Michael Moore: 5 Reasons Trump Will Win

Friends:

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I gave it to you straight last summer when I told you that Donald Trump would be the Republican nominee for president. And now I have even more awful, depressing news for you: Donald J. Trump is going to win in November. This wretched, ignorant, dangerous part-time clown and full time sociopath is going to be our next president. President Trump. Go ahead and say the words, ‘cause you’ll be saying them for the next four years: “PRESIDENT TRUMP.”

Never in my life have I wanted to be proven wrong more than I do right now.

I can see what you’re doing right now. You’re shaking your head wildly – “No, Mike, this won’t happen!” Unfortunately, you are living in a bubble that comes with an adjoining echo chamber where you and your friends are convinced the American people are not going to elect an idiot for president. You alternate between being appalled at him and laughing at him because of his latest crazy comment or his embarrassingly narcissistic stance on everything because everything is about him. And then you listen to Hillary and you behold our very first female president, someone the world respects, someone who is whip-smart and cares about kids, who will continue the Obama legacy because that is what the American people clearly want! Yes! Four more years of this!

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

I can't stand MM but he had some interesting points. Lack of enthusiasm for Hillary and lack of trust for her combined wt Trump beating the drum on lost jobs through the rust belt and the idea that there may be enough people voting in the

'unthinkable' just to stir the pot - it could happen.

Hillary certainly doesn't have a comfortable lead, so he may be right. The 538 graphic I've been updating since the Conventions kind of looks like it's a shoo-in for Hillary (hovering around 80%-86% likelihood of a Clinton win), but that's a likeliness scale, not actual votes.

We'll have to hold our breath and see what happens. President Pence doesn't sound any more odd than President Clinton.

Hillary certainly doesn't have a comfortable lead, so he may be right. The 538 graphic I've been updating since the Conventions kind of looks like it's a shoo-in for Hillary (hovering around 80%-86% likelihood of a Clinton win), but that's a likeliness scale, not actual votes.

We'll have to hold our breath and see what happens. President Pence doesn't sound any more odd than President Clinton.

Knapp, what did you mean by the bold?

My bet, if I was a betting guy, is that Hillary will win this. Any other Dem would be running away wt this and the same is true of most of the other top 5 repubs. But I think you are right, we'll be holding our breath. I don't have a horse in the top 2 race so we'll see.

That Trump offered Kasich the de facto job of president, and there's every reason to believe he made the same offer to Pence.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/07/20/trump_reportedly_wanted_kasich_as_vp_to_be_in_charge_of_domestic_and_foreign.html

• Fire 1

That Trump offered Kasich the de facto job of president, and there's every reason to believe he made the same offer to Pence.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/07/20/trump_reportedly_wanted_kasich_as_vp_to_be_in_charge_of_domestic_and_foreign.html

Thanks. :thumbs Makes perfectly good sense now wt that reminder.

I'm thinking that many voting for Trump are looking at it this way also - Pence will be the brains and policy and Trump just the visible spokesman. - that may be their hope but not sure Trump could or would limit himself to that role even though he wouldn't have a clue how to do policy and brain work.

Very true and no argument wt that. He hasn't been vetted or supported by primary voters. But I've heard people argue that they will hold their nose voting for Trump because they are really voting for Pence who they thing can move Trump. Trump has proven that he cannot be managed by anyone - how many campaign mgrs. has he had?? And he still cannot keep on message. Thus another reason not to believe his 'promises'.

(Next week I will post my thoughts on Trump’s Achilles Heel and how I think he can be beat.)

This entire thing strikes me as little more than a cry for attention from Michael Moore.

Well I wonder what the Achilles heel is that we haven't heard of before. I think he as at least 10

I had the exact same thought as Zoogs on this one. Trump could win, but MM makes his living off of being sensationalist. That he would come out emphatically and state Trump WILL win is not surprising to me. Certainly, the narratives and logic as to how we could get there exist. But the numbers just don't back it up. They say he's got a very slim chance at pulling it off.

I would urge anybody voting Trump just because of Pence to actually examine Pence's record. They may find something they like in there. I certainly found nothing that did anything for me. He did a poor job governing Indiana, IMO. The Lt. Gov. of Indiana, Eric Holcomb, is running to replace him, and is campaigning on having worked with Mitch Daniels, who was governor before Pence. No mention of Pence when he campaigns because of how disliked he is in the state.

For now, he seems like a sane, upstanding individual that represents what we want in our politicians. It's extremely easy to do that when you stand next to ranting, raving political version of Gary Busey and a party that's fallen to the fringe nut jobs.

I had the exact same thought as Zoogs on this one. Trump could win, but MM makes his living off of being sensationalist. That he would come out emphatically and state Trump WILL win is not surprising to me. Certainly, the narratives and logic as to how we could get there exist. But the numbers just don't back it up.

Pretty darned sure this is MM using a sort of reverse psychology to scare people who he thinks don't think Trump could elected. We all know that MM's preference would be Hillary or any liberal dem getting the job as opposed to Trump or any repub. I'M sure there are a significant number of people who look at this and think "what the hell, I'll vote for Trump" and send the message that I'm not happy with the way things are but all the while knowing deep down that there is no way in hell my fellow citizens will elect Trump. Those people do exist. I think this is Moore's way of trying to get through to at least a few of them and make them realize it could happen. jmo.

I mean really, honestly....seriously and honestly, who can picture it really coming to pass? I realize all it takes is enough votes in right places and he is headshakingly close is many states but really I don't believe it could really happen. I mean really...