Most likely redshirt burned in 2016?

I prefer to get the athletes on the field. In 1997, the most likely player to replace Frost as QB played split end and returned punts. Bobby Newcombe set a school record for season punt return average (20.33). He also averaged 9.8 yards per attempt on 16 rushes, and 24.7 yards per catch on 7 receptions. As a sophomore Newcombe was the starting QB until be injured his knee.

In addition to burning some redshirts, I would like to see Bush switch positions. If your heir apparent QB can play receiver, we should be able to find a way for a 3rd string freak athlete to contribute.

My feelings as well. Bush is one of the better athletes on the team. Size, speed, etc. He should be playing. Let him return kick offs and or punts. We have desperate need of someone who can do that. Maybe DPE is back? If Bush is third or arguably be 4th string if POB was worth his scholarship, he should be playing in the mean time. Now, if we lose Tommy or Fyfe, then he returns, maybe. This is why we make a deliberate effort to have no less than 2 QBs ready to go with some game snaps under their belts. We are one injury away from a disaster if Tommy goes down.

I see you guys are still two pees In a pod.

No, Bush isn't a Rush End.

No, Bush isn't more athletic and a better return man than DPE.

No, Bush isn't a better WR option than the 8 guys in front of him.

No, Bush isn't even our 3rd best QB.

What makes you think Bush could't move to DE? I think Bush could also play LB, but we are fairly deep at LB. He should at least be playing special teams; kick returns and coverage. Randy Gregory was listed at 240. Bush is listed at 6-3, 220. If he could add 20 to 40 pounds with a minimum loss of speed he could be an effective DE. There are plenty of examples of successful position switches. Tony Veland switched to the secondary from his recruited quarterback position prior to his junior year, started for the Huskers MNT team, and won a super bowl with the Broncos. Cody Glenn switched from IB to linebacker his senior year and was drafted by the Redskins.

I prefer to get the athletes on the field. In 1997, the most likely player to replace Frost as QB played split end and returned punts. Bobby Newcombe set a school record for season punt return average (20.33). He also averaged 9.8 yards per attempt on 16 rushes, and 24.7 yards per catch on 7 receptions. As a sophomore Newcombe was the starting QB until be injured his knee.

In addition to burning some redshirts, I would like to see Bush switch positions. If your heir apparent QB can play receiver, we should be able to find a way for a 3rd string freak athlete to contribute.

My feelings as well. Bush is one of the better athletes on the team. Size, speed, etc. He should be playing. Let him return kick offs and or punts. We have desperate need of someone who can do that. Maybe DPE is back? If Bush is third or arguably be 4th string if POB was worth his scholarship, he should be playing in the mean time. Now, if we lose Tommy or Fyfe, then he returns, maybe. This is why we make a deliberate effort to have no less than 2 QBs ready to go with some game snaps under their belts. We are one injury away from a disaster if Tommy goes down.

What makes you think Bush could't move to DE? I think Bush could also play LB, but we are fairly deep at LB. He should at least be playing special teams; kick returns and coverage. Randy Gregory was listed at 240. Bush is listed at 6-3, 220. If he could add 20 to 40 pounds with a minimum loss of speed he could be an effective DE. There are plenty of examples of successful position switches. Tony Veland switched to the secondary from his recruited quarterback position prior to his junior year, started for the Huskers MNT team, and won a super bowl with the Broncos. Cody Glenn switched from IB to linebacker his senior year and was drafted by the Redskins.

The point about Bush switching positions is that it's too early to make him switch. He's in his 3rd year in the program, and he has a legitimate chance at winning the QB job in 2017. Why move him now?

The point about Bush switching positions is that it's too early to make him switch. He's in his 3rd year in the program, and he has a legitimate chance at winning the QB job in 2017. Why move him now?

I was under the impression that MR and Langsdorf didn't think much of him. New recruits are pocket passers, and Tanner Lee was brought in. But even if he was obvious starter in 2017, why not let him contribute now? That's what was done with Bobby Newcombe; split end and punt returner as a freshman, starting QB as a sophomore.

I was under the impression that MR and Langsdorf didn't think much of him. New recruits are pocket passers, and Tanner Lee was brought in. But even if he was obvious starter in 2017, why not let him contribute now? That's what was done with Bobby Newcombe; split end and punt returner as a freshman, starting QB as a sophomore.

I don't think the situations are comparable. I understand what Newcombe did, I was at NU during that time. But, moving Bush to defense would be a full-time switch, which shouldn't really happen until 2017 at the earliest.

He didn't say that they were going to get mop up work in 2015 - believe he was talking about 2016... If you can predict the future please share with us the scores of the upcoming games so we can all be wise

Go back and look at the last three yrs, we were usually in a dog fight to win. That just might be a good indicator of the "future"

Not to put words in your mouth, however it sounds like you expect us to have zero games that will include mop up duty - I will go with atleast 3 games and probabily closer to five.

You can continue to live in the past and i will move on.

No need to discuss this further until we have some concrete info around late November.

Not to put words in your mouth, however it sounds like you expect us to have zero games that will include mop up duty - I will go with atleast 3 games and probabily closer to five.

You can continue to live in the past and i will move on.

No need to discuss this further until we have some concrete info around late November.

I am not living in the past, nor am i blindly ignoring it. I go by probabilities and they are not all peaches and cream

• 2 weeks later...