What does "supporting the team" mean?

My family has supported the University for well over 100 years. Season tickets, land, many different things that my great grand parents started. I love the campus, 99% of the time the coaches. I never blame the kids for shortcomings, but do come down hard on them when they do things wrong (IMO)

I am very concerned about Redux, the older he gets the more he likes to go to the game. Sounds like a Blue Hair in training to me.

Your a fan of Nebraska when you love the team, the school and what Nebraska stands for. If losing bothers you terribly, that is okay, just keep supporting the University in what it does. Does not mean you have to support the coaching staff. But never let the kids think they are not cherished for the effort they give us for our pleasure.

As I have grown older, well actually old, I too enjoy the TV. I truly can't not stand the whole came any longer, but my love for Nebraska has never diminished in nearly 70 years.

As long as the new season excites you, you want to see every game, how can you not be a great fan!

• Fire 3

I used to care a lot about how the team performed to the point that it would physically bother me for days at a time if they lost. Not anymore.

I still get jacked during the games, but I've learned to just take it all in stride and enjoy simply being a fan. If you support the team win or lose then you're a fan - you don't have to put a dime into it. And, in my opinion, you can still be critical and be a fan.

• Fire 2

I used to care a lot about how the team performed to the point that it would physically bother me for days at a time if they lost. Not anymore.

I still get jacked during the games, but I've learned to just take it all in stride and enjoy simply being a fan. If you support the team win or lose then you're a fan - you don't have to put a dime into it. And, in my opinion, you can still be critical and be a fan.

This is good advice. Living in Austin for the past 20 years forced me to grow a thick skin after all the losses to the whorns. Then the Callahan years made me numb to the losses in general. I try to keep a more even keel now.

I try to be pretty level headed now and supportive of the team. But on GameDay I'm a different person. During a rough game and god forbid.....a loss, I'm not very nice towards my team. But in the 24 hours following that I gradually return to my normal self.

The game threads are a dangerous place.

I try to be pretty level headed now and supportive of the team. But on GameDay I'm a different person. During a rough game and god forbid.....a loss, I'm not very nice towards my team. But in the 24 hours following that I gradually return to my normal self.

The game threads are a dangerous place.

Yeah, I think that's the difference for me as well. I'm still emotional/animated come gameday and gametime, up or down, but I'm able to turn it on and off much quicker than before.

As much as we hate to admit it, at least I do, I have finally grown up. It used to kill me after a loss, I grew up when there were a lot to start with, but then reached that plain where we seldom lost, and if we did, deep down you could understand it. Callahan changed that, but realized we were trying to make a change, Pelini and some of our losses just killed the idea of ever returning to a powerful top flight team. Still not certain that will ever happen again, but have faith that Coach Riley wants that and is working as hard as he can to make us a proud fan base every game..