Worst Announcing Job of All-Time

Man, glad the blocked field goal didn't come back to bite us in the ass

^^^^ this +100

They must have said blocked field goal 10 times finally in the fourth the dried up old guy corrected Ed

And then... Ed called it s blocked FG one more time!

That was the worst part. He was corrected, then 30 seconds later he resorted back to the incorrect statement. Freaking idiot!

That wasn't even in the ballpark of Newby, so I had no problem with the call. TAs pass wasn't even thrown towards Newby. Like Mav said he was eight or so yards away but the throw was no where close to said area.

A couple of no call holds on Indiana near the end, which is not one bit shocking based on past games, and Stanley getting an arm held when trying to make deep catch were the only ones I would say were blown by the officials.

Agree with the Newby grounding call - it was correct. But refs missed a lot of other calls on Indiana. Kevin Maurice got held at least a half dozen times, and then they call him for defensive holding. If you're calling holding on Maurice, then you've got to call it the other way too. The offsides calls on Dzuris were okay but ticky-tacky, and Indiana wasn't always getting set when they did hurry-up; again, got to call it both ways. The big punt return had two blocks in the back that didn't get called. And there were a handful of DPI calls that were really close (against both teams).

It wasn't really the individual calls that gave me heartburn about the refs, it was the unbalanced calls in favor of Indiana (not intentional like they wanted IU to win, just poor job by the refs). Nebraska had 9 penalties for 53 yards accepted (with I think a couple penalties declined) vs Indiana had 1 penalty for 10 yards (I don't recall any penalties declined). If Indiana was playing a REALLY clean game, then fine. But that wasn't the case.

Cunningham is a twat. Dude gets all butthurt begging for targeting on one of their WR screens (when the WR was still driving for the LOS), yet didn't say sh#t when tommy got drilled after one of his passes on the previous drive.

I'd take Beth Mowens over him any time.

Ed is pretty bad, but I would never go that far. She is the worst announcer in all of sports.

She's boring, but she doesn't say factually wrong things consistently and play them off as the truth.

I agree it was bad. Buuuuut Ed was sorta right on the 2pt call.

What? if we go for 2 and miss it is an 8 point game - allowing Indiana a chance for a touchdown with 2 point conversion to tie the game. Plus their is a momentum loss when you miss the 2.

Yeah going for 2 in that spot would have been a terrible choice.

Cunningham is a twat. Dude gets all butthurt begging for targeting on one of their WR screens (when the WR was still driving for the LOS), yet didn't say sh#t when tommy got drilled after one of his passes on the previous drive.

I'd take Beth Mowens over him any time.

Ed is pretty bad, but I would never go that far. She is the worst announcer in all of sports.

She's boring, but she doesn't say factually wrong things consistently and play them off as the truth.

She just doesn't know and can't pronounce anyone's name and you nailed it on the boring part.