The 2016 Republican National Convention

A couple of places mentioned the possibility of internal sabotage by whomever wrote the speech for her. But... Melania claimed she wrote it herself with as little input as possible, so...

Brilliant move by some disgruntled RNC anti-Trump speechwriter, if that's it. Or Melania just plaguerized.

I used to adhere to the Trump as a plant, thing. Now I think he's just really a rank amateur that wants to continue doing things his way or not win at all.

It's got to really chap his ass that all these handlers have their hands up there basically turning him into a puppet.

Personally I'm waiting for him to snap from being too controlled and go off the deep end... :snacks:

I suppose this plagiarizing will be considered a bigger deal than Hilary and her emails. That's how this world works nowadays.

Nice deflection.

This is quite comical and on point for the left to demonize what a very strong and classy speech Melania gave. The overall night was strong with Rudys speech being so on point for how most Americans are feeling right now with the unease across this country. And let's not forget Obama has reused speeches before as shown here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/19/short-history-political-plagiarism-melania-trump

Here's the benediction prayer from yesterday. And a great example of what is wrong in America (and yes, both sides do it).

Hello, Republicans! Im Pastor Mark Burns form the great state of South Carolina! Im gonna pray and Im gonna give the benediction. And you know why? Because we are electing a man in Donald Trump who believes in the name of Jesus Christ. And Republicans, we got to be united, because our enemy is not other Republicans but is Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party.

Lets pray together. Father God, in the name of Jesus, Lord, were so thankful for the life of Donald Trump. Were thankful that you are guiding him, that you are giving him the words to unite this party, this country, that we together can defeat the liberal Democratic Party, to keep us divided and not united. Because we are the United States of America, and we are the conservative party under God.

To defeat every attack that comes against us, protect the life of Donald Trump. Give him the words, give him the peace, give him the power and authority to be the next president of the United States of America. In Jesus name if you believe it, shout Amen!

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/755148956007399424

I suppose this plagiarizing will be considered a bigger deal than Hilary and her emails. That's how this world works nowadays.

Nice deflection.

This is quite comical and on point for the left to demonize what a very strong and classy speech Melania gave. The overall night was strong with Rudys speech being so on point for how most Americans are feeling right now with the unease across this country. And let's not forget Obama has reused speeches before as shown here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/19/short-history-political-plagiarism-melania-trump

Nice deflection

• Fire 1

Only caught snips of the overall activities but based on what I heard:

I've lost all respect that I once had for guiliani.

The general saying we can't be a country that deals in hyperbole on the heels of saying we are more unsafe than ever as a country was a distasteful irony.

The strong arm tactics in putting down the floor call were typical of a trump campaign and disturbing.

Trumps wife gave a nice, but unmoving, speech. I don't care if it was plagiarized or not. Many speeches are. Hell, they probably hired the same speech writer. I just found it to be so bland that it was basically forgettable.

This isn't my Republican Party any more.

• Fire 1

Here's the benediction prayer from yesterday. And a great example of what is wrong in America (and yes, both sides do it).

Hello, Republicans! Im Pastor Mark Burns form the great state of South Carolina! Im gonna pray and Im gonna give the benediction. And you know why? Because we are electing a man in Donald Trump who believes in the name of Jesus Christ. And Republicans, we got to be united, because our enemy is not other Republicans but is Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party.

Lets pray together. Father God, in the name of Jesus, Lord, were so thankful for the life of Donald Trump. Were thankful that you are guiding him, that you are giving him the words to unite this party, this country, that we together can defeat the liberal Democratic Party, to keep us divided and not united. Because we are the United States of America, and we are the conservative party under God.

To defeat every attack that comes against us, protect the life of Donald Trump. Give him the words, give him the peace, give him the power and authority to be the next president of the United States of America. In Jesus name if you believe it, shout Amen!

That's just creepy and completely unseemly.

• Fire 2

I hope something else happens at the RNC soon because I'm already bored with the speech thing. It was mildly amusing for two minutes, but I'm ready to move on.

Of all the problems this country has, a slightly cribbed speech by a nice lady is pretty low on the list.

• Fire 1

That's just creepy and completely unseemly.

"To keep us divided and not United"? I went back and listened to that 3 times. wtf.

I hope something else happens at the RNC soon because I'm already bored with the speech thing. It was mildly amusing for two minutes, but I'm ready to move on.

Of all the problems this country has, a slightly cribbed speech by a nice lady is pretty low on the list.

I don't think you'll have to wait long for something else to happen Knapp ...

Nice deflection.

This is quite comical and on point for the left right to demonize deflect what a very strong and classy speech Michelle Obama wrote and presented in 2008 and that was stolen and repeated by Melania Trump gave. The overall night was strong with Rudys speech being so on point for how most Americans are feeling right now with the unease across this country. And let's not forget Obama has reused speeches before as shown here.

Corrected for accuracy on the Internet...

• Fire 4

Only caught snips of the overall activities but based on what I heard:

I've lost all respect that I once had for guiliani.

The general saying we can't be a country that deals in hyperbole on the heels of saying we are more unsafe than every as a country was a distasteful irony.

The strong arm tactics in putting down the floor call were typical of a trump campaign and disturbing.

Trumps wife gave a nice, but unmoving, speech. I don't care if it was plagiarized or not. Many speeches are. Hell, they probably hired the same speech writer. I just found it to be so bland that it was basically forgettable.

This isn't my Republican Party any more.

It's true, you can deny it all you want. The attacks are growing each day.