The 2016 Republican National Convention

It's Monday, first day of the RNC in Cleveland, and this process is going just about as expected.

They're trying to approve the rules of the convention, and the simplest way to do that is by voice-vote. But there are several unbound states' delegates trying to rebel.

http://theresurgent.com/rnc-officials-are-on-the-floor-systematically-harassing-those-who-signed-the-petition/

They know the names. They now have the names. Now RNC officials are hunting down the people who signed the petition and are badgering them to take their names off it. They do not want to have a roll call vote on the rules package. They are doing this after surrounding the secretary of the convention with armed guards so no one could approach her to give her the petition.

Well it isn't Chicago '68 Dem convention but it isn't 1984 either - Reagan's 2nd coronation.

The never Trump crowd was too late to recognize the threat he was to the party. Instead of rallying around Bush way back in Sept, the party leaders should have supported Rubio big time and he may have the momentum to carry the establishment's water throughout the primary season. Cruz had too many weaknesses to take him over the top but he was the only main challenger remaining after the power brokers went too late towards Rubio. I may for curiosity sake :dunno , tune in sometime during the weak but I really have zero passion towards what is going on in Cleveland.

Can we please talk about the fact that Scott Baio is speaking for Trump at the RNC? Please?

I read that and was amused to say the least. Some real heavy weights there. Don't want to overshadow The Donald

AND Lifetime heartthrob Antonio Sabato Jr. It would be funny except its for real - ok, it's still pretty f'ing funny. BTW I heard that Ralph Malph was endorsing Hillary. I also heard that Fonzi told Trump to "Sit On It".

I can't wait to see The Late Show's coverage with Jon Stewart and Stephen on the floor of the RNC.

One of the Trump talking heads on CNN just said the whole convention is about building confidence behind Trump, and the variety of personalities helps acheive that.

You're right, nutball blonde lady. Chachi and the dude from Duck Dynasty make me feel a lot better about national security.

And 5 family members - as many Trumps speaking as there are sitting senators.

Well it isn't Chicago '68 Dem convention but it isn't 1984 either - Reagan's 2nd coronation.

The never Trump crowd was too late to recognize the threat he was to the party. Instead of rallying around Bush way back in Sept, the party leaders should have supported Rubio big time and he may have the momentum to carry the establishment's water throughout the primary season. Cruz had too many weaknesses to take him over the top but he was the only main challenger remaining after the power brokers went too late towards Rubio. I may for curiosity sake :dunno , tune in sometime during the weak but I really have zero passion towards what is going on in Cleveland.

1968????

Naaa....but it ain't over yet. Just the first night.

Never thought I'd watch a Republican convention in my life. I also can't believe I am watching the dude from f'n Duck Dynasty speaking to the American people on behalf of a presidential candidate.

Speechless....

The question is ... did you dial in to watch it because of the Duck Dynasty guy and the other shall we say, "atypical" political supporters Trump is having on his newest reality show?

Trying to find the positive, any positive, in this.....all I can come up with is that it is head shakingly unbelievable and incredidibly entertaining. I mean really, who ever thought adults, let alone an honest to goodness candidate for President of the United States would ever behave this way? It's kind of difficult to wrap your head around. It's like when Thiesman broke his leg, you didn't want to watch but you couldn't look away. The Republican party is an absolute and complete clusterf#ck.

Hey, they didn't choose Trump. Their voters did.

It's an odd time for me, too -- applauding some staunch conservatives whose views I'd probably otherwise strongly disagree with, for mounting what little fight they could muster in the face of this takeover.