K. Williams defense with 55 seconds left

BoNeyard

Gerry is 4 INT's from the school record. He led the team in tackles in 2015 and INT's. In 2014 he was second in tackles and again led in INT's. I commented in another thread, comparing his numbers last year to the AA safeties, he was only off in TFL IIRC.

To say that Gerry isn't a great safety or good safety is an opinion. That stats show that he is....... Problem for a safety, you miss the tackle, its normally a score. Thats what people seem to remember. Do you remember Matt O'Hanlon's 3 INT's against Oklahoma or his lapse against VT? Regardless of that lapse at VT, O'Hanlon could flat out ball at safety. Same with Gerry. We are, IMO, a much much better team with him on the field. He isn't ejected against Iowa, we win that game.

We are a better team, yes, but Gerry hasn't played anywhere near his potential. It's starting to come around, but he still has deficiencies that keep him, even with his numbers, from being mentioned with the great secondary players in school history.

You want to tell me gerry doesnt take a ton of poor angles and tons of missed tackles? Thats been a consistent problem with him but he makes up for it in other areas. Having a nose for the ball doesnt mean interceptions only, he is also suppose to come up and stuff the run. 26 is in on damn near every tackle so far this year. Rewatch the games matty and honestly try to tell me that gerry has been more consistent so far this year.

The 3rd and Goal touchdown that Oregon scored on was Gerry taking a horrible angle to the ball carrier IIRC. Had he taken a better angle, I'm sure Gerry would have made it 4th and Goal.

Based on the reactions after the play, it seemed like Gerry was telling Lamar Jackson to stay outside.