Keith Williams presser

knapplc

It does carry weight. You must be someone that never made a mistake in his life. Must be nice to live in a glass house.

Not at all. I've made a lot of mistakes. Including driving drunk. Of course I was in my early 20s - not 30s and 40s.

Doesnt change the circumstantial evidence that makes it almost a certainty that Williams isn't simply the most unlucky driver alive.

If you're all about understanding and forgiveness, you'll understand the strong likelihood that Williams has driven drunk multiple times in recent years without getting caught, and encourage him to dig deeper beyond the required apology. He needs to understand his responsibilities and consequences — and I think he does. But claiming the 8 year span between DUIs diminishes his guilt doesn't really do Williams - or us - any favors.

• Fire 1

I agree with the decision. Perhaps some room could be made for an extra week or two on the unpaid part but at the end of the day an employer needs to fire the guy or do what Nebraska did and move on. Long multi month suspensions are inappropriate for an employer. In some cases the employee can refer them to the EAP and they can't return until they have satisfied the counselor and if they drift from the rehab program they are terminated.

As someone that has suffered "severe" consequences for a "DUI". Lost my military career (12 years) over 1 DUI, I think they did what was right. Nobody wants to talk about the time frame between offenses. NO PLAYER could have 3 DUI's in the same time frame as Williams. If you listen real close to what MR says, "if the circumstance were the same, the player would still be on the team". If we have a player still on the team after 8 years, thats not a good player. 3 DUI's in 4 years is TOTALLY different that 3 in 12 years. There was a caller on 1620 this morning that was implying that he has been driving drunk more often then just Sunday. He just happened to get caught this time. What proof does that caller have to prove that, none. Really, how many people text, eat, call, do their makeup, etc., while driving. Distracted driving is distracted driving.

It was 8 years ago since his last DUI!! When did we become a society that does not believe in forgiveness. I can say with complete and total confidence. If his last DUI was 1 or 2 years ago, he would be gone. Period end of story. The high horse position I have heard from some Husker fans is so full of BS it makes me sick. Just to give you something to chew on, 1 Drink would make anyone a DWI candidate and 2 would get you a DUI. How many of you climb in your car and drive home after 1 drink??

I don't drink much at all, but when I do, I drink at home. When I do drink, its about half a pour of whiskey at a time. And I'm not talking about crap like Jim Beam or Jack Daniels. I'm talking about stuff like The Macallen 12 yr old Scotch. Or, if I have a drink at my inlaws, my wife drives home.