Harrison Beck

Beck shouldn't redshirt. He definately needs playing time for who will take over for Taylor next year if all they have nobody with experience? They need to play Beck as much as possible and possibly Ganz as well. They need to get a good high school QB in this recruiting class and, if possible, a Taylor-like Juco QB.

There is such a big gap between Taylor and Ganz that the Huskers can't afford to redshirt Beck, in addition to the fact that he would not get the valuable playing time he needs to develop his skills.

and develop them well is what i think he will do, being behind taylor is a good a place to be as any, plus the coaches... i think he will develop into a good qb, he just needs time...

QUOTE (BIGREDIOWAN @ Apr 18 2006, 11:59 PM)

I have problems with both of my shoulders and I lift about 5 days a week.........I don't play college football however (hahah) but I've been thinking about going and having the shots and X-rays done as well that's a good point to make though!!! 

If you do get a shot of cortazone make sur that you take at least 2 weeks off from lifting, because you can do some serious damage if you dont. The pain will be gone and you will think that you will be able to lift anything.

Thanks for the info husker rob I would have went right back to lifting if you wouldn't have said that!!! :o

QUOTE (BIGREDIOWAN @ Apr 18 2006, 11:59 PM)

I have problems with both of my shoulders and I lift about 5 days a week.........I don't play college football however (hahah) but I've been thinking about going and having the shots and X-rays done as well that's a good point to make though!!! 

If you do get a shot of cortazone make sur that you take at least 2 weeks off from lifting, because you can do some serious damage if you dont. The pain will be gone and you will think that you will be able to lift anything.

Thanks for the info husker rob I would have went right back to lifting if you wouldn't have said that!!! :o

no problem, if you dont wait and start lifting again right away you will notice that there is not any pain so you might try putting more weight on the bar. that is when you could tear something.

with a sore shoulder you cant get out there and trrow the ball with any velocity. right now the has been 2 negative MRI's so he needs not to rush back into throwing hard again. If he does then that is when damage could develop.

Personally I would rather have take a red shirt if he needs it after fall camp then have him develop a dead arm.

We have just finished spring ball, this way to early to be talking about redshirting Beck.

As competetive as he is he was just trying to show what he can do, he just need rest.

well i would hope the trainers and sports medicine gurus would council him on the right treatment........personally, i get the feeling he has forced things in spring ball, rather than relax and use his instincts......could be way wrong here, but just my feeling about this whole thing and the way he has handled spring ball....i just don't believe he has learned to settle down and play under a little bit of pressure....if he got sore from increasing the velocity on the football, he is forcing his throws, his timing has got to be screwed up too......i think he is still learning to adjust to D-1 ball and the speed of the game, some guys get it right away, some take more time than others....potential can be a kind or unkind word, a curse or a blessing......how you handle the pressure and learning curve dictates the rate of your success.....we shall see.....again purely my own speculation and not meant to start a controversey

hunter