Mike Riley Monday Press Conference

NUance

HCMR discusses the Indiana game, and looks forward to Purdue.

=========================

Talks about our punt returns against Indiana at 4:35. Said that, give Indiana's history we expected a fake punt. We left our defense on the field for three of their punts. And that's why we had no blocking for punt returns. (Sorry Fo Fiddy for dissing you like I did. lol)

• Fire 2

Every week the additude of the coaches impress me. They look at the film, find the real problems, say they are going to work on them and fix them and that's exactly what they do. They don't get too high on a win or a good performance, they don't get too low on a bad performance. They are steady and focused on the next opponent and it is refreshing to see.

Every week the additude of the coaches impress me. They look at the film, find the real problems, say they are going to work on them and fix them and that's exactly what they do. They don't get too high on a win or a good performance, they don't get too low on a bad performance. They are steady and focused on the next opponent and it is refreshing to see.

No favorite phrase "The players didn't execute." Refreshing - stick to what needs to improve, praise for what went right - then going straight ahead to the next game without getting caught up on negatives from the week before. MR is refreshing and his calm demeanor has a positive affect on the team.

No favorite phrase "The players didn't execute." Refreshing - stick to what needs to improve, praise for what went right - then going straight ahead to the next game without getting caught up on negatives from the week before. MR is refreshing and his calm demeanor has a positive affect on the team.

Ugh! I got sick and tired of hearing that phrase after every loss. It's like saying, "our coaching and scheme was solid, but the players just didn't get it done." Such a huge copout to blame it on the players like that. :facepalm:

I'm not saying that Riley and co. are perfect. But they do seem to do a better job of owning up to their shortcomings, when there is one.

Ugh! I got sick and tired of hearing that phrase after every loss. It's like saying, "our coaching and scheme was solid, but the players just didn't get it done." Such a huge copout to blame it on the players like that. :facepalm:

I'm not saying that Riley and co. are perfect. But they do seem to do a better job of owning up to their shortcomings, when there is one.

Yep - agreed 1000%