Athlon: Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2016

Some of our fans are comically depressed. Every post seems like an Eeyore impression.

HKJCeLY.jpg

I'm not in the least bit depressed... I'm pi$$ed. LOL

So lift up your head little donkey and start kicking some a$$.

We have no idea where we're headed.

After 18 years of dysfunction... it's only getting worse. It's not the fault of the players... that's for sure. Their playing their hearts out. It's the fault of those at the very top of our progam. The ones making the decisions.

But I'm keeping my hopes up.

After 18 years of dysfunction... it's only getting worse. It's not the fault of the players... that's for sure. Their playing their hearts out. It's the fault of those at the very top of our progam. The ones making the decisions.

Our administration and coaching staff are lazy and don't care or..?

I initially read this and was pi$$ed. Had the wife read and she said it's the same stuff I and the board) has been saying. Really a kick to the nuts. Not much respect from the league about our team. Really not anything good IMO. Not a big believer in bulletin board material, but I'd read it out loud every day......

Comments seem largely pedestrian. Most of them are about changing systems and trying to find the right players/getting comfortable in the new schemes last year.

We need to find a consistent pass rush, which is no secret.

LB could be a strength of the team for the first time in forever, which is a good thing.

“I think they could be better on offense, but they need another recruiting class or two to get their guys on the field. The problem with that is it’s Nebraska and they just ran the last guy out for winning nine games a year.”

I wasn't under the impression of this comment being a dig at NU. I actually thought because of the wording that it was a statement of expectations at NU.

He said the problem with needing more recruiting classes is that NU had ran out the last guy for winning 9 games a year. Meaning, is NU willing to wait for Riley to get his guys? Obviously I think so.

I really think this quote came from someone like Chryst or maybe Fitz. I definitely don't think it was a dig. In my eyes. Total compliment toward the expectations in Lincoln.

• Fire 5

We are a program that is in complete disarray and dysfunction.

I guess that would explain the mass exodus of players leaving, and the reason no decent recruit will even look at Nebraska, huh?

We have an athletic director who hired a round hole coach to coach square peg players with no regard for who we are and our history. How that was allowed to happen will go down as one of the strangest things that's happened in the last 18 years.

Who exactly are we? Are we the no-huddle spread team with the defense designed to stop the pass happy teams in the Big XII that consistently gets embarrassed on national TV? Are we the run heavy option team that was consistently good and frequently great for 3 decades? Are we the team that won 2 MNC's by running out of a one back set about 50% of the time who threw the ball 20 times per game (which was high for the time)? Pine away all you want for the 90's, but that kind of a run is extremely rare. Times change

e have no way to get where we want to be... and anyone who's claiming we will improve in 3 or 4 years is full of it. There's absolutely no way to know where we are headed from here.

Yet you appear to know with certainty that disaster is looming. You apparantly have some special clarvoyance.

With that said... I am hoping we find a way to have a better season this year... somehow.

I am not going to guarantee a better season, but I think that is quite likely. It is true that this staff has proved nothing yet, but certainly, they deserve withholding judgement until after this season, at least.

• Fire 6

And back to the "they ran the last guy off.." comment. The last guy is gone because of embarrassment. Both the spittle flying, finger jabbing, hat swinging, head about to explode sideline antics as well as the "chicken$h1+ call," "you saw it" media/fan disrespecting, not to mention the #wisconsinscoresagain, single game rushing record yielding, folding on national TV performances.

• Fire 4

“I think they could be better on offense, but they need another recruiting class or two to get their guys on the field. The problem with that is it’s Nebraska and they just ran the last guy out for winning nine games a year.”

I wasn't under the impression of this comment being a dig at NU. I actually thought because of the wording that it was a statement of expectations at NU.

He said the problem with needing more recruiting classes is that NU had ran out the last guy for winning 9 games a year. Meaning, is NU willing to wait for Riley to get his guys? Obviously I think so.

I really think this quote came from someone like Chryst or maybe Fitz. I definitely don't think it was a dig. In my eyes. Total compliment toward the expectations in Lincoln.

Right. Definitely a comment on a major change and whether or not Riley will be given time to make it given we don't give coaches much leeway.

And back to the "they ran the last guy off.." comment. The last guy is gone because of embarrassment. Both the spittle flying, finger jabbing, hat swinging, head about to explode sideline antics as well as the "chicken$h1+ call," "you saw it" media/fan disrespecting, not to mention the #wisconsinscoresagain, single game rushing record yielding, folding on national TV performances.

According to Bo Pelini, he wanted out of Nebraska since 2011.

That alone is a good reason for getting Bo Pelini out of here.

If he had won 11 games and/or a meaningful championship, he might have engineered his departure to another major program.

He didn't, and he didn't.

I don't think many coaches want to support the firing of 9 win coaches, but I'm not convinced they're actually defending Bo Pelini.

Expectations are high at Nebraska, but I don't think we're any more or less pathological about it than Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, USC or even some of the newer would-be dynasties.

It would be kinda weird if we were satisfied with four loss seasons and no meaningful post-season appearances, right?

• Fire 5