The 2016 Republican National Convention

Does anyone have anything meaningful, related to the topic to post? Or, are we going to have another 4 pages of back and forth over attitude and semantics between one poster and everyone else? Seems the thread has been permanently derailed. Maybe somebody should fix that problem....

• Fire 3

Does anyone have anything meaningful, related to the topic to post? Or, are we going to have another 4 pages of back and forth over attitude and semantics between one poster and everyone else? Seems the thread has been permanently derailed. Maybe somebody should fix that problem....

Seems like it would be pretty easy to fix.

I've heard that he might announce cabinet positions fairly quickly.

So here are a few names I'll throw out there:

General Mike Flynn, Sec of Def

Rudy G CIA

Newt : Homeland Security

Chris Christi- Attorney General

Ben Carson - Sec of Health and Human Services

Donald Trump Jr - White House Chief of Staff

Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee - Sec of State

Larry Kudlow - Sec of Treasury

Harold Hamm Sec of Energy

Mary Fallen - Sec of HUD

Sarah Palin - Press Secretary (wouldn't that drive the press nuts)

John Bolton - UN Ambassador

Ivanka Trump - Sec of Labor

I don't think he has a choice but to announce his cabinet members before the election. He needs for the people to see who he is (supposedly) going to be listening too and how qualified they are for their jobs. Because they need to be qualified to make up for his qualification.

I would agree. To me he will only be as credible as those around him. If he can 'hire' the right people, then maybe he will shed some of the crazy image that hangs on him.

Rudy G CIA

Mary Fallen - Sec of HUD

I don't think he has a choice but to announce his cabinet members before the election. He needs for the people to see who he is (supposedly) going to be listening too and how qualified they are for their jobs. Because they need to be qualified to make up for his qualification.

I would agree. To me he will only be as credible as those around him. If he can 'hire' the right people, then maybe he will shed some of the crazy image that hangs on him.

That's true only if he is willing to listen to them. He appears to me to be someone who wants a bunch of "yes" people around him.

Personally, that list inspires nothing in me as far as confidence in his ability to run the country.

Rudy G CIA

Mary Fallen - Sec of HUD

That's true only if he is willing to listen to them. He appears to me to be someone who wants a bunch of "yes" people around him.

Personally, that list inspires nothing in me as far as confidence in his ability to run the country.

True about the listen part. I agree. He could have all Einsteins around him and waste the knowledge and experience due to his Goliath size ego.

If you haven't seen this yet, or don't have HBO it's a fantastic 16mins.

I still can't get my arms around Newt Gingrich's interview with CNN. But his comments and attitude is exactly what's so wacky about this election, and the republican Trump ticket in particular. "Newt Gingrich brought a feeling to a frickxng fact fight".

• Fire 3

I have a feeling that after the Democratic convention (even though it's been riddled with controversy so far) Hillary will go back to her large lead on the sites that give odds of winning like 358.

From your mouth to gods' ears!

Seriously I don't know how anyone can look at the two conventions on paper and say:

"hmmm Antonio Sabato Jr. Chaachi, some WWF guy, 5 family members speaking highly of a candidate"

OR

"sitting president, VP, multiple past presidents, current senate and congress people, shoot her biggest competitor endorses her proudly".

I think i'll vote for the guy that has his kids and wife saying he's solid.

Trump is all over the map on wage issues. I guess he is still learning the job of being the presidential nominee.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/07/trump-contradicts-trump-on-minimum-wage

I saw this last night.

How is this going to fly with the rest of the GOP? Of course, for his part, Trump is ridiculous. He just tosses out all sides of an argument at different times and hopes people take away whatever they want to hear.

But you can't say wages are too high and then say "In some cases, I might support a $10 minimum wage, through the states, maybe, I dunno."

I'm pretty sure if Clinton asks him to actually list off his policy proposals during a debate, he couldn't do it. I wish I was joking, but I'm deadly serious.