ISU's Leader in Tackles....

whoa hold on a second. you guys are all calling him a stand up guy, admitted he made a mistake... but his only mistake was getting caught. he is not a stand up guy. he would have continued to use supplements and everything else had he not been caught.

EXACTLY! Since when is it admirable to get your hand caught in the cookie jar and not lie about it? Anyways, I thought Shatel's quote at the end of his column was great today.

Speaking of depth, Iowa State's defense took another hit when linebacker Matt Robertson was dismissed for taking a nutritional substance banned by the NCAA. Coach Dan McCarney's integrity, however, remains rock solid.
whoa hold on a second.  you guys are all calling him a stand up guy, admitted he made a mistake... but his only mistake was getting caught.  he is not a stand up guy.  he would have continued to use supplements and everything else had he not been caught.

EXACTLY! Since when is it admirable to get your hand caught in the cookie jar and not lie about it? Anyways, I thought Shatel's quote at the end of his column was great today.

Speaking of depth, Iowa State's defense took another hit when linebacker Matt Robertson was dismissed for taking a nutritional substance banned by the NCAA. Coach Dan McCarney's integrity, however, remains rock solid.

I think what they are trying to say is that he is being a man about it and taking his punishment without denying that he took it. Unlike what Bond's is doing!

I think what they are trying to say is that he is being a man about it and taking his punishment without denying that he took it. Unlike what Bond's is doing!

Understood, but by the very nature of what happened, he isn't a stand up guy because he cheated.

Ye who have never sinned cast the first stone.

After reading the article, and reading matt robertson's statement, I would say that he definitely showed a lot of maturity and humility. Stand-up guy...all the way. His parents should be proud of how he responded to the year-long suspension. He could have reacted an entirely different way (i.e. palmiero, bonds, onterrio smith...to name a few) by denying, denying, denying. I actually kinda feel sorry for the guy.

Ye who have never sinned cast the first stone.

After reading the article, and reading matt robertson's statement, I would say that he definitely showed a lot of maturity and humility. Stand-up guy...all the way. His parents should be proud of how he responded to the year-long suspension. He could have reacted an entirely different way (i.e. palmiero, bonds, onterrio smith...to name a few) by denying, denying, denying. I actually kinda feel sorry for the guy.

The football teams give a list of banned ingredients and substances that are illegal(as far as the NCAA is concerned) to the players. I know a guy that played for the Mavs and he showed me the pile of crap he had to throw away when the NCAA changed the banned ingredients a couple years back. EVERY player should be aware of what they are taking if they are getting their own supplements and quite frankly, why the hell would he bother with the hassle and just get the school supplied stuff and ask the strength coach what to use? He is either ignorant of what he was taking (and as I learned at my high school "ignorance is no excuse"), or fully aware that he was taking a banned performance enhancer and he cheated and got caught. It's pointless to try and point fingers after you get caught doing something, it's not going to change the fact that you were in the wrong(right Frank?)