*** 2016 Game 1 "Expert" Picks: Fresno State at Nebraska***

Saunders

Don't start turning on BTN because they give their honest opinion now. Maybe they are wrong or maybe they did not see anything that thrilled them, maybe not sold on the coach or plain wrong, to early to tell. On the other hand you have the Daily Nebraskan with a very rosy blow sunshine up your butt, old glory days overview. Truth is likely somewhere in between and thats where I am as well. I wouldn't expect less then a 20 point win. The BTN guys are also pretty high on Minnesota, they play tonight vs Oregon State on BTN I believe, decent test so will see how one of their mini darlings performs.

Dude..come on.

yROpVwN.jpg

The honest opinion isn't quite as honest as your saying it is.

So what, they are lying?, trying to get you angry? They said what they said, why would they be dishonest, they may be wrong but it is what they seem to think. As mentioned before, maybe right maybe wrong. Personally their spread is much shorter then mine.

No reason to take it personally though.

Don't start turning on BTN because they give their honest opinion now. Maybe they are wrong or maybe they did not see anything that thrilled them, maybe not sold on the coach or plain wrong, to early to tell. On the other hand you have the Daily Nebraskan with a very rosy blow sunshine up your butt, old glory days overview. Truth is likely somewhere in between and thats where I am as well. I wouldn't expect less then a 20 point win. The BTN guys are also pretty high on Minnesota, they play tonight vs Oregon State on BTN I believe, decent test so will see how one of their mini darlings performs.

What....

what?....

So what, they are lying?, trying to get you angry? They said what they said, why would they be dishonest, they may be wrong but it is what they seem to think. As mentioned before, maybe right maybe wrong. Personally their spread is much shorter then mine.

I think it's nothing more than the BTN guys being lazy. They have 14 teams to cover, 14 games to cover this weekend, and they're not going to do in-depth analysis on all of them. They're focused on the better matchups like Wiscy/LSU and Minnesota/Oregon State, and on the better teams this year, Michigan and Ohio State and Sparty.

This isn't personal, at least that's not how I'm reading these responses. It's calling BTN out for doing a half-ass job.

• Fire 1

I think it's nothing more than the BTN guys being lazy. They have 14 teams to cover, 14 games to cover this weekend, and they're not going to do in-depth analysis on all of them. They're focused on the better matchups like Wiscy/LSU and Minnesota/Oregon State, and on the better teams this year, Michigan and Ohio State and Sparty.

This isn't personal, at least that's not how I'm reading these responses. It's calling BTN out for doing a half-ass job.

Thats the way of reporting unfortunately, it's not so much much half-ass as an unfortunate result of a bad season, you get a lot less mic time when you dont do so well. Hopefully this will change after a few games and Huskers get more detailed previews.

If we're not going to get solid realistic football analysis from the BTN, what's the point of shows like theirs?

For us to talk about it and get them ad revenue. You know better than that.

I don't watch bad TV shows, even shows that talk about my team.

But you're more than aware that the cable industry and these shows aren't designed to profit off of people like you. There aren't nearly as many of you as there are of people that do watch.

Thats the way of reporting unfortunately, it's not so much much half-ass as an unfortunate result of a bad season, you get a lot less mic time when you dont do so well. Hopefully this will change after a few games and Huskers get more detailed previews.

I don't know about that, they talked a lot about what was wrong with Michigan 2 years ago. :B) Anyway my response to Teach about him not liking NU was really just a snarky remark due to the fact that I know he coached at CU.

I understand if he and Griffith want to take a wait and see additude about things, but I am with Knappic and think it is a little bit a half ass anaysis.

Tom Dienhart makes no sense he says NU 30-27 over FSU and then puts out a snippet that NU could have the best offense in the west and maybe even the whole B1G

http://btn.com/2016/09/01/dienhart-10-things-i-think-i-know-entering-week-1/

If we're not going to get solid realistic football analysis from the BTN, what's the point of shows like theirs?

For us to talk about it and get them ad revenue. You know better than that.

I don't watch bad TV shows, even shows that talk about my team.

But you're more than aware that the cable industry and these shows aren't designed to profit off of people like you. There aren't nearly as many of you as there are of people that do watch.

Shows go off the air if they have poor quality content. Don't make this about me. Make it about accuracy. You're thinking about it all wrong.

• Fire 1

So you're going down with the ship on the insistence that poor-quality programming, even on ESPN, doesn't get cancelled. How many shows do you need listed for you to walk that back?

All I'm saying is that shows get cancelled when people don't watch them, and there isn't a direct correlation between people watching or not watching a show and how good/accurate/quality the show actually is.

Do you really want to argue that millions of Americans don't watch trash, low-quality, poor television shows?

I think it has more to do with their lack of knowledge about Fresno State this year than anything else.

I don't blame them one single bit for not being high on us this year, they get burned every time they predict us to be a contender. 4th in the West is a slap in the face considering what everyone else thinks, but we win and we will earn respect.

I don't know about that, they talked a lot about what was wrong with Michigan 2 years ago. :B) Anyway my response to Teach about him not liking NU was really just a snarky remark due to the fact that I know he coached at CU.

I understand if he and Griffith want to take a wait and see additude about things, but I am with Knappic and think it is a little bit a half ass anaysis.

Tom Dienhart makes no sense he says NU 30-27 over FSU and then puts out a snippet that NU could have the best offense in the west and maybe even the whole B1G

Yea, though Michigan down time has been worse then Nebraska's, you had one bad season with consistent 9 game wins prior that and not going up and down like a yoyo before a collapse, so maybe that was a bit more marketable and shocking. It was shocking to me at least heh.

But in the end it's all a bit irrelevant, people often watch these shows to feel good about their team or to hear a positive analysis of some sort.

Now i've been hearing lot's of things about Michigan, good, warm your heart type things, possible championship even type things. But after a few I stopped reading them. The only perception that matters is not what they say now but at the end of the season after the games are played. For Michigan it's a new defensive system and thats not necessarily great. QB is still in question, the O line was not that great and needs to perform. So I dont take the generalized opinions to seriously, be they positive or negative.

Whatever BTN says now about UM or Nebraska or Minnesota matters little. Who knows maybe their Minnie darlings who the BTN guys are so high on will loose tonight to Oregon State and make their predictions mean even less. Then again, Saturday awaits.....

Yea, though Michigan down time has been worse then Nebraska's, you had one bad season with consistent 9 game wins prior that and not going up and down like a yoyo before a collapse, so maybe that was a bit more marketable and shocking. It was shocking to me at least heh.

But in the end it's all a bit irrelevant, people often watch these shows to feel good about their team or to hear a positive analysis of some sort.

Now i've been hearing lot's of things about Michigan, good, warm your heart type things, possible championship even type things. But after a few I stopped reading them. The only perception that matters is not what they say now but at the end of the season after the games are played. For Michigan it's a new defensive system and thats not necessarily great. QB is still in question, the O line was not that great and needs to perform. So I dont take the generalized opinions to seriously, be they positive or negative.

Whatever BTN says now about UM or Nebraska or Minnesota matters little. Who knows maybe their Minnie darlings who the BTN guys are so high on will loose tonight to Oregon State and make their predictions mean even less. Then again, Saturday awaits.....

Well the Beavers are up 7-0 right now and OSU is driving