. I even apologized for doing that only to have Landlord to make a personal attack on me.

Then add in I was given a vacation for the dumbest thing I have seen on the number of boards I have been to. Spamming was the reason, but confrontational was the real reason. I read the rules, and it said nothing about being confrontational as one of them. I have also pointed out a number of others doing the same thing to others, but no posts from you targeting them.. Why?

I can go back and grab the number of posts to present if you want.. some by a mod no less.

EDIT: The funny thing is.. You have confronted me a number of times, and that is ok, but if I respond in kind then I am being defensive?

Where have I "confronted" you, not counting today? I don't remember replying to you much at all. This is the issue here. What you see as confrontational from others rarely ever is. There's something about the tone of your posts that is much more "combative," to borrow someone else's word, than anyone else's.

I don't care whether saying facts are opinion is new or old or everyone does it. That doesn't mean it's the truth.

Where have I "confronted" you, not counting today? I don't remember replying to you much at all. This is the issue here. What you see as confrontational from others rarely ever is. There's something about the tone of your posts that is much more "combative," to borrow someone else's word, than anyone else's.

I don't care whether saying facts are opinion is new or old or everyone does it. That doesn't mean it's the truth.

lol, I love this response.

^ this is how you're different from the others. You make "nothing" responses all the time.

• Fire 1

^ this is how you're different from the others. You make "nothing" responses all the time.

Sorry I don't conform to what you think I should be.. Would your post be considered confrontational, these last couple posts? Oh yeah, what I think is wrong and what you think is right.

EDIT: find me those "nothing" responses.. since I do them all the time it is very easy to find.

Sorry I don't conform to what you think I should be.. Would your post be considered confrontational, these last couple posts? Oh yeah, what I think is wrong and what you think is right.

EDIT: find me those "nothing" responses.. since I do them all the time it is very easy to find.

All one has to do is look at the previous page of this topic.

The only confrontational post I made was the first one. I'll repeat what I said in that post - there are lots of people on here I disagree with. None of them are as defensive or nearly impossible communicate with the way you are. This has nothing to do with whether I disagree with you or not. Also, it cracks me up every time you tell people you won't conform or that this is just because people don't like your opinion. That's another way of adding nothing to the conversation. Instead of actually talking about the subject you say things like that. Then eventually people give up talking to you, like I'm going to do now.

• Fire 1

It was a serious suggestion.

Please do start a thread where you can argue this point. I'm holding out hope that you'll see how flimsy of an argument it actually is.

• Fire 1

For an outsider candidate who is also a billionaire, I thought Trump came across as a guy that understands the challenges and fears of the working class, and this was a general theme through all of his children's speeches too. While I think the speech was too long, I think it hit on every single note and specifically targeted minorities, women, and the working class, and surprising the LGBT crowd too. As I've said multiple times on here, this election will come down to whether Americans want an outsider like Trump, or the candidate of the status quo in Clinton. There is a lot of anxiety in the nation with the racial unrest and the increase in terror attacks, but if we do not see any more incidents of terrorism here in the US or abroad, and we don't see any more issues of cops being shot, then voters may forget about what happened in June and July and reward Hillary at the ballots. If we continue to see unrest in the next 2 or 3 months, I think that will push Trump over the top.

I think the DNC will be better orchestrated next week, but Hillary has a real challenge. First, she has to present herself as likable and trustworthy, and I'm not sure how you change someone's opinion in a one hour speech. But a bigger challenge is that she will have to follow 2 great orators in Obama and Bill Clinton. Hillary is not a natural speaker, so the convention staffers will have to make sure she is not overshadowed. We will hear a lot from Hillary and Obama about the recession and claims that the economy is booming, but most middle income voters are not feeling that, so Hillary will have to look to other reasons she should be given Obama's third term.

It is going to be even harder for her to get the Bernie supporters after the emails prove that it was rigged in her favor. I can see a lot of them either staying home or voting for Trump. It was at 20-25% of Bernie supporters that said that they would vote for Trump before the convention and the proof of the rigged primary came out. I would think that number would go up after the latest proof of her corruptness. How much, IDK. It also strengthens the angle of being an outsider vs the corrupt insider who is responsible for how bad of shape the country is in. She is really making it very easy for Trump to win this thing, but he keeps on killing his own momentum by opening his mouth and saying something ignorant. If he wasn't so over the top, this election would be over as I believe that he would have close to a 15-20 point lead in the polls. You can say that about both candidates, they are their own worst enemies. It is going to be a cripple fight (south park reference for those who don't know) to the finish to see who screws up less.

I really think that it will come down to the three debates and that should be in Trumps wheelhouse because as you stated she isn't a good speaker and doesn't have any charisma. Everything about her seems forced and fake which happens when you pander to everybody. Which gets her into trouble when she tries to play both sides of the coin on just about every issue. The biggest example of this was the meeting with the coal miners after she said that she was going to put them out of business.

I have to disagree with you there - I think come the debates Trumps gonna come unglued. His inability to focus on answering a question, and to try and distract people by calling them names and making faces is going to solidify her. I also expect to see a couple sweet burns come out of Hilary when he does it.

I think post debates, if anybody is on the fence, there will be little doubt who they will view as the grown up who is most likely to lead the country decently.

As many before me have said, we don't have an exciting choice, we have to decide the least offensive and the least harmful and in my mind that's an easy decision. GO HILARY!

• Fire 1

All one has to do is look at the previous page of this topic.

The only confrontational post I made was the first one. I'll repeat what I said in that post - there are lots of people on here I disagree with. None of them are as defensive or nearly impossible communicate with the way you are. This has nothing to do with whether I disagree with you or not. Also, it cracks me up every time you tell people you won't conform or that this is just because people don't like your opinion. That's another way of adding nothing to the conversation. Instead of actually talking about the subject you say things like that. Then eventually people give up talking to you, like I'm going to do now.

Glad you were able to admit you started this, not me. Like I said, it is ok for you to do it, but not me.. Got it!

Also, I have used the word "conform" twice (maybe three times) and I have never said "because people don't like my opinion", that I can remember. Please go find those posts, otherwise you are making things up to fit your agenda.

Ah. I think I see the problem.