Post Election - Chaos, Retrenchment, or Cooperation

By the way, I heard Obama's 'speech' this morning also. He like Hillary and Trump was very conciliatory as well. He had an excellent response and showed good character in stating how we need to transition to the new president and wish him success for the sake of the country. I liked his analogy that the election was an intramural game between members of the same team - team USA.

I'm very quickly getting really sick and tired of both sides in this.

First off, the gloating from Republicans. This just simply is not a good look. Like TO used to say, act like you've been there before. Gloating and poking Democrats in the eye does NOTHING to help heal the country, draw us together and...quite frankly....help Trump accomplish what you want him to do. You are looking no different than what you were disgusted with when Obama won 8 years ago. I remember Republicans upset that Obama was being "cocky" after the election. Well.....now it's your turn. Act like how you would have hoped Hillary supporters would have acted if she had won. And, remember, you didn't win in some huge landslide. You got lucky with how the electoral college fell. Trump voters are still the minority as far as actual popular vote.

On the flip side, this attitude from Democrats that it was rural "uneducated" voters that won the election for Trump is not helping your cause at all. There are very highly educated people in rural areas that voted for Trump. Many of the states that went for Trump have the highest HS graduation rates in the country with some of the highest rated public schools. Every small town out here has doctors, lawyers, business people....etc. who are very highly educated that voted for Trump. Meanwhile, while cities have very well educated people too, there are large pockets of inner cities where the schools are crap and graduation rates are very low that vote Democratic almost every election. So, this uneducated voter crap is not a good look for them and it is doing nothing to increase their voter base in these areas so they might be able to take the Senate back in two years or the Whitehouse in four.

I know everyone is either totally depressed or on cloud nine right now with the election. But, both sides need to be looking in the mirror and asking themselves what's the best attitude going forward.

First off, the gloating from Republicans. This just simply is not a good look. Like TO used to say, act like you've been there before. Gloating and poking Democrats in the eye does NOTHING to help heal the country, draw us together and...quite frankly....help Trump accomplish what you want him to do. You are looking no different than what you were disgusted with when Obama won 8 years ago. I remember Republicans upset that Obama was being "cocky" after the election. Well.....now it's your turn. Act like how you would have hoped Hillary supporters would have acted if she had won. And, remember, you didn't win in some huge landslide. You got lucky with how the electoral college fell. Trump voters are still the minority as far as actual popular vote.

On the flip side, this attitude from Democrats that it was rural "uneducated" voters that won the election for Trump is not helping your cause at all. There are very highly educated people in rural areas that voted for Trump. Many of the states that went for Trump have the highest HS graduation rates in the country with some of the highest rated public schools. Every small town out here has doctors, lawyers, business people....etc. who are very highly educated that voted for Trump. Meanwhile, while cities have very well educated people too, there are large pockets of inner cities where the schools are crap and graduation rates are very low that vote Democratic almost every election. So, this uneducated voter crap is not a good look for them and it is doing nothing to increase their voter base in these areas so they might be able to take the Senate back in two years or the Whitehouse in four.

I know everyone is either totally depressed or on cloud nine right now with the election. But, both sides need to be looking in the mirror and asking themselves what's the best attitude going forward.

BRB - I was involved in some back and forth on another thread about his core voters yesterday ---- to be clear, it was males without college degrees. I don't think there's ever been a mention about lack of educated people in small towns and etc. If people make the leap that if you don't have a college degree you're not educated I can't control that I guess. He won rural, and he won with white males without college degrees. Doesn't mean college grads that are white and live in rural areas didn't vote for him, it is mere percentages of voters, that's all. I'm sure there's a similar breakdown of who supported Hillary.

Trump and Obama had a good meeting at the WH today. Scheduled for 15 min and it went to 90 min. That is a good thing.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/obama-trump-white-house-meeting/2016/11/10/id/758230/

Trump said the two discussed several different situations, including "some wonderful and some difficulties."

"I very much look forward to dealing with the president in the future including counsel," said Trump. "He explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets and some of the really great things that have been achieved. So, Mr. President, it was a great honor being with
you, and I look forward to being with you many, many more times in the future."

Obama also described the meeting as an "excellent conversation" that was "wide-ranging."

"We talked about some of the organizational issues in setting up a White House," said Obama. "We talked about foreign policy, we talked about domestic policy. And as I said last night, my number one priority in the coming two months is to try to facilitate a transition that insures our president-elect is successful."

BRB - I was involved in some back and forth on another thread about his core voters yesterday ---- to be clear, it was males without college degrees. I don't think there's ever been a mention about lack of educated people in small towns and etc. If people make the leap that if you don't have a college degree you're not educated I can't control that I guess. He won rural, and he won with white males without college degrees. Doesn't mean college grads that are white and live in rural areas didn't vote for him, it is mere percentages of voters, that's all. I'm sure there's a similar breakdown of who supported Hillary.

Just saw this, and I don't think it's been posted (there are waaaaay too many threads right now on this topic). But it's a great way to look at who voted for whom.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html?_r=0

Just saw this, and I don't think it's been posted (there are waaaaay too many threads right now on this topic). But it's a great way to look at who voted for whom.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html?_r=0

There's a huge problem with the NY Times article.

It's based on phone and exit polls.

Those both were notoriously wrong in this election.

The data is null and void.

There's a huge problem with the NY Times article.

It's based on phone and exit polls.

Those both were notoriously wrong in this election.

The data is null and void.

Hang on -- there's a difference between "The polls were wrong by a few percentage points, throwing our confidence in election results way off base" and "the data is null and void."

• Fire 2