Away game seating question

TheKiD

I moved out to Indiana a few years back and the Huskers are finally coming out here to play. Work schedule lines up so I can go!

I've never been to a Husker away game before... unsure about what seats to buy. I can get seats in the designated visitors sections (1, 101) for face value $65/ea. I can also get much cheaper tickets with a better view in a general admissions section (105) for $39/ea (stubhub).

I know our fans travel well, but I'd rather not end up being the only husker fans in a sea of Hoosiers.

What do you guys think?

I moved out to Indiana a few years back and the Huskers are finally coming out here to play. Work schedule lines up so I can go!

I've never been to a Husker away game before... unsure about what seats to buy. I can get seats in the designated visitors sections (1, 101) for face value $65/ea. I can also get much cheaper tickets with a better view in a general admissions section (105) for $39/ea (stubhub).

I know our fans travel well, but I'd rather not end up being the only husker fans in a sea of Hoosiers.

What do you guys think?

I've only been to one away game so probably not the opinion you're looking for.

But since it's Indiana if it was me I would probably just get the best view. Indiana fans aren't exactly known for being jerks. Plus, there will probably be a lot of Nebraska fans there so chances are you won't be totally alone even in the Indiana section.

Also, if you're in a general admission section you can just go find Husker fans. I really doubt there will be any GA part of the stadium where you won't be able to find some.

What do you guys think?

But since it's Indiana if it was me I would probably just get the best view. Indiana fans aren't exactly known for being jerks. Plus, there will probably be a lot of Nebraska fans there so chances are you won't be totally alone even in the Indiana section.

Also, if you're in a general admission section you can just go find Husker fans. I really doubt there will be any GA part of the stadium where you won't be able to find some.

Well, I may have used the wrong term. It's seating that isn't specifically reserved for visitors, students, etc. But, still has assigned seating.

Not really worried about IU fans being hostile. Just would much prefer to surrounded by Husker fans. I'm thinking tickets in Visitors section is only way to guarantee that.

IU fans not likely to be hostile. Most of the time there is an inverse relationship between the hostility of the fans and the quality of the team. The worse the team, the nicer the fans. I'm going to the game and am not sitting in the Nebraska section. Not worried at all, and I'm also confident there will be many Nebraska fans around us. There seem to be a fair number of fans from Chicago going to the game.

• Fire 1

What do you guys think?

Well, I may have used the wrong term. It's seating that isn't specifically reserved for visitors, students, etc. But, still has assigned seating.

Not really worried about IU fans being hostile. Just would much prefer to surrounded by Husker fans. I'm thinking tickets in Visitors section is only way to guarantee that.

I don't know much about Indiana's stadium. If the visitor's section is good seats then do that. But if they're not I'd take my chances on the best affordable seat being near other Husker fans.

IU fans not likely to be hostile. Most of the time there is an inverse relationship between the hostility of the fans and the quality of the team. The worse the team, the nicer the fans. I'm going to the game and am not sitting in the Nebraska section. Not worried at all, and I'm also confident there will be many Nebraska fans around us. There seem to be a fair number of fans from Chicago going to the game.

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll follow suit and just get good seats.

They are expecting 50,000 in Bloomington on Saturday (it is their Homecoming...separate issue...completely insulting), and I will be shocked if at least 15,000 of them aren't in black (or whatever color we are wearing). I'm really looking forward to it, we bought tickets on the secondary market, we aren't in the Nebraska section, but I'm sure we won't be the only ones in our section throwing the bones.

They are expecting 50,000 in Bloomington on Saturday (it is their Homecoming...separate issue...completely insulting), and I will be shocked if at least 15,000 of them aren't in black (or whatever color we are wearing). I'm really looking forward to it, we bought tickets on the secondary market, we aren't in the Nebraska section, but I'm sure we won't be the only ones in our section throwing the bones.

50,000 would be surprising since capacity is right around 52,000 and they don't sell out very often. There are still full sections available in the upper deck as well. Am I missing some big factor other than homecoming?

Thanks for this thread. I am thinking of taking a last-minute trip to the game this Saturday with my son, and I have never been to IU's stadium before. I too would like to be around other Husker fans, but also not be stuck far up in a corner. Any word on where most of the NU fans will be for this game?

I would guess that anywhere along the visitor sideline (sections 1-12 or 101-112) would be neutral or pro Nebraska. Obviously the closer you get to the actual visitor section (1 or 101) the more Husker fans you will be around.

I'm disappointed Indiana doesnt have tiered pricing like purdue does. We were going to go but the prices on stubhub never got down low enough. make sure you don't buy youth tickets. some of those were priced way higher than they should have been last time i looked.

Looks like 57 dollars is the cheapest on stubhub right now.