Week 7 Preview: Indiana

BIG ERN

Indiana is a tough out in Bloomington. They frankly should have beaten both Michigan and Ohio State at home last year. Although it's a different team this year and will not be an intimidating environment, they tend to play well at home. This is also a much improved football team. This team is not the Indiana that many casual fans think of. This team has gotten much better under Kevin Wilson. As far as losing to Wake Forest, they almost put up 700 yards of total offense but were doomed by 5 INT's. They should be a 4-1 football team and should demand our full attention.

In the last 10 years they have one 7 games once and 6 games once. The other 8 years they have been under 6 wins. They have 44 wins in the last 10 years.

Purdue has 48 wins (one of those at the expense of Nebraska)

This is not a "trap" game because Indiana is good...

Did you get raped in Lafayette that day? You have an awful lot of angst built up for such a totally irrelevant, meaningless afternoon.

Meaningless to whom?

Was the MSU win that same season meaningful?

Anywho...why are we making out Indiana to be some good team?

Indiana is a tough out in Bloomington. They frankly should have beaten both Michigan and Ohio State at home last year. Although it's a different team this year and will not be an intimidating environment, they tend to play well at home. This is also a much improved football team. This team is not the Indiana that many casual fans think of. This team has gotten much better under Kevin Wilson. As far as losing to Wake Forest, they almost put up 700 yards of total offense but were doomed by 5 INT's. They should be a 4-1 football team and should demand our full attention.

In the last 10 years they have one 7 games once and 6 games once. The other 8 years they have been under 6 wins. They have 44 wins in the last 10 years.

Did you get raped in Lafayette that day? You have an awful lot of angst built up for such a totally irrelevant, meaningless afternoon.

Meaningless to whom?

you just seem to always have some smartass comment about our loss to purdue last year. Like its some overwriting narrative of significance. Which it isnt. We had a bad day. Didnt give a sh#t. And lost badly to a bad team. Obviously that loss doesnt repreent anything.

As far as iniana goes. I dont know. I expect it to go bout like NW and Illinois. Ypu just watch how the goalposts move tho. Right now folks are propping up indiana in order to justify their own pessimism for our team. But it wont be consistent. The second we win by 2-3 scores the narrative will change. " but its just indiana" theyll say.

Meaningless to whom?

you just seem to always have some smartass comment about our loss to purdue last year. Like its some overwriting narrative of significance. Which it isnt. We had a bad day. Didnt give a sh#t. And lost badly to a bad team. Obviously that loss doesnt repreent anything.

As far as iniana goes. I dont know. I expect it to go bout like NW and Illinois. Ypu just watch how the goalposts move tho. Right now folks are propping up indiana in order to justify their own pessimism for our team. But it wont be consistent. The second we win by 2-3 scores the narrative will change. " but its just indiana" theyll say.

The Purdue loss was horrid

If they don't beat Indiana by 14 or more it will be bad. Period. I think it will be like NW and Illinois too.

Yeah, Sam still on the talent drum.

Indiana has one four-star on the team and he's out indefinitely with an injury. And Indiana is in the bottom 15 of the Power 5 in roster talent. But do what ya gotta do....

https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/786379039560785920

So the question for Sam is does he not think Riley and Co can't coach up their players to the same degree? I also don't get how someone who reports on recruiting can downplay the past recruiting of NU so much.

I don't understand.

He said the talent matchup is decent. Is this not true?

He said we have the edge. Is this not true?

Are you guys saying we have a much greater talent edge than Sam is implying?

I don't doubt we have more talent, but I'd argue that the talent gap between Nebraska and say Ohio State is larger than Nebraska and Indiana (at this point anyway)

Yes.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Injuries can screw with those numbers, but as we've heard forever, every team has injuries, so we just gotta overcome them.

responding to this but creating a new thread so as to not taint this one.

How did our discussion taint this one?

What is the proper criteria for this thread?

I wasn't trying to say that your discussion tainted this thread- if you read the thread I created "247 Roster Rating Discussion" I wanted to talk about a different point using the same link and didn't want to taint this thread with my response that is off topic. Sorry for the confusion

Meaningless to whom?

If they don't beat Indiana by 14 or more it will be bad. Period. I think it will be like NW and Illinois too.

Agree, Don't agree. What?

Meaningless to whom?

Agree, Don't agree. What?

Meaningless to whom?

The more I think about it...Riley has never really lost a game :)